Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Shopping....eughhhhh!!

Wikiposts

Shopping....eughhhhh!!

Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: A Small Village in Somerset.......out in the sticks
memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light
Default Shopping....eughhhhh!!

My lovely husband informed me this morning that i need to get some new clothes!! Don't know where that came from! I didn't know whether to take that as an insult or not!!
Anyway, he then gave me his card, and said 'there you go, why don't you go shopping today and treat yourself...'
I gave it a full 5 mins before agreeing....would be nice to go clothes shopping.....NOT!!

How on earth can people enjoy clothes shopping??
I only spent 2 hrs in Exeter today and that was more than plenty for me....
Got lost in Debenhams, how daft is that??.....is HUGE!!
Can't abide all the fuss to do with having to try things on, then get a different size and go back and try them on again.....the stores are all so warm....i walk in a shop, stand there and have a glance and think, NOPE. Not for me....
Think i will stick to buying online...no parking, no other customers, don't have to take the kids, can sit and have a coffee whilst browsing without getting foot ache....

I can't possibly be the only female who can't stand clothes shopping, can I?
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:09 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping....eughhhhh!!

Nope, I can't stand it either! I thought I was the only girl on this planet who doesn't like shopping! I just can't understand how people can enjoy it. My Mum and my sister love it but that gene must have bypassed me.....

Although I must say that now I've lost a bit of weight, and can pick up size 10 clothes instead of squeezing into a size 16, it is slightly more pleasurable than it used to be. Still don't like it though.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

memewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of lightmemewest is a glorious beacon of light

Half the reason i needed clothes is that i have gone from an 18 to a 14, and although thats good, i get lost on what to buy.....

It's great to know that i'm not the only female who puts paid to

FEMALE + SHOPPING = HAPPY....

perhaps i need lessons in what to buy for my shape...
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 2:21 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Nope I don't like it either. Get too hot trying stuff on and looking at the same clothes in every shop. Would much rather shop online.

Sorry, meant to say well done to both on the weight loss, its not easy.

Last edited by nickywes; Apr 23rd 2008 at 2:22 am. Reason: added more
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:06 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Having spent mor than a few hours in Debs of Exeter, I totally sympathise with you....

However, until you have been to Lakeside or Bluewater, you ain't seen nothin' yet
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 3:30 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Having spent mor than a few hours in Debs of Exeter, I totally sympathise with you....

However, until you have been to Lakeside or Bluewater, you ain't seen nothin' yet
Add Watford to that one, a nightmare.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

I was ok in the old debenhams, now they have a newfangled one and haven't got a clue!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:31 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memewest
I was ok in the old debenhams, now they have a newfangled one and haven't got a clue!!
Oh! Yes of course! The new shopping centre is open now! They were just finishing when we left last summer! Still a fraction of the size of Bluewater though. I'd stick to Gandy Street if I were you, or Totnes High Street at a push
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh! Yes of course! The new shopping centre is open now! They were just finishing when we left last summer! Still a fraction of the size of Bluewater though. I'd stick to Gandy Street if I were you, or Totnes High Street at a push
It does all look very nice!!!
I don't get to Exeter very often, (we went at christmas, Ice Skating outside the courts,) and always remember why when i do go....I like having a nose and if I see something then i'll grab it, but not to go shopping with a purpose like i did today!!
Thank Gawd the teachers are striking tomorrow and not today!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

weez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really niceweez75 is just really nice

I'm a shopping hater too
i hate girlie clothes and cuz i have loooooooong legs i find it hard to get anything to fit and look good , i usually end up in blokes combats
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:06 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not a lover of clothes shopping either, and i HATE shopping for shoes even more. Infact i must be the only woman who's hubby has more clothes and shoes than his wife. (if that makes sense)
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:48 am
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

I'm with you guys, if I HAVE to go shopping ( usually cos hints are being dropped by fashion conscious OH that its about time ) and I have to go to the changing room, I want to go once ONLY.
So when I walk up with 8 items, 4 thing in 2 sizes, (cos 80% of all "girl" clothes look hideous once they are on) and the girl wont let me in with them all at once, or stand outside and hold them for me, I usually just dump the pile of clothes on her and walk out congratulating myself on having saved a load of money.
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CynOpt
I'm with you guys, if I HAVE to go shopping ( usually cos hints are being dropped by fashion conscious OH that its about time ) and I have to go to the changing room, I want to go once ONLY.
So when I walk up with 8 items, 4 thing in 2 sizes, (cos 80% of all "girl" clothes look hideous once they are on) and the girl wont let me in with them all at once, or stand outside and hold them for me, I usually just dump the pile of clothes on her and walk out congratulating myself on having saved a load of money.
Nice One........May have to try that sometime!!
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

My lovely husband informed me this morning that i need to get some new clothes!! Don't know where that came from! I didn't know whether to take that as an insult or not!!
Anyway, he then gave me his card, and said 'there you go, why don't you go shopping today and treat yourself...'
I gave it a full 5 mins before agreeing....would be nice to go clothes shopping.....NOT!!
Sounds like a dream to me Not only do I love shopping, miss shopping like hell ( you understand that after seeing OZ clothes and stores ) but I want a husband who hands out his 'card', sounds very 1920's, instead of working you lie on the chaise lounge and get money to shop.

Where do I sign up
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 11:39 am
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

How on earth can people enjoy clothes shopping??
I only spent 2 hrs in Exeter today and that was more than plenty for me....
Got lost in Debenhams, how daft is that??.....is HUGE!!
Can't abide all the fuss to do with having to try things on, then get a different size and go back and try them on again.....the stores are all so warm....i walk in a shop, stand there and have a glance and think, NOPE. Not for me....
Think i will stick to buying online...no parking, no other customers, don't have to take the kids, can sit and have a coffee whilst browsing without getting foot ache....

I can't possibly be the only female who can't stand clothes shopping, can I?
I HATE clothes shoppin' too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.