Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Shop bag search policy

Wikiposts

Shop bag search policy

Old Aug 24th 2007, 10:52 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shop bag search policy

Don't they tag goods over there then?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
Don't they tag goods over there then?
No mate, this is the colonies. We're too busy with our G&Ts at sundown to worry about that sort of nonsense.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Have to admit, it does make me feel uncomfortable - even though I have nothing to hide ! lol Most of the assistants don't even look properly anyway, just a quick glance, & they're only doing their job I suppose.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charb
Have to admit, it does make me feel uncomfortable - even though I have nothing to hide ! lol Most of the assistants don't even look properly anyway, just a quick glance, & they're only doing their job I suppose.
Never known any assistant to take it even a bit seriously. Infact, if i was a shoplifter, I would be practically tipping my bag out on the floor and coming back in for more checks - ''look I forgot to turn my pockets out'' etc.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:20 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont give a shite to be honest,,they r only doin their jobs......its shoplifters who make the price of stuff go up....i got nothin to hide so why worry
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:27 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh they are wise to that one too. Search the forum and you will find the story of when I was asked to remove the jacket I was wearing whilst shivering with flu as they believed I was concealing stolen goods.......

PMSL sorry Polly, it must have been awful, but it did make me really laugh. Still laughing now.....
J x
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh they are wise to that one too. Search the forum and you will find the story of when I was asked to remove the jacket I was wearing whilst shivering with flu as they believed I was concealing stolen goods.......
I hope you sneezed, coughed and snotted all over them!
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Dried Graze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by biggy
i dont give a shite to be honest,,they r only doin their jobs......its shoplifters who make the price of stuff go up....i got nothin to hide so why worry
Quite true but my point is, I suppose, where does it stop? I have nothing to hide but eventually we will have no freedom if everywhere we turn we are monitored and our privacy invaded. When, if at all, do we say enoughs enough!

Again, I have nothing to hide but my rental agent wants to take photos of our accommodation to show the landlord. I don't have a problem with the landlord coming around to inspect the property whenever he likes but there's just something about them taking photos of our private space that worries me. It's another example of our privacy being invaded and where we have rights, I believe we need to defend them before we wake up one morning and find ourselves in an Orwellian nightmare.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 12:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dried Graze
Quite true but my point is, I suppose, where does it stop? I have nothing to hide but eventually we will have no freedom if everywhere we turn we are monitored and our privacy invaded. When, if at all, do we say enoughs enough!

Again, I have nothing to hide but my rental agent wants to take photos of our accommodation to show the landlord. I don't have a problem with the landlord coming around to inspect the property whenever he likes but there's just something about them taking photos of our private space that worries me. It's another example of our privacy being invaded and where we have rights, I believe we need to defend them before we wake up one morning and find ourselves in an Orwellian nightmare.
The end is Nigh!!! I have seen it with my own eyes.
Old Aug 25th 2007, 3:17 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pomster
I was not impressed when pushing the stroller with my daughter crying for food and was asked to open the nappy bag (which is like an A4 folder)...they insisted that I open it. So I opened to display the used nappy concealed therein.
Wonder if they are still asking for nappy bags to be opened?

Strange bit was that they did not look at the bugling bags in the understroller tray, where I could have placed half the shop stock....
Ive seen them ask mothers to move sleeping children from the prams so they can check them, if they ask me to do that i will tell them to go to hell there is no way i would move my child its way over the top!!:curse: