Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
for Flash Flooding and Damaging Winds
For people in the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast, Channel Country, Maranoa and Warrego, southern Central West, southern Central Highlands and Coalfields, Darling Downs and Granite Belt forecast districts
Synoptic Situation:
At 4pm, a trough extended across southern Queensland from a deep monsoonal low
situated west of Windorah. A secondary low is also expected to develop along
this trough near the Fraser Coast during Tuesday.
Areas of heavy rain are forecast to develop and cause localised flash flooding
in parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast districts tonight and during Tuesday.

Damaging wind gusts to 100 km/hr are also forecast to develop about coastal and island communities between Noosa Heads and Sandy Cape during uesday.

http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/qld/
Attached Thumbnails Severe Weather Warning - Queensland-idr662.gif  
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Severe Weather Warning - Queensland

Sounds likes QLDs having a rough time of it lately.

Hope you're all ok.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:17 am
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

We're fine up here thanks.
Daughters Nipper carnival was cancelled yesterday though with the Tsunami warning though.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
For people in the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast, Channel Country, Maranoa and Warrego, southern Central West, southern Central Highlands and Coalfields, Darling Downs and Granite Belt forecast districts
Synoptic Situation:
in parts of the Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast districts tonight and during Tuesday.

Damaging wind gusts to 100 km/hr are also forecast to develop about coastal and island communities between Noosa Heads and Sandy Cape during uesday.

One day Pollyana you will post "QLD, Beautiful one day. Perfect the next."

WW
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:58 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

WW
Nah, that's the norm, doesn't need reporting
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:43 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat

WW
Not a freakin' chance mate!!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Hey Polly

I have my life jacket on and ready for bed. But I thought I would ask a lady of your experience how will I keep my beer from floating away?? Dont think I will be able to sleep knowing it might not be there in the morning for breakfast

Ps Thanks for the warnings and keep up the good work!

Paddy
Old Mar 1st 2010, 12:55 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey Polly

I have my life jacket on and ready for bed. But I thought I would ask a lady of your experience how will I keep my beer from floating away?? Dont think I will be able to sleep knowing it might not be there in the morning for breakfast

Ps Thanks for the warnings and keep up the good work!

Paddy
1)Tie the fridge to a substantial part of the house, then if it floats away the house goes with it?
2)Stay up overnight and drink it?
3)Tell me where you are and I'll come round and help you drink it?
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

1)Tie the fridge to a substantial part of the house, then if it floats away the house goes with it?
2)Stay up overnight and drink it?
3)Tell me where you are and I'll come round and help you drink it?
I am trying to drink as much as I can and at this rate I might float by your front door and will yell for help

Paddy
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:21 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
I am trying to drink as much as I can and at this rate I might float by your front door and will yell for help

Paddy
I'll keep an eye out for you, but if you float past my door we are all in serious trouble as it one of the highest points in Brisbane
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:37 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

That's hectic rain out there lol I was gobsmacked when we were watching the weather last nite and it said Toowoomba had the lowest rainfall in the region lol When's this set to pass? I've an interview @ a local private school this morning and am dreading rocking up like a drowned rat lol
Old Mar 1st 2010, 9:58 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

ABC are saying the worst has passed for Brisbane but will believe that tomorrow me thinks.

SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
Synoptic Situation:

Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
ABC are saying the worst has passed for Brisbane but will believe that tomorrow me thinks.
Still pretty rough here in TW!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 10:56 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

A few road closures around our way but not enough to stop me getting into work

Might be enough to stop me getting home though.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 11:00 pm
Home and Happy

Current outlook is heavy rain,possible flash flooding, plus high winds along the Sunshine Coast and parts of Darling Downs, Granite Belt etc (so that could include you Jen). - should ease this evening

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.