Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Shopping....eughhhhh!!

Wikiposts

Shopping....eughhhhh!!

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:41 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping....eughhhhh!!

And i hate TKMaxx grrrrrrrr all that rootin' around
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:27 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by memewest
My lovely husband informed me this morning that i need to get some new clothes!! Don't know where that came from! I didn't know whether to take that as an insult or not!!
Anyway, he then gave me his card, and said 'there you go, why don't you go shopping today and treat yourself...'
I gave it a full 5 mins before agreeing....would be nice to go clothes shopping.....NOT!!

How on earth can people enjoy clothes shopping??
I only spent 2 hrs in Exeter today and that was more than plenty for me....
Got lost in Debenhams, how daft is that??.....is HUGE!!
Can't abide all the fuss to do with having to try things on, then get a different size and go back and try them on again.....the stores are all so warm....i walk in a shop, stand there and have a glance and think, NOPE. Not for me....
Think i will stick to buying online...no parking, no other customers, don't have to take the kids, can sit and have a coffee whilst browsing without getting foot ache....

I can't possibly be the only female who can't stand clothes shopping, can I?
im the opposite i LOVE it i have so much clothes handbags shoes and im always looking for more, its my hobbie my addiction!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Loathe shopping, whatever it's for. But strangely find it easier here because I just prefer the size of shops and malls here. Put me in Milton Keynes/Brent Cross/Harliquin Centre etc and I would look around briefly, see the millions of zombies wandering around with screaming children, the sound echoing around the walls, walk out and drive home - what is the fascination of being overheated, irritable because you can't find your size or the size has changed because you're in a different shop etc etc. And as for shops like Debenhams, John Lewis Jeez I hate them. David Jones and Myers are the same here - the layout is total crap unless you are a label person.

If you want a truly bad shopping experience (apart from TKMaxx , Next etc) go to Luton Arndale Centre. Words escape me as to how dire and depressing that shit hole is and don't even start me on the car park And then they have the flaming nerve to charge you to park there - WTF is that all about??????