British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Selling property in Victoria. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/selling-property-victoria-873383/)

jad n rich Feb 27th 2016 4:44 am

Selling property in Victoria.

Will be selling one block of land ( inner city ) and one renovated house ( 30 mins commute from city ) .

What commission and expenses have people negotiated?. Sold many many times in QLD, but before deregulation of commission. They would try it on for several thousand of advertising etc on top of course.

Know the forum is quiet these days but any experience would be appreciated.

Kiwikaye Feb 27th 2016 5:19 am

Re: Selling property in Victoria.

Last time we sold a house in Melbourne was 2009 by auction and I think our commission was around 2.5% plus marketing. If you don't want a big campaign you should be able to get it cheaper than that.

Buzzy--Bee Mar 1st 2016 3:23 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 11880810)
Will be selling one block of land ( inner city ) and one renovated house ( 30 mins commute from city ) .

What commission and expenses have people negotiated?. Sold many many times in QLD, but before deregulation of commission. They would try it on for several thousand of advertising etc on top of course.

Know the forum is quiet these days but any experience would be appreciated.

There are some agents that will sell for a fixed price so if you are selling a higher-valued property then that may be beneficial.

Which suburb is the land in?

BB

Pomster Mar 1st 2016 4:44 am

you can often negotiate a lower rate if you bargain hard. Our last property was sold at 2pct incl GST but they do charge for advertising mostly- depending on what campaign you want.

We got a good deal because the agent rocked up in a Ferrari- if he could afford that he could reduce his commission

jad n rich Mar 5th 2016 6:59 am

Originally Posted by Pomster (Post 11883068)
you can often negotiate a lower rate if you bargain hard. Our last property was sold at 2pct incl GST but they do charge for advertising mostly- depending on what campaign you want.

We got a good deal because the agent rocked up in a Ferrari- if he could afford that he could reduce his commission

Yes getting all from 2.5 to 3.5%. And like QLD they want a stack for advertising.

All so annoying especially with the land you know bloody well, they will just send people out unaccompanied to view it.

BB asked for the area, send me a PM and when we list it will send them a link.

Pomster Mar 5th 2016 9:18 am

I missed that you were selling land in inner city.
Get a valuation (free) and then sell it yourself. There are always heaps of people wanting to buy land for development. In my area (inner west) land is like hen's teeth, and people often ask on FB if anyone knows of land for sale.

jad n rich Mar 5th 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Pomster (Post 11886873)
I missed that you were selling land in inner city.
Get a valuation (free) and then sell it yourself. There are always heaps of people wanting to buy land for development. In my area (inner west) land is like hen's teeth, and people often ask on FB if anyone knows of land for sale.

Yes before I get people too excited its one of the inner melbourne suburbs. Bought it quite a few years back.

Oh my if it was in the CBD :lol:

Pomster Mar 6th 2016 11:17 am

Originally Posted by jad n rich (Post 11886895)
Yes before I get people too excited its one of the inner melbourne suburbs. Bought it quite a few years back.

Oh my if it was in the CBD :lol:

Inner burbs are where people want to be- outside CBD but still easily and quickly commutable. It should be a piece of cake to sell it yourself.