Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Seen my first wild snake

Wikiposts

Seen my first wild snake

Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of
Default Seen my first wild snake

Driving up the road to the local shop this evening and saw a baby snake slithering across the road. Wonder how many others there are in the neighbourhood.

Watch out all fellow hillbillies above Perth.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:37 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seen my first wild snake

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Driving up the road to the local shop this evening and saw a baby snake slithering across the road. Wonder how many others there are in the neighbourhood.

I had one by my side door when i came home from work, about 5 inches in length and brown in colour!

First one i've since since arriving a year ago!!

Mind you, we had our first Huntsman a couple of weeks ago too!!

must be the weather or something!
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

He was probaly just one of an extended family.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sam
I had one by my side door when i came home from work, about 5 inches in length and brown in colour!

First one i've since since arriving a year ago!!

Mind you, we had our first Huntsman a couple of weeks ago too!!

must be the weather or something!
We had a very lively Huntsman running around on the underside of the patio covering a few weeks ago then we had one in the lounge on the roof beams. He came back a couple of days ago when the wife was busy spraying polish around the place ready for the first rental inspection - the spider was dead on the carpet the next morning so my advice is - if you see a Huntsman in the house, get the polish out
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

We had a very lively Huntsman running around on the underside of the patio covering a few weeks ago then we had one in the lounge on the roof beams. He came back a couple of days ago when the wife was busy spraying polish around the place ready for the first rental inspection - the spider was dead on the carpet the next morning so my advice is - if you see a Huntsman in the house, get the polish out
Maybe he just died from the shock of seeing the place being cleaned
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
Saw two on Welshpool road on the way back last week, not seen any yet in the garden but we have lots of Bobtail lizards which are supposed to discourage snakes, probelm is ithey are not great swimmers and i have to keep fishing them dead out of the pool so there numbers might be declining. Only seen one Huntsman, plenty of small flat spiders and one redback in the post box (still blindly put my hand in there each evening to fish out the junk mail!)
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

smee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to allsmee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
Saw two on Welshpool road on the way back last week, not seen any yet in the garden but we have lots of Bobtail lizards which are supposed to discourage snakes, probelm is ithey are not great swimmers and i have to keep fishing them dead out of the pool so there numbers might be declining. Only seen one Huntsman, plenty of small flat spiders and one redback in the post box (still blindly put my hand in there each evening to fish out the junk mail!)
I have the same problem with bobtails in my pool, perhaps it's because they have such short legs is why they can't swim. lol
Old Oct 25th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smee
I have the same problem with bobtails in my pool, perhaps it's because they have such short legs is why they can't swim. lol
The armour plating and short stumpy tail don't help either. Such a shame 'cause they are nice things to see around.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
Thankfully we've seen a couple of Bobtails in the garden but none in the pool yet, would have to fight their way past the local ducks to get to the pool
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:13 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

oh come on you woosies,its only nature....they wont hurt you
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
Just had a huntsman in the garage, our 11 year old just yelled Jesus Christ, and our youngest said "Where". He caught up eventually.
just opened the door, (by the remote ,standing about 3 yards away, not that Im scared or anything) and it ran out.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aston man
Not worried about the Bobtails, just saying that we get our fair share of different wildlife up here
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:00 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i am i terrified of em
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Did ya squish it?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 12:10 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smee
perhaps i should check the pool then

i'm hoping that the cover will keep them out somewhat

oh and we get bobtails round here too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.