Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Seat-sniffing leader breaks down

Seat-sniffing leader breaks down

Old Apr 30th 2008, 12:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seat-sniffing leader breaks down

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
'However, the deputy Liberal leader, Kim Hames, stood by Mr Buswell, while admitting there was no one to replace him.'

Shit, I'll replace him. I'm not perfect but I wouldn't do that, well not in front of colleagues in Parliament. I'm not even a Liberal but I'd make a better premier than Butsmell.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

I always though NOTHING could gross me out after bringing up two lads, but this story has done just that.

I saw the idiot on TV last night - almost crying etc etc.

Just couldn't look - it was just too.....well, I can't find the words.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:44 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JoanL
I always though NOTHING could gross me out after bringing up two lads, but this story has done just that.

I saw the idiot on TV last night - almost crying etc etc.

Just couldn't look - it was just too.....well, I can't find the words.
...too much like watching a moronic, sexist prick whine and try to get round everyone about his disgusting, mysogonistic behaviour when really, there's no excuse and he should get everything that's coming to him?
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by renth
Shit, I'll replace him. I'm not perfect but I wouldn't do that, well not in front of colleagues in Parliament. I'm not even a Liberal but I'd make a better premier than Butsmell.

There's no doubting that, Renth.

RENTH FOR PREMIER!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
...too much like watching a moronic, sexist prick whine and try to get round everyone about his disgusting, mysogonistic behaviour when really, there's no excuse and he should get everything that's coming to him?
Exactly!!!
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Who has been sniffing my chair?

Im sure someone has been 'chair snuffling' on my seat, good job I wear knickers.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:20 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Who has been sniffing my chair?

Im sure someone has been 'chair snuffling' on my seat, good job I wear knickers.
carnt see the problem ??
hes only checking her camel toe inprint
Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Even Migrants that haven't been here for quiet a while dont realise the depths that some Australian Politicians will sink too. Heres the last Female premier of Victoria.... ever probably Opps and one of her ministers on guitar

I may have a few of these

Old Apr 30th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Well, we lived through the (National party) Joh State Govt here in Queensland! By the time it was over we had a Royal Commission, tales of paper bags full of money handed over to the premier, the Police commissioner jailed for years and years, fixed criminal trials......During that era there were laws against assembly, even peaceful assembly, and a priest plus two old ladies once got arrested for illegal assembly while singing a song of protest. The unions were demonised: ask any union member who lived and protested through those times, and he'll show you the scars on his head from police batons.

Back then, the pollies really did plumb the depths - though I'm not sure about any sniffing scandals: every other sort of scandal, yes, but perhaps in Queensland even the lowest of the low didn't do that. Well, seeing that Playboy Magazine and others like it were banned or censored here, perhaps no one thought of sexual deviance - they were too busy with every other kind of yukkiness.

Last edited by JoanL; Apr 30th 2008 at 7:59 am.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoanL
Well, we lived through the (National party) Joh State Govt here in Queensland! By the time it was over we had a Royal Commission, tales of paper bags full of money handed over to the premier, the Police commissioner jailed for years and years, fixed criminal trials......During that era there were laws against assembly, even peaceful assembly, and a priest plus two old ladies once got arrested for illegal assembly while singing a song of protest. The unions were demonised: ask any union member who lived and protested through those times, and he'll show you the scars on his head from police batons.

Back then, the pollies really did plumb the depths - though I'm not sure about any sniffing scandals: every other sort of scandal, yes, but perhaps in Queensland even the lowest of the low didn't do that. Well, seeing that Playboy Magazine and others like it were banned or censored here, perhaps no one thought of sexual deviance - they were too busy with every other kind of yukkiness.

Yes I was looking for some Sir Joh clips.... feeding the chooks, was the one I had in mind, which is how he used to refer to press conferences.

Oh well another Queenslander instead.... the breed some right ones up there eh

Old Apr 30th 2008, 8:45 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

The whole episode smells fishy to me.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by I_Will_Freckle
The whole episode smells fishy to me.
Trust you.
Old Apr 30th 2008, 1:35 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Well with the state of the Liberal party in WA, a sniff of a seat in parliament is the only hope they've got.
Old May 1st 2008, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Well with the state of the Liberal party in WA, a sniff of a seat in parliament is the only hope they've got.