Reload this Page >

Second thoughts....reassurance needed

Wikiposts

Second thoughts....reassurance needed

Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:39 am
Just Joined

mac_addict is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second thoughts....reassurance needed

Ok, we are having second thoughts, is this the norm? Things that worry us are money and the education of our children, and ability for my daughter to carry on with her hobby of dancing, of which she is very talented. We are going on a 138 sponsored visa to Rockingham.
I will start with my daughter who will be 12 in February. She is in her first year of secondary school and loves it. She is top in nearly all her classes, and is seen as a key member in her year as a selective student that got into the school on a dance audition. She does out of school activates, and is a dancer at a reasonably well known dance school that often supplies students for the West End & TV, she lives and breathes her passion. Is there anything like this in the Rockingham or surrounding areas, I cant seem to find anything. Do we tear her away from all of this?
Next is my son. 16 and a half, doing A level Media Studies at 6 form and doing very well. Has got him self a well paid part time job that has allowed him to gain a new circle of friends since quitting competitive swimming, and has become very independent.
Now the money....We are moving on the strength of profit in the house, and we know there are more big bills to come, the main one being the shipping, about 5K from what we have read. We will have enough to buy a half decent place in Rockingham, looking in the $350,000 region. A big worry is that I have no job to go to in Rockingham, I work in digital pre press.
Our life in the UK is comfortable, were not rich, not poor, but we get buy, and were going to move because we loved our 2 and a half week visit a year ago, and are fed up with the way England going.
Are our feeling normal? Reality is kicking in, and what if it
all goes wrong, we will probably have to come back to a 1 room bedsit in the UK. My wife and I would really like to hear from people about how they felt at this point. We don't expect people to say go or stay, just fishing for other peoples emotions at this time.
Thanks in advance
a worried 40s couple.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second thoughts....reassurance needed

Not done this myself because my kids grew up in Aus and also not a Western Australian but just looking around at things. That amount of money looks like it will be 3 bed 1 bath type housing - have you looked at realestate.com.au? That gives you a good look at what is available. Also, looking at the properties for sale, a lot of them (and more than in other places I have looked at) they promote the downsizing, retirement aspect of the place. Now I dont know Rockingham at all - is it one of those retirement haven places??? (Actually, looking a bit further, the median age is 31 which is one of the younger places!) I guess you have to consider that it has a population of 90 000 which is about the size of Bath but with much further to drive to the next biggest place than you would have to do in UK.

In WA you are going to have a much smaller pond for the kids to paddle in!!! (People do say that WA is very parochial but I dont want to open any cans of worms and am not saying anything derogatory about it!!!!) Any major dance opportunities are likely to be restricted to Perth I would think - not likely that a WA kid would get gigs from the theatre scene in Sydney for example. If your son was still in swimming, he would be doing his swimming stuff in WA and having to career all over the country for national level meets which can be very expensive (having said that, DS had to go to WA for nationals one year!!!). However, I have no doubt that there will be dance opportunities and media courses at school locally - Aus does those sort of things pretty well. I believe that there are some top level dance courses in Perth for older kids - one of my colleagues has a daughter who went west to follow her ballet career.

Education is a matter of debate on these boards - pretty much constantly! But, WA churns out some very bright high flying people just like anywhere else in Aus even if we may think that the standard is not that which we would expect from UK (I've been away a long time so maybe have unrealistic expectations of what is available in UK these days!!!).

Generally,employment for young people is, at the moment, very good. If a kid is responsible and wants to be employed then they should have no trouble getting some sort of part time job.

I can understand your dilemma and have absolutely no idea what I would do in your shoes! I tend to think that if kids are going to make it, they are going to make it anywhere. They are going to miss their friends but if they are friendly kids then they will have the skills to make new friends. It wont be too long before they will want to be off doing their own thing anyway so you could be empty nesters in 6 years anyway. (One of mine has apparently emigrated back to UK - went for a gap year post uni 5 years ago and hasnt come back! - better career prospects would you believe!)
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:10 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Just asking why Rockingham? Have you ever been there ?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:37 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mac_addict
Ok, we are having second thoughts, is this the norm? Things that worry us are money and the education of our children, and ability for my daughter to carry on with her hobby of dancing, of which she is very talented. We are going on a 138 sponsored visa to Rockingham.
I will start with my daughter who will be 12 in February. She is in her first year of secondary school and loves it. She is top in nearly all her classes, and is seen as a key member in her year as a selective student that got into the school on a dance audition. She does out of school activates, and is a dancer at a reasonably well known dance school that often supplies students for the West End & TV, she lives and breathes her passion. Is there anything like this in the Rockingham or surrounding areas, I cant seem to find anything. Do we tear her away from all of this?
Next is my son. 16 and a half, doing A level Media Studies at 6 form and doing very well. Has got him self a well paid part time job that has allowed him to gain a new circle of friends since quitting competitive swimming, and has become very independent.
Now the money....We are moving on the strength of profit in the house, and we know there are more big bills to come, the main one being the shipping, about 5K from what we have read. We will have enough to buy a half decent place in Rockingham, looking in the $350,000 region. A big worry is that I have no job to go to in Rockingham, I work in digital pre press.
Our life in the UK is comfortable, were not rich, not poor, but we get buy, and were going to move because we loved our 2 and a half week visit a year ago, and are fed up with the way England going.
all goes wrong, we will probably have to come back to a 1 room bedsit in the UK. My wife and I would really like to hear from people about how they felt at this point. We don't expect people to say go or stay, just fishing for other peoples emotions at this time.
Thanks in advance
a worried 40s couple.
Difficult dilemma. I have seen lots of people with older kids struggle and IMO to stand any chance of your kids having anything similar to their lives in UK then you need to consider changing your destination. In your circumstances I think you need to be closer to Perth but then the house prices become an issue with your budget. Do a bit more research, I found http://www.jodymarshalldancecompany.com.au/home.html in Balcatta which is in the northern suburbs, sounds like it could be the kind of thing you are looking for. There are plenty of others around too. Curtin University have a Media Studies course so I would imagine High schools have some sort of course in Media studies to enable your son to persue this interest.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 8:54 pm
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

If you are having second thoughts why sever all links with the UK financially?
Have you thought about renting your house in the UK for 12 months and giving it a go in Oz? Then if it does not work out you still have something to go back to.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

lizzydripping will become famous soon enoughlizzydripping will become famous soon enough

Thanks in advance
a worried 40s couple.
Hi We are in a similar situation to yourselves. I have a brother who has been an Aus citizen for over 12 years now and that is why we had a holiday there
[over 3 years ago] We loved it, didn't want to come home. We then found in 2006 that I could apply for a 136 modl visa [requirements had changed] we went straight through the process thinking this would be great for us and as our kids had a 'window' in 2008 [son finishes GCSE's -16] and one finishes her A levels [18] but as the process took 10 months things started to change a little. I have thought more and more it would be better for our 16yr old to finish 6 form like his sister has done while he is settled and happy at school rather than move him over at such a crucial time.
Anyway we had until March 2008 to validate the visas so we went in oct/nov with the idea of getting our visas stamped, and looking around to find job prospects etc etc. The trip has cost us about £7.000 or so - money we could really of done with using in loads of other ways [we don't have much to play with once all bills paid etc - sold house and now in rented] Mixed feelings on this trip - looking at it from a different angle - can I live here ?- not a holiday really at all - made things rather different. I know the weather is great [we were looking at NSW north shores as my brother is in Sydney] though the high heat I know would be a prob. for me.
I found people no more polite/friendlier than in the UK - Last time I visited I had the strong impression of people saying hello, smiling, holding doors etc. which was one of my moans about the UK. Also found the supermarkets widely different - just coles and woolworths - like aldi, maybe morrisons at their best. Lots of things they don't have and no waitrose/m&s type shops. Clothes shops too - either designer type [expensive] or the other end [ok if you are 18+ as lots of shops] We found the ripcurl/beach type shops best for us [mid-forties] again, no m&s type shop found. Anyway, I though thats ok, we'd just manage and get used to different shops etc. found cost of living just as high in Aus - food etc stuff often more expensive.
Obviously, fuel cheaper, talking to my brother in more depth other utility bills the same roughly. Came back thinking if we went we would have to stay no matter what, as our kids at their age would probably not want to move back to the UK -and couldn't afford to make a move back either. Tax is high [40%] all in all, not a lot different from us here.
So what are we left with - basically a country that has a different outlook than the UK [or the government anyway] and that does make a difference. I thought there were lots of apprentice opportunites over there but this has suffered dramatically of late as employers are reluctant to take them on with the aggro they bring. Hopefully the government there will give them incentives as thats one of the big things about the UK thats not good - opportunities for the kids out of school. Also you need to be in a good,strong relationship. As a parent you will have to be there for the children and will depend on each other more than ever.
We still don't know what we want to do and I accept I am probably one of those people who will not be able to make up my mind - meanwhile our daughter is applying to unis here but wants to live in aus eventually as she still absolutely loved it [from her point of view and age so would I] and we are meeting with the school in Jan to look at our son doing a year at 6th form [not as academically gifted as our daughter and so can do Btecs, has a speech and language disorder which is another thing]
I think that as my brother said, you've still got to go out to work,earn a living pay bills,etc just like you do here. There is no huge change [unless you didn't have to work] - He was great, telling it straight, no frills.
The things to consider are the beaches, the ability to be outside so much, the sports for kids and adults, the government - isn't so pc at the cost of its citizens as we are, the fact it is such a young country. It feels like it has taken a lot of american things and quite a few british things and its an interesting mix. It felt fresher and more alive than here, if that makes any sense.
I have found since we've been back I have a secret desire to be in an english village/town where no houses are less than 50 years old, the streets are narrow and you can be part of the community if you want to, with pretty countryside around. The only downside is, its still in the uk with its problems and I don't think thats reached a head yet with so many people coming in. Think of your children - what opportunities are here for them compared to oz. think about when you become an oap [not that far off] where would you be better off? the climate too. Then you need to decide and work hard at not thinking about the other path you could of taken, the 'what if'
Let me know how you get on, I think lots of people on this site are younger and if I was in my thirties with children under 10 I would definitely go, once they begin to be adults you have a lot more to think about, plus we're older to start afresh. Best of luck.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:55 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
a worried 40s couple.
im afraid there is no answer but go with your gut feeling .I personally had no doubt at all when we left but as time has gone on and with the return of our eldest back to europe [belgium ] and our youngest leaving as soon as he has completed his apprenticeship my gut feeling now is we will return within 2 years with no regrets .Good luck and dont base your decision on the right thing for the kids as they will grow up and make their own way in the world .
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
If you are having second thoughts why sever all links with the UK financially?
Have you thought about renting your house in the UK for 12 months and giving it a go in Oz? Then if it does not work out you still have something to go back to.
We are going to rent out our house for a few years while we are in Australia mainly due to the slump in the property market and the less favourable exchange rates at the moment. I had a wobble about going a few months ago about moving but has now passed. Why not rent out your house and move to Australia and see how things go and take it from there.

Debbie
Old Dec 18th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like your kids are very happy and have plenty going for them where they are. Why are you wanting to move? If your life is good as it is, and the only reason you're considering Australia is because you liked it on holiday, then beware - moving will not be like on holiday, it is bound to disrupt the kids, it will be very stressful for the whole family. Lots of the criticisms that people have of the UK are also true in Australia, and don't be taken in by the 'outdoors' lifestyle - warmth is brilliant, but HOT is not, you jmay find yourself staying inside with the aircon!
I'm not meaning to make Australia sound terrible, it's not, I like it here - just don't expect it to be all fabulous and like being on holiday.
Is there a reason that you can't wait a few years and then move on your own giving the kids the option of staying in the UK or coming with you? (There might be reasons, I'm just asking. Not sure how easy it is to tag kids on to your application once they are over 18)
Old Dec 18th 2007, 9:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
a worried 40s couple.
I think you have answered your own question. You are settled in the UK. So are your children. Why go through all the upheavel of moving here?

Australia is not for everyone.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 10:47 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance
a worried 40s couple.
The facts - as presented by you:

1) Your kids are in their teens. Always the most difficult age to move 'em at because they're young adults with strong opinions, strong network of friends and, no doubt, an increasingly strong vision for what lies beyond school. Just do a search for 'teens' on this forum and you'll find countless threads from parents who've struggled with this. It's not a recipe for disaster - plenty do make the move and love it - but it's far harder than shifting primary age kids.

2) Your daughter has a talent and has an outlet for that talent with a possible 'in' to the TV and film industry. You're highly unlikely to find anything like that in Perth. Schools are always a 'crap shoot' - you never really know what they're like until your kids start there. I suspect you'd be looking at a private school, given your daughters talents.

3) Your son is of school-leaving age, is enjoying a high-level of independence thanks to a good job. He's obviously on the cusp of leaving home soon anyway and would, in all probability, hate having to start from scratch in a new country, with no mates. By moving him you'd be taking away the independence he's enjoying so much - he probably won't thank you for that.

4) You work in a very city-centric job - digital pre-press. Yes you'll find printers/print-shops in the larger towns, but the best jobs are always going to be 'metro' - which means a 50 minute commute (assuming free-flowing traffic) each way from Rockingham. You also have no idea if you'll be able to procure work in your field - surely a huge flaw in the plan. Job viability should be top of the list and have a far greater bearing on where you live than any other factors.

5) You're using your UK home's equity to buy here. House prices continue to soar - particularly in WA. To buy the 'right' house in the 'right' area, you'll probably find your equity will only stretch to a sizeable deposit, not an outright purchase. House prices in Rockingham certainly appear to be considerably more affordable than greater Perth, but many of the listings I just found on realestate.com.au say 'investment property' or 'time to get your hands dirty'. In other words, houses that cheap are doer-uppers or first-time buyers places - not ideal family homes for a couple in their 40s with a couple of teenage kids. Which means you'd probably have to get a mortgage too.

6) One of your main motives for leaving is a feeling of concern for the the way England is 'going'. One of the many glib and oft-used phrases on this forum is that you should move for the pull of the new, not the push of the old. I don't 100% buy that (since my feelings about England were a large factor in my decision - and I'm happy here) but many of things that annoy and frustrate about the UK are here too in all their glory. We have a centre-left government (just like the UK), we have mountains of red-tape (just like the UK), we have hugely unaffordable property (just like the UK). Plus we have our own problems such as an on-going ten year drought, bush fires etc.

7) You don't mention the wider family and your own friends network. Would you be happy leaving them behind, knowing that it's highly unlike you'd be able to afford to visit them more than once every five years or so? People often say they'll visit out here, but the reality is that the cost and time required to undertake such a visit means very few actually do.

8) Your lives are 'comfortable'. When I hear that phrase in posts like yours I immediately hear a second word - 'bored'. You're obviously at a crossroads - wondering if your lives have become too ordinary. Emigrating is certainly one way to shake things up, but it's not some super Band-Aid for your feelings. Moving to another country provides excitement in myriad unwelcome ways and the reality is that once you have the house, can find your way around the supermarket and settle into your job(s) - day to day life will be very similar. Yes, the sun shines more here. Yes, in the right area property is cheaper. Yes, you get the advantage of a one-time GBP to AUD equity transfer which can 'double' your money. But life's very similar the world over - kids go to school, carpets needs to be vacuumed, bills need to be paid, the rubbish needs to be taken out.

9) You enjoyed a two week holiday here. Things were new and interesting to you, you had cash in your pocket from the pound-to-dollar conversion rate. Above all - you were on holiday. Holiday trips, like holiday romances, don't often make for strong longterm bedfellows. I'm not saying that life here is like living in a Gulag, but you simply cannot base a move abroad based on what you got up to and how you felt whilst on holiday.

Obviously it's all up to you ... but my gut instinct would be for you to stay put.

Last edited by Hutch; Dec 18th 2007 at 11:16 am.
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

1) Your kids are in their teens. Always the most difficult age to move 'em at because they're young adults with strong opinions, strong network of friends and, no doubt, an increasingly strong vision for what lies beyond school. Just do a search for 'teens' on this forum and you'll find countless threads from parents who've struggled with this. It's not a recipe for disaster - plenty do make the move and love - but it's far harder than shifting primary age kids.

2) Your daughter has a talent and has an outlet for that talent with a possible 'in' to the TV and film industry. You're highly unlikely to find anything like that in Perth. Schools are always a 'crap shoot' - you never really know what they're like until your kids start there. I suspect you'd be looking at a private school, given your daughters talents.

3) Your son is of school-leaving age, is enjoying a high-level of independence thanks to a good job. He's obviously on the cusp of leaving home soon anyway and would, in all probability, hate having to start from scratch in a new country, with no mates. By moving him you'd be taking away the independence he's enjoying so much - he probably won't thank you for that.

4) You work in a very city-centric job - digital pre-press. Yes you'll find printers/print-shops in the larger towns, but the best jobs are always going to be 'metro' - which means a 50 minute commute (assuming free-flowing traffic) each way from Rockingham. You also have no idea if you'll be able to procure work in your field - surely a huge flaw in the plan. Job viability should be top of the list and have a far greater bearing on where you live than any other factors.

5) You're using your UK home's equity to buy here. House prices continue to soar - particularly in WA. To buy the 'right' house in the 'right' area, you'll probably find your equity will only stretch to a sizeable deposit, not an outright purchase. House prices in Rockingham certainly appear to be considerably more affordable than greater Perth, but many of the listings I just found on realestate.com.au say 'investment property' or 'time to get your hands dirty'. In other words, houses that cheap are doer-uppers or first-time buyers places - not ideal family homes for a couple in their 40s with a couple of teenage kids. Which means you'd probably have to get a mortgage too.

6) One of your main motives for leaving is a feeling of concern for the the way England is 'going'. One of the many glib and oft-used phrases on this forum is that you should move for the pull of the new, not the push of the old. I don't 100% buy that (since my feelings about England were a large factor in my decision - and I'm happy here) but many of things that annoy and frustrate about the UK are here too in all their glory. We have a centre-left government (just like the UK), we have mountains of red-tape (just like the UK), we have hugely unaffordable property (just like the UK). Plus we have our own problems such as an on-going ten year drought, bush fires etc.

7) You don't mention the wider family and your own friends network. Would you be happy leaving them behind, knowing that it's highly unlike you'd be able to afford to visit them more than once every five years or so? People often say they'll visit out here, but the reality is that the cost and time required to undertake such a visit means very few actually do.

8) Your lives are 'comfortable'. When I hear that phrase in posts like yours I immediately hear a second word - 'bored'. You're obviously at a crossroads - wondering if your lives have become too ordinary. Emigrating is certainly one way to shake things up, but it's not some super Band-Aid for your feelings. Moving to another country provides excitement in myriad unwelcome ways and the reality is that once you have the house, can find your way around the supermarket and settle into your job(s) - day to day life will be very similar. Yes, the sun shines more here. Yes, in the right area property is cheaper. Yes, you get the advantage of a one-time GBP to AUD equity transfer which can 'double' your money. But life's very similar the world over - kids go to school, carpets needs to be vacuumed, bills need to be paid, the rubbish needs to be taken out.

9) You enjoyed a two week holiday here. Things were new and interesting to you, you had cash in your pocket from the pound-to-dollar conversion rate. Above all - you were on holiday. Holiday trips, like holiday romances, don't often make for strong longterm bedfellows. I'm not saying that life here is like living in a Gulag, but you simply cannot base a move abroad based on what you got up to and how you felt whilst on holiday.

Obviously it's all up to you ... but my gut instinct would be for you to stay put.

Fantastic post Hutch, I agree entirely
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:33 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Fantastic post Hutch, I agree entirely
and I agree too
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch

1) Your kids are in their teens. Always the most difficult age to move 'em at because they're young adults with strong opinions, strong network of friends and, no doubt, an increasingly strong vision for what lies beyond school. Just do a search for 'teens' on this forum and you'll find countless threads from parents who've struggled with this. It's not a recipe for disaster - plenty do make the move and love it - but it's far harder than shifting primary age kids.

Fab advice!
Old Dec 18th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
and I agree too
Me three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.