Maybe in a stripbar.
16.22%
Not concerned.
2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Should staff wear lingerie/bikinis in family pubs

Old May 7th 2011, 10:45 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should staff wear lingerie/bikinis in acceptable in family pubs

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Thought I'd leave that up to you to find out...
Wadda pal
Old May 7th 2011, 10:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should staff wear lingerie/bikinis in family pubs

Originally Posted by ukecadet
Only if they are under a size 18
Most of the local ones do fall into that category! I just find it off-putting....... I don't know if its a trend anywhere else but it seems to be a growing thing in north Brisbane. Your ordinary backstreet pub employs a few young ladies, gives them very skimpy bikinis and then tells them to walk round the pub offering to fetch drinks from the bar for people.

Now I can appreciate that red-blooded males may enjoy finding a scantily clad female at their elbow, but personally I don't want to turn round and find myself staring at a near-naked girlie only inches away from me - and certainly not when all I want is a quiet pint!! This afternoon I turned round to the bar to find one of the "girlies" bending over and displaying the female version of "builders bum" as her costume was too small.

The only two pubs near me have been doing this for a few months, during which they have got progressively more rowdy and less welcoming to anyone who isn't a) male and b) under 30. I'm sure there is a place for this kind of waitress, but surely more private clubs would be better than ordinary pubs.

Its obviously a fad thats here to stay (sadly) and maybe I've noticed it more this week having been spoilt for a while by the standard of pubs back home, but I'm genuinely interested to know what other people think about it and whether I'm the only female that finds the whole thing distasteful........and is it only a north Brisbane thing?
Old May 7th 2011, 8:25 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Most of the local ones do fall into that category! I just find it off-putting....... I don't know if its a trend anywhere else but it seems to be a growing thing in north Brisbane. Your ordinary backstreet pub employs a few young ladies, gives them very skimpy bikinis and then tells them to walk round the pub offering to fetch drinks from the bar for people.

Now I can appreciate that red-blooded males may enjoy finding a scantily clad female at their elbow, but personally I don't want to turn round and find myself staring at a near-naked girlie only inches away from me - and certainly not when all I want is a quiet pint!! This afternoon I turned round to the bar to find one of the "girlies" bending over and displaying the female version of "builders bum" as her costume was too small.

The only two pubs near me have been doing this for a few months, during which they have got progressively more rowdy and less welcoming to anyone who isn't a) male and b) under 30. I'm sure there is a place for this kind of waitress, but surely more private clubs would be better than ordinary pubs.

Its obviously a fad thats here to stay (sadly) and maybe I've noticed it more this week having been spoilt for a while by the standard of pubs back home, but I'm genuinely interested to know what other people think about it and whether I'm the only female that finds the whole thing distasteful........and is it only a north Brisbane thing?
as long as they're still there when we visit
Old May 7th 2011, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Interested to hear responses.
Should only be allowed if there are also hot looking male versions in tight speedo's serving the women so everyone including children get a balanced view. But think all of them look better in decently photographed and posed photo's. But that's more about a nice tasteful shot of a fit guy than letching.
On the whole though they are not put there to look artistically nice but for the sad perverts to drool over, of which there are obviosly many if as Polly says pub now heaving. That said the bikini clad girls do make a fair living off the sado's who drool then tip them. The full pub since introduction yet another example of were men's brains really are.

Would rather see a nice 501 advert
Old May 7th 2011, 10:36 pm

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest with you I've only ever seen this once and that was in a pub in Perth 20 years ago.My initial reaction was WTF's all this about!
I don't like it.I think it's demeaning to women and sad that it's probably part of their job description.
I know some blokes can be lecherous but to see a pub full of them was very distasteful to me.I would have liked to round them all up and throw them in the "dirty bastards" prison...If there had been one.
It's not my kind of thing and never really has been.
I go in a pub for a drink and a laugh.
Naked women are for the Spearmint Rhinos and the like.As for this carry on in a family pub...it's a definite no for me.
I must confess though...Burlesque would be a draw card for me.
Old May 7th 2011, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukecadet
To be honest with you I've only ever seen this once and that was in a pub in Perth 20 years ago.My initial reaction was WTF's all this about!
I don't like it.I think it's demeaning to women and sad that it's probably part of their job description.
I know some blokes can be lecherous but to see a pub full of them was very distasteful to me.I would have liked to round them all up and throw them in the "dirty bastards" prison...If there had been one.
It's not my kind of thing and never really has been.
I go in a pub for a drink and a laugh.
Naked women are for the Spearmint Rhinos and the like.As for this carry on in a family pub...it's a definite no for me.
True and well said

Last edited by IndieG; May 7th 2011 at 11:31 pm.
Old May 7th 2011, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely NOT in a family pub. Save it for the strip joints and young blokes type of thing.

Too darn cold in Sydney atm for wearing anything less than a fleece.
Old May 8th 2011, 2:44 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

I think the use of blatant sexuality isn’t particularly effective anyway.

Seen one boob or bum, you have seen em all…

I used to frequent an infamous bar in Jakarta called Bugils, sadly now long gone.

Bugil means naked in Bahasa, but also can mean a slang form of “bule gila” – crazy white person.

The owner hand-picked the bar staff not on looks, but on personality. The girls wore jeans and t shirts, nothing revealing or in any way sexy. And yet they could capture the heart and mind of every man in the bar, and hold it until they closed.

They would flutter and pout, tease and flirt, dance and jig around the bar. They instantly knew your name, who your friends were, what you drank, what football team you supported, where you came from and where you were going to. They were your friends.

I used to joke that if I could take them to Australia and open a bar I would make millions. If you were down they would lift you up, if you were up they would be up there with you.

You couldn’t date them, and if you touched one you were thrown out and banned for life. I never saw anyone treat the girls with any disrespect.

Bugils closed a few years ago, but I still think it is how to run a bar. Forget strippers, boobs and bums. Get personalities.
Old May 8th 2011, 4:15 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Interested to hear responses.
What is the name and address of this seedy establishment?

...you know, just so I can avoid it like
Old May 8th 2011, 5:05 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

No, you're not the only one who thinks it's distasteful Polly. I think it reinforces the old stereotype that pubs are for blokes while the little woman stays at home and cooks. I don't think there are too many women who want an eyeful of tit with their scotch and dry.

I gave a vote of "no" to family pubs... but on second thought, I'm not so sure there are too many "family" pubs around. A pub probably wouldn't be where I'd take my kids for an outing...
Old May 8th 2011, 6:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

Full Moon at Sandgate, Kedron Park Hotrel Wooloowin, Crown at Lutwyche, Edinburgh Castle at Kedron, Homestead at Boondall......that do you for starters
Old May 8th 2011, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

They'd better not...don't forget from the breastfeeding polls that 1/3 of Aussies find a glimpse of a breast offensive...
Old May 8th 2011, 6:49 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

The back street pub very close to our shopping centre is a 'tradie pub' that has 2 days a week that feature 'tittie girls'. Those 2 days the pub is packed. This has been the same for the 5 years we have been in the area. I see it as a business decision taken by the owner to attract as many people into the establishment. They obviously know their target demographic and cater accordingly just as other pubs aim at other themes (Irish/British Pubs, cocktail, young people).There are no pokies and everyone knows what kind of place it is. Pubs in Australia are already bland enough with little character and any effort to personalize even if it drives others away cant be all bad
Old May 8th 2011, 7:10 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

Yeh, right....ROFPMSL
Old May 8th 2011, 7:14 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
The back street pub very close to our shopping centre is a 'tradie pub' that has 2 days a week that feature 'tittie girls'. Those 2 days the pub is packed. This has been the same for the 5 years we have been in the area. I see it as a business decision taken by the owner to attract as many people into the establishment. They obviously know their target demographic and cater accordingly just as other pubs aim at other themes (Irish/British Pubs, cocktail, young people).There are no pokies and everyone knows what kind of place it is. Pubs in Australia are already bland enough with little character and any effort to personalize even if it drives others away cant be all bad
The Crown at Lutwyche was basically renamed "Finn McCools", complete with Irish decor and murals, but now have renovated and personally is extremely sterile now. I guess that both The Crown and Kedron Park realise that once the Airportlink/Northern Busway projects are complete, their current partons will leave and their old ones have been forced out by the projects and have left the area, and are trying to grab whatever business they can while the crews are still there.

Last edited by The Bloke; May 8th 2011 at 7:16 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.