Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

See, the Brits aren't the biggest whingers.

Wikiposts

See, the Brits aren't the biggest whingers.

Old May 6th 2010, 11:41 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default See, the Brits aren't the biggest whingers.

Proof, apparently, if it were needed that we're not the worst in the world
Old May 6th 2010, 11:47 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: See, the Brits aren't the biggest whingers.

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Proof, apparently, if it were needed that we're not the worst in the world

Barmaid in the local pub just commented that a bunch of Americans were the worst whingers she'd ever heard cos they were so loud. Don't know what she served them, but they left soon afterwards
Old May 7th 2010, 12:08 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember going to a pizza place in London a while back (several years)... some American was getting the poor girl to move all the chairs, the table that he had booked etc... he was a big pain in the arse... (and he didnt help her! he stood there with his arms crossed as this tiny little 12 year old.. ok, she was probably about 18 lugged chairs into different places etc etc)

My friend who I was with asked him in front of the whole restuarant if the doorway was in the right place?... should he move the window? Perhaps Big Ben should face in a different direction?

Apart from me hiding under our table laughing my head off, the bloke shut right up... after looking like he was going to deck my previously said friend... but the guy stopped acting like he was the big man...

God, how funny, haven't thought about that in a long while!

Em x
Old May 7th 2010, 12:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I remember going to a pizza place in London a while back (several years)... some American was getting the poor girl to move all the chairs, the table that he had booked etc... he was a big pain in the arse... (and he didnt help her! he stood there with his arms crossed as this tiny little 12 year old.. ok, she was probably about 18 lugged chairs into different places etc etc)

My friend who I was with asked him in front of the whole restuarant if the doorway was in the right place?... should he move the window? Perhaps Big Ben should face in a different direction?

Apart from me hiding under our table laughing my head off, the bloke shut right up... after looking like he was going to deck my previously said friend... but the guy stopped acting like he was the big man...

Em x
Bet the young girl was chuffed though. That's funny. He probably went back home complaining about the rudeness of the English
Old May 7th 2010, 1:51 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

How sad life is too short for moaning at people
Old May 7th 2010, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I was just thinking of some French people we encountered on holiday in Kenya before I saw the article was about the French!

We were at breakfast and the hoo harr that went on because these French people couldn't have brown bread for their toast, poor little waiter really got it in the ear! Relax people you are on holiday, in a different country - who cares bread is bread!

American's also tend to be a bit fussy as well but when you've done a fair bit of travelling you just accept, although I do have a wee moan about things here but then that's because I have to live with some things all the time not just for two weeks holiday!
Old May 7th 2010, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, had to be the French... That's why I moved to the other side of the world. Can't stand the moaning of my countrymen...
Although this bit is the same the world over methinks
While banks and other financial institutions cause a huge amount of anger among the French, 31 per cent of women said their husbands or boyfriends were the biggest cause of irritation.
Old May 7th 2010, 3:55 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems

Em x

Like wise an American complaining the establishment does not take American Express. Very funny watching someone who has been eating like a pig now sweating like a pig hoping his friends could bail him out.
Old May 7th 2010, 4:59 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by koalakim
Funny, I was just thinking of some French people we encountered on holiday in Kenya before I saw the article was about the French!

We were at breakfast and the hoo harr that went on because these French people couldn't have brown bread for their toast, poor little waiter really got it in the ear! Relax people you are on holiday, in a different country - who cares bread is bread!

American's also tend to be a bit fussy as well but when you've done a fair bit of travelling you just accept, although I do have a wee moan about things here but then that's because I have to live with some things all the time not just for two weeks holiday!
When we were backpacking Ko Phi Phi in 2008 we took the kids to breakfast at one of the local little places.. there was this 25ish year old guy (English) who didn't get 2 slices of toast with his scrambled egg... and he didn't get his teapot refilled with hot water for his green tea... He literally went ballastic at the (very lovely) Thai girls working there... ranting and raving about how he has spent 8 months travelling around Thailand and that he ALWAYS has 2 slices of toast with his scrambled eggs and that he has NEVER encountered any where in Thailand that only offers him one slice of toast! eek:

I said to my kids "hmmmm.. kids, when it comes to the very fact that the only thing you have to moan and shout about in life is the number of slices of toast in the morning, you KNOW that you have been holidaying too long. It is therefore time to pack up the backpack and go home to find a real problem". Yeah.. the guy wasn't very impressed as he was within earshot!

Em x