British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Should unhealthy food be required to be labeled with graphic health warnings? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/should-unhealthy-food-required-labeled-graphic-health-warnings-794398/)

commonwealth Apr 18th 2013 9:58 am

Should unhealthy food be required to be labeled with graphic health warnings?

just like fag?

it would
perhaps make you lose appetite if you see a photo of a diseased heart or liver or amputated leg.

rasen78 Apr 18th 2013 10:04 am

Re: Should unhealthy food be required to be labeled with graphic health warnings?

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by commonwealth (Post 10665831)
just like fag?

it would
perhaps make you lose appetite if you see a photo of a diseased heart or liver or amputated leg.

This should do it (courtesy of SC)

Pollyana Apr 18th 2013 10:05 am

Re: Should unhealthy food be required to be labeled with graphic health warnings?

Originally Posted by commonwealth (Post 10665831)
just like fag?

it would

Just like the nasty pictures on cigarette packets made everyone stop smoking? Yeah right .........

BEVS Apr 18th 2013 10:29 am

Should unhealthy food be required to be labeled with graphic health warnings
No.

Alfresco Apr 18th 2013 10:41 am

Originally Posted by rasen78 (Post 10665846)
This should do it (courtesy of SC)

:blink:

Hebe Apr 18th 2013 10:52 am

No

DeadVim Apr 18th 2013 1:12 pm

Food is just food, what makes it 'unheathly' is context and dosage.

A pizza is fine, a doughnut is fine, a tuna salad is just as fine.

In context.

paulandcelia Apr 18th 2013 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 10666133)

In context.

So NOT all at the same sitting then??

DeadVim Apr 18th 2013 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by paulandcelia (Post 10666167)
So NOT all at the same sitting then??

If you like :D

I eat mostly in the evening so it's a total free for all :thumbsup:

IvanM Apr 18th 2013 9:18 pm

A doughnut pizza would be even better.

Originally Posted by DeadVim (Post 10666133)

In context.

ozzieeagle Apr 18th 2013 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by IvanM (Post 10666926)
A doughnut pizza would be even better.

As long as it's made with spelt flour.

So what label would Butter get v Margarine ? With one being natural and one being closely associated with plastic.

One of the main problems I see is the nutrition scientists moving the goal posts on food and it's effects all the time.

They are even saying Kangaroo could be bad for the heart now because of L Carnatine.

jad n rich Apr 18th 2013 10:54 pm

The majority of people know exactly what food is good or bad for them, they just choose to use that knowledge or not. Many just dont care or wont take responsibility for their health.

When discharged from hosp recently, a very obese lady was at the hospital doors with us, she said she had been in for 3 and a half weeks with a massive ulcer. The first thing she did was lit up a cigarette!!

You would have thought she would have grabbed the chance to have given it up, but nope. More shocking was this woman with chronic health probs from her weight and smoking was 23!!!!

DeadVim Apr 18th 2013 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10667038)

So what label would Butter get v Margarine ? With one being natural and one being closely associated with plastic.

One of the main problems I see is the nutrition scientists moving the goal posts on food and it's effects all the time.

They are even saying Kangaroo could be bad for the heart now because of L Carnatine.

Bad for the 'roo maybe :D

The problem is that you can find a study to prove almost anything in the nutritional field.

It's just fuel, what is 'unhealthy'? Anything in excess ... Water ... Avocado ... Goji berries ...

Swerv-o Apr 18th 2013 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 10667038)

FFS - I pretty much only eat roo and chicken these days. I think I will stop listening to the experts and just eat what I want, when I fancy.

S

ozzieeagle Apr 18th 2013 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o (Post 10667100)
FFS - I pretty much only eat roo and chicken these days. I think I will stop listening to the experts and just eat what I want, when I fancy.

S

Twas reported here...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/kanga...408-2hgyx.html

Which leads me to the same view as you. Eat what your comfortable eating. One of the biggest no no's for me is charred meat over open fire.... I can feel that doing bad things when I inadvertently ingest some.