British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Seagals Garden Furniture (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/seagals-garden-furniture-425160/)

sj oldfield Feb 9th 2007 9:03 am

Seagals Garden Furniture

We have a swinging garden chair, purchased from Seagals about a year ago, and a matching outdoor setting purchasede about 18 months ago from th same shop.
All the cushions on the swinging chair have gone a real horrible brown colour..........looks like they are covered in bore water staining. Apparently this is sunburn............as we are not supposed to leave them in the sun?????????FFS...........its a GARDEN swing!!!
On top of that 3 of more chairs completely snapped. The part of the leg that was welded to the seat just snapped off on 3 of the chairs, leaving them completely useless. When I complained to the shop they said there was nothing they could do as the chairs were over a year old. Anyone else had any trouble with garden furniture??????????

mrsperthforme Feb 9th 2007 10:14 am

Re: Seagals Garden Furniture

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 4380832)
We have a swinging garden chair, purchased from Seagals about a year ago, and a matching outdoor setting purchasede about 18 months ago from th same shop.
All the cushions on the swinging chair have gone a real horrible brown colour..........looks like they are covered in bore water staining. Apparently this is sunburn............as we are not supposed to leave them in the sun?????????FFS...........its a GARDEN swing!!!
On top of that 3 of more chairs completely snapped. The part of the leg that was welded to the seat just snapped off on 3 of the chairs, leaving them completely useless. When I complained to the shop they said there was nothing they could do as the chairs were over a year old. Anyone else had any trouble with garden furniture??????????

Go on Sandra, kick arse:eek:

sj oldfield Feb 9th 2007 10:22 am

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme (Post 4380984)
Go on Sandra, kick arse:eek:

It wasnt your arse that broke the chairs was it........................;)

mrsperthforme Feb 9th 2007 10:23 am

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 4381012)
It wasnt your arse that broke the chairs was it........................;)

No my mums:o

sj oldfield Feb 9th 2007 10:27 am

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme (Post 4381014)
No my mums:o

OOOHHHHH...............That was below the belt!!!!:eek:

mrsperthforme Feb 9th 2007 10:31 am

Originally Posted by sj oldfield (Post 4381023)
OOOHHHHH...............That was below the belt!!!!:eek:

well it wouldn't have been your butt as it keeps getting smaller:D

sj oldfield Feb 9th 2007 10:40 am

Originally Posted by mrsperthforme (Post 4381033)
well it wouldn't have been your butt as it keeps getting smaller:D

Only half a kilo off this week.................still better off than on!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

northernbird Feb 9th 2007 11:57 am

I have a seagals outdoor setting too and as yet have had no probs with it and believe me I have a fat arse!

Ransi Feb 9th 2007 1:31 pm

I was recommended them upon arrival and have had no probs however friends of ours have had endless probs with their chairs,Im quite embarrassed as I recommended them to Seagals.:o

YFitz Feb 11th 2007 12:57 pm

When we first arrived here we bought a 6 seater outdoor setting from Seagals but as there is already 5 of us it began to get a bit tedious only ever inviting 1 person at a time over for a bbq.......;)
So decided to buy something bigger. When we were at the Perth Royal Show a few months ago Seagals had a display and were doing a special Royal Show discount so we bought a 10 seater for $729 and were well chuffed since the regular price was $899. Was mightily cheesed off though to see the same setting advertised only a couple of weeks later at $499 :mad: Bit pissed off at their sneaky pricing but nothing's fallen apart...yet

sme Feb 11th 2007 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Ransi (Post 4381455)
Im quite embarrassed

I'm sorry but this I find hard to believe:rofl: