Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Should "euthanasia" be legalized?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: Should "euthanasia" be legalized?
Yes
65.31%
No
24.49%
Undecided
10.20%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Should "euthanasia" be legalized?

Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough
Post Should "euthanasia" be legalized?

I would support the idea. As individuals, we are the owner of our own lives.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:51 am
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all
Default Re: Should "euthanasia" be legalized?

And why would you poll this on a Forum that primarily deals with moving overseas? Or has your move been that traumatic you feel you need to take your own life.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:54 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

In theory I agree but in practice I am not sure. 15 years ago next month I watched my Mother lose her battle with cancer at 49 years old. It was traumatic to watch. Nobody should have to go through what she went through with her family watching on waiting for the inevitable. However, could I as her next of kin gone along with a decision to end her own life even though it was going to end imminently. Tough call for me.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

the_gripmaster will become famous soon enoughthe_gripmaster will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MrJenkins
And why would you poll this on a Forum that primarily deals with moving overseas? Or has your move been that traumatic you feel you need to take your own life.
Forgive my ignorance milord, but there is a sub-forum called "Immigration, Visas & Citizenship."
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by northernbird
In theory I agree but in practice I am not sure. 15 years ago next month I watched my Mother lose her battle with cancer at 49 years old. It was traumatic to watch. Nobody should have to go through what she went through with her family watching on waiting for the inevitable. However, could I as her next of kin gone along with a decision to end her own life even though it was going to end imminently. Tough call for me.
Sorry to hear about your mother. I understand how difficult it is to take any decision like that when the time comes.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 3:05 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Having watched quite a few people young and old die in pain then im a YES
Old Sep 21st 2010, 4:18 am
Banned

MrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to allMrJenkins is a name known to all

Originally Posted by the_gripmaster
Forgive my ignorance milord, but there is a sub-forum called "Immigration, Visas & Citizenship."
This is true However a bit of a heavy subject for this forum in general, but hey ho everyone has a right to voice an opinion.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:14 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

It's not a decision that I would like to make (and hopefully wont) but I would go Yes. There are times when it may be necessary or desirable and I can't deny anyone the right to make that decision.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:52 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say yes - but its an area that needs very careful and thoughtful legislation.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:35 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

This is true However a bit of a heavy subject for this forum in general, but hey ho everyone has a right to voice an opinion.
Um, this is The Barbie which is for off-topic discussions. There have been hundreds of "heavy" subjects discussed here over the years. Not sure why you clicked on the thread if you don't like the subject matter.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

With proper regulation I think I would have to vote yes. It already happens so I think the fear of prosecution should be removed if certain conditions are met.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:41 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Because Senator Brown is supporting an action in Federal Parliament to allow the Territories to determine their own policy on euthanasia.

The Northern Territory used to allow euthanasia, and four people chose to use it before the law was overturned by a Private Members Bill in the first Howard Government. It was a rare occasion where a private members bill was supported to conclusion.

So, in answer to your question, it's a topic that is 'in the news' in Australia, and probably deserves debate - Unless Stephen Conroy has his way - Websites discussing euthanasia are on his hit list for the internet filter.

S
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:49 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Because Senator Brown is supporting an action in Federal Parliament to allow the Territories to determine their own policy on euthanasia.

The Northern Territory used to allow euthanasia, and four people chose to use it before the law was overturned by a Private Members Bill in the first Howard Government. It was a rare occasion where a private members bill was supported to conclusion.

So, in answer to your question, it's a topic that is 'in the news' in Australia, and probably deserves debate - Unless Stephen Conroy has his way - Websites discussing euthanasia are on his hit list for the internet filter.

S
I was def up for euthanasia the morning after that meet up with yer mob in Sydney in jan
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:19 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I was def up for euthanasia the morning after that meet up with yer mob in Sydney in jan

Welcome to my life EVERY Friday morning

S
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:42 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Welcome to my life EVERY Friday morning

S
You can keep it brother

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.