Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:38 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Current outlook is heavy rain,possible flash flooding, plus high winds along the Sunshine Coast and parts of Darling Downs, Granite Belt etc (so that could include you Jen). - should ease this evening
WOOHOO COOL!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:38 am
Just Joined

perilous is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

Hi everyone! I'm new to BritishExpats and just wanted to dip an oar in here (might be literally soon!) My daughter down Coomera way says the causeway is likely to go under again, though the boys got through to work this morning. I was down there two weeks ago and it was sad to see the destruction from the last flood. So many animals lost their lives too. I hope everyone down there is ok at the moment - please take care!
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 1:16 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

For all you bogans from Logan some road information is available here ... I wouldn't expect it to be updated often but it may be useful ...

http://www.logan.qld.gov.au/LCC/resi...toflooding.htm

Also here is useful, but very, very slow sometimes:
http://131940.qld.gov.au/Home.aspx
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Im in Hervey Bay and it hasnt stopped raining since last night.
Had enough, if can stop now.
Angela
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

The old Queenslander is swelling up, bathroom door won't close any more and the window won't open.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 3:39 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Tipping down again ... found a traffic conditions RSS feed which is quicker than the web-site ...
http://131940.qld.gov.au/DMR.Modules...cause=Incident
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Oh great, more bleeding rain and gale force winds..... great. I work in the marina and one of our boats broke its mooring last night........ half a boat now and no insurance!!!!!

Angela
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:23 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gmralston
The old Queenslander is swelling up, bathroom door won't close any more and the window won't open.
Reminds me of the bloke who bought a wooden car, it had wooden seats, wheels, a wooden gearbox, wooden steering wheel and a wooden engine.

It wooden go.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 8:26 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Still pretty rough here in TW!
All settled here now dry again just need the house to shrink back to size.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:01 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Still very windy here in TW but very little rain, and I can actually see the blue of the sky again! Was starting to think I'd been teleported back to NI in my sleep lol
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:02 pm
Mostly Harmless

Still very windy here in TW but very little rain, and I can actually see the blue of the sky again! Was starting to think I'd been teleported back to NI in my sleep lol
Enjoy, showers increasing for the weekend ...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:19 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Enjoy, showers increasing for the weekend ...
Couldn't be any worse than it has been this past few days, COULD IT?!
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 10:54 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Still very windy here in TW
TW ! I like that.

Only been through Toowoomba once, it looks like quite a cool place. Always wanted to go and check out the flower show...
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 11:00 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by asprilla
TW ! I like that.

Only been through Toowoomba once, it looks like quite a cool place. Always wanted to go and check out the flower show...
Yeah it's a decent enough wee spot, could be worse, we could've been posted to Darwin first, now THAT would've been a nightmare!