Selling House in UK

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

rjhopwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Selling House in UK

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Well I sold, but I still go on there, so maybe if you start a 'I sold my house thread I can sabotage that and fill it with naughties too
1st Post here. We're hoping to move to Brisbane, but only lodged application last month, so time still on our side, although not if you read the press!

Thinking of trying to part-ex to downsize then we could take some cash out and rent the smaller property out to a ftb.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry - Should have clicked 'New Reply' 1st time!
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with it rjhopwood
Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gonnago
Good luck with it rjhopwood
Cheers
Old Apr 14th 2008, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Brockies
Whe you say here do you mean Wales and in the same situation or do you mean GC and just letting it sell??

We cant leave our property sitting we need to sell before we go its just a waiting game now... no viewers yesterday

We are on The Gold Coast but our house is on the market in Wales...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

Yep Im here to We put our property on market 2 weeks ago and no viewers, gunna drop it 20K next week cos I need a life in oz
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Brockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant futureBrockies has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yanchep
Yep Im here to We put our property on market 2 weeks ago and no viewers, gunna drop it 20K next week cos I need a life in oz
Well be going down the same route in a few weeks I just hope that people just come out to have a look
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Here is the email from our agent yesterday -

As you may or may not be aware the housing market has taken a massive "hit" at the moment with press and tv stating we are hitting a housing slump. As this is not the best news for anybody to receive may i on a positive note say that we are still selling properties from first time buyers stock to the more expensive end of the market.

As i am currently speaking to all vendors (one way or another) i am making each of them aware that even though offers are coming in they are sometimes as low as £20k below the current asking price as fore warned you are fore armed, if this should happen to yourself.

Our house has been on the market since last August & we've had one viewer.
We went with the asking price suggested by the agents but began to think it was obviously over priced as there was no interest. We've knocked 15k off, still nothing, then another 10k off, still nothing, we knocked another 10k off 3 weeks ago &, you guessed it , nothing

20k below asking price? We've already knocked 35k off!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:15 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Oh dear - I am literally just about to call the estate agent to put ours on and I am a bit worried now.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:35 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Its not that easy!! Cant even get any viewers in there is a few houses on the market round about to and they havent had anyone either. Is everyone in hiding
Quote from the movie "House sale of dreams"

- "If you drop it, they will come".

Last edited by @boy; Apr 17th 2008 at 3:52 pm.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:53 pm

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG we are stuck in a rut hoping that the house sells soon!! We just want to get to Australia to start our new life but the housing market is so c&@p at the moment is anyone else in the same situation???
Know thy neighbours price....It will help you to price accordingly.

Seriously, maybe this is of some help with your Rosewell sale :
http://www.ourproperty.co.uk/stats/m.../rosewell.html
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

we ummed and aaarrrd over selling house and wished we hadn't , mkt fell and so now we are going to rent it out.luckily we got a good interst rate last october for 4 yrs so thats helped us with the buy to let mortgage. we spoke to our mortgage company chappie he said interest rates not very good and so people unable to get mortgages and so better to rent for maybe 2 ys to give mkt time to recover. we were gutted but thats what we going to do. we go to oz next month may 18th (otherwise we would never get there).

Diane

Good luck to everyone
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:46 pm
I'm on a Highway to Hell

Kris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to allKris_Rocks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rjhopwood
1st Post here. We're hoping to move to Brisbane, but only lodged application last month, so time still on our side, although not if you read the press!

Thinking of trying to part-ex to downsize then we could take some cash out and rent the smaller property out to a ftb.
A cunning plan - I am going to go and check out a new development down the road tomorrow now and see if we can maybe partex on one of their flats, it would also mean that we wouldnt have to rent for a couple of months before we get our act totally together to leave.
Why didnt I think of that - Doh!
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

leigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud ofleigh&ivan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by @boy
Quote from the movie "House sale of dreams"

- "If you drop it, they will come".
Not in our case
Old Apr 20th 2008, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kris_Rocks
A cunning plan - I am going to go and check out a new development down the road tomorrow now and see if we can maybe partex on one of their flats, it would also mean that we wouldnt have to rent for a couple of months before we get our act totally together to leave.
Why didnt I think of that - Doh!
That's a good idea, although I'm in Manchester, so not too sure about flats here.

My agent has been rubbish getting back to me after I suggested part-ex to them. You'd think they'd want the 2 fees in a bad market!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.