Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Old Feb 10th 2014, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Ok I looked high and low (without using the search function) for a thread on this bogan. Nothing though I'm sure someone will post a link.

Now moving on from this Brisvegas trash, I accidentally slipped with the remote and ended up on Channel 9. They had some Chappell special on. So I set the stopwatch.

3 minutes of trash, 4 minutes of commercials. The cycle went on. I was so entertained by this cycle of feral TV and commercials I stuck it out for 12 minutes of crap and 16 minutes of commercials

Seriously does anyone put themselves through that? Does anyone actually watch channel 9 (with the exception of the cricket)?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 10:46 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shappelle Corby and Channel 9

Three things to bear in mind.

First, Seven and Nine are fighting it out for top of the FTA pile

Second, the usual, average IQ for a country is expected to be 100. Australia only scores 98 on average - and by definition half the country is dumber than that.

Third, abbott was elected, rather than jailed.

I trust this explain why a 'human interest' story on a bogan drug smuggler is more worthy of a special than, say, the end of all car manufacturing in Australia and what strategically should be done about it.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 11:12 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

A bogan smuggler who will get rich from the indirect proceeds of crime. How sad would you have to be to watch her being interviewed.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 11:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I guess people do watch that kind of thing or they wouldn't make it. Look, I like all things music but even I can't be bothered by the INXS thing on some other channel.

The phrase 'great new Aussie drama' is all I need to know to avoid it.

Hey, but I'm watching the Olympics right now and trying to care about sports I normally couldn't give a monkeys about ... Is this any better? Whatever 'better' is ...

It's all just passing time and winding down innit? As long as we don't take any of it seriously ...

Am I any fundamentally happier than yer typically observed 'queensland bogan'? Who knows ... All depends on perspective probably.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 11:31 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

While the bogan masses are tuned in to their latest convict hero I suppose everyone has (conveniently) forgotten about the woman and her young daughter who were poisoned in Bali recently.

I suppose we have to accept that a man charged with murdering a little boy is relegated to "later" in the bulletin because of the new convict hero.

And I suppose the fact that car manufacturing in Australia has bitten the dust is far less interesting than convicts in boganville.

Honestly, it makes me sick.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 12:51 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
While the bogan masses are tuned in to their latest convict hero I suppose everyone has (conveniently) forgotten about the woman and her young daughter who were poisoned in Bali recently.

I suppose we have to accept that a man charged with murdering a little boy is relegated to "later" in the bulletin because of the new convict hero.

And I suppose the fact that car manufacturing in Australia has bitten the dust is far less interesting than convicts in boganville.

Honestly, it makes me sick.
Stopped for something to eat on the way home from uni and watched the Sky News headlines - Corby was the the 3rd story after Toyota and Vic bushfires

Hope this helps
Old Feb 10th 2014, 12:53 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I guess people do watch that kind of thing or they wouldn't make it. Look, I like all things music but even I can't be bothered by the INXS thing on some other channel.
Big fan of INXS - then and now - but could not bring myself to watch this. It would have meant watching Bogan TV - which I now avoid like the plague
Old Feb 10th 2014, 1:07 pm
Proudly Deplorable

The western media is obsessed with attractive (well, at least not ugly), young white women - especially when there is crime involved. It sells papers and airtime - Gittany, Knox, Pistorious, Corby
Old Feb 10th 2014, 1:08 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

You think you lot have problems,big story here in blighty is a baby giraffe getting bolted in Denmark,WTF !!!!
Old Feb 10th 2014, 1:16 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The western media is obsessed with attractive (well, at least not ugly), young white women - especially when there is crime involved. It sells papers and airtime - Gittany, Knox, Pistorious, Corby
Now there's a bunch for Medusa...

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You think you lot have problems,big story here in blighty is a baby giraffe getting bolted in Denmark,WTF !!!!
Actually, I saw the baby giraffe story and thought it was pretty awful. That and a story about culling baby lions. I don't understand why they couldn't have found them homes.

I know, the death of an animal isn't going to change the world but the world changes when people accept wrong doing.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 1:22 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Now there's a bunch for Medusa...

Actually, I saw the baby giraffe story and thought it was pretty awful. That and a story about culling baby lions. I don't understand why they couldn't have found them homes.

I know, the death of an animal isn't going to change the world but the world changes when people accept wrong doing.
Don't get me wrong,i like animals,but there are children being murdered in the middle east on a daily basis and people are getting irked about a giraffe
Old Feb 10th 2014, 2:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Don't get me wrong,i like animals,but there are children being murdered in the middle east on a daily basis and people are getting irked about a giraffe
That's why the whole Corby thing is annoying me. You aren't seeing the whole thing over there, obviously, but here she is headline news, on every channel, in every paper, people are discussing the case on every media website....its insane.
even the giraffe has more right to media attention, in my little humble opinion......

But then you consider the poor kids in places like Syria, and the youngsters setting fire to themselves to try and help their beloved Tibet, and you wonder, WTF are people even giving this drug dealer space in the their thoughts?
Old Feb 10th 2014, 2:04 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

It is pretty awful but there is more the story. Zoos cull animals all the time, usually we never hear about them. The problem with lions is they are extremely common in captivity and hard to move to alternative establishments. The situation with the giraffe was unfortunate and I dont think it was handled at all well by the zoo.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 2:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Ok I looked high and low (without using the search function) for a thread on this bogan. Nothing though I'm sure someone will post a link.

Now moving on from this Brisvegas trash, I accidentally slipped with the remote and ended up on Channel 9. They had some Chappell special on. So I set the stopwatch.

3 minutes of trash, 4 minutes of commercials. The cycle went on. I was so entertained by this cycle of feral TV and commercials I stuck it out for 12 minutes of crap and 16 minutes of commercials

Seriously does anyone put themselves through that? Does anyone actually watch channel 9 (with the exception of the cricket)?
Nope, no threads about Schapelle Corby.

Except yours.
Old Feb 10th 2014, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Tim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant futureTim65 has a brilliant future

Was listening to radio on way home from work last night and they were talking about this drug mule , I thought then there must be more important and bigger news than this , then Ben Fordham said exactly same thing he then went onto the real stories and started a appeal to help our farmers who are committing suicide due to the drought they were trying to raise $50k to get straw up to north NSW to help out, it was raised within a hour some truly remarkable donations this is the real news, will this be in the papers or on tv I doubt it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.