Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Seagals Garden Furniture

Seagals Garden Furniture

Old Feb 9th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Seagals Garden Furniture

We have a swinging garden chair, purchased from Seagals about a year ago, and a matching outdoor setting purchasede about 18 months ago from th same shop.
All the cushions on the swinging chair have gone a real horrible brown colour..........looks like they are covered in bore water staining. Apparently this is sunburn............as we are not supposed to leave them in the sun?????????FFS...........its a GARDEN swing!!!
On top of that 3 of more chairs completely snapped. The part of the leg that was welded to the seat just snapped off on 3 of the chairs, leaving them completely useless. When I complained to the shop they said there was nothing they could do as the chairs were over a year old. Anyone else had any trouble with garden furniture??????????
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:14 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seagals Garden Furniture

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
We have a swinging garden chair, purchased from Seagals about a year ago, and a matching outdoor setting purchasede about 18 months ago from th same shop.
All the cushions on the swinging chair have gone a real horrible brown colour..........looks like they are covered in bore water staining. Apparently this is sunburn............as we are not supposed to leave them in the sun?????????FFS...........its a GARDEN swing!!!
On top of that 3 of more chairs completely snapped. The part of the leg that was welded to the seat just snapped off on 3 of the chairs, leaving them completely useless. When I complained to the shop they said there was nothing they could do as the chairs were over a year old. Anyone else had any trouble with garden furniture??????????
Go on Sandra, kick arse
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme
Go on Sandra, kick arse
It wasnt your arse that broke the chairs was it........................
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:23 am
still perthforme

mrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond reputemrsperthforme has a reputation beyond repute

It wasnt your arse that broke the chairs was it........................
No my mums
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

No my mums
OOOHHHHH...............That was below the belt!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:31 am
still perthforme

OOOHHHHH...............That was below the belt!!!!
well it wouldn't have been your butt as it keeps getting smaller
Old Feb 9th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

well it wouldn't have been your butt as it keeps getting smaller

Only half a kilo off this week.................still better off than on!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 11:57 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have a seagals outdoor setting too and as yet have had no probs with it and believe me I have a fat arse!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 1:31 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I was recommended them upon arrival and have had no probs however friends of ours have had endless probs with their chairs,Im quite embarrassed as I recommended them to Seagals.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

When we first arrived here we bought a 6 seater outdoor setting from Seagals but as there is already 5 of us it began to get a bit tedious only ever inviting 1 person at a time over for a bbq.......
So decided to buy something bigger. When we were at the Perth Royal Show a few months ago Seagals had a display and were doing a special Royal Show discount so we bought a 10 seater for $729 and were well chuffed since the regular price was $899. Was mightily cheesed off though to see the same setting advertised only a couple of weeks later at $499 Bit pissed off at their sneaky pricing but nothing's fallen apart...yet
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:10 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
Im quite embarrassed

I'm sorry but this I find hard to believe