Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Scratch beyond the surface of Australia

Wikiposts

Scratch beyond the surface of Australia

Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

whoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scratch beyond the surface of Australia

Originally Posted by wengerboy
given the the choice of cashed up poms vs meth munching weed smoking ferals give me the ferals any day

Being an Aussie myself I've never heard of a 'cashed up pom'... you might come over with the pound but that's as far as a goes, I wouldn't consider a middle class pom any different to the usual middle class Aussie.

Ferals are ferals... end of story.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:37 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whoever

Ferals are ferals... end of story.
describe (in your own words) what defines some one who is feral
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

whoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to beholdwhoever is a splendid one to behold

Well, depends where you are from in Australia. I am from the Northern Territory so a feral to me is literally a feral who doesn't have a home, sleeps in the bush or a van and campaigns against mining... a hippie I guees. Also probably the usual homeless people like those old crazy men.

For me, I usually would use the term a bogan or a yobbo or ' someone from western sydney'. Essentially these people are Chavs, they drive old Holdens and think they are the coolest cars on the block. They wear brands like Nike and tracksuit pants. They have those really bad accents and swear a lot. They probably say things like ' oh Australia is the best' and other ignorant phrases. Their girlfriends usually wear tight white pants...

haha You know who I am talking about... They are always on trains or hooning around in old Holdens.

Usually in Australia people who catch trains and buses on the weekends are these sort of people because they can't afford a car.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Here you go....a prime example of a feral. Sexy lot they are!!
Attached Thumbnails Scratch beyond the surface of Australia-bear.jpg  
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, depends where you are from in Australia. I am from the Northern Territory so a feral to me is literally a feral who doesn't have a home, sleeps in the bush or a van and campaigns against mining... a hippie I guees. Also probably the usual homeless people like those old crazy men.

For me, I usually would use the term a bogan or a yobbo or ' someone from western sydney'. Essentially these people are Chavs, they drive old Holdens and think they are the coolest cars on the block. They wear brands like Nike and tracksuit pants. They have those really bad accents and swear a lot. They probably say things like ' oh Australia is the best' and other ignorant phrases. Their girlfriends usually wear tight white pants...

haha You know who I am talking about... They are always on trains or hooning around in old Holdens.

Usually in Australia people who catch trains and buses on the weekends are these sort of people because they can't afford a car.

:scared:
Attached Images  
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:55 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
relative?
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

relative?
My cousin/brother/husband. How did you know??
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by CasG
:scared:

haha no no... I am talking about TIGHT white pants bought from Supre. Made out of Lyrca or something. Usually they'll smartly team them with a black g-string (makes sense).

I am only 22, so honestly I am talking about those 17-20 year old bogans who you just know are already a lost cause.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 9:59 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Matthew Kelly!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:00 pm
Up The Arse!!

as I said previously and given you`re description give me a feral anyday! as far as i`m concerned they are harmless. it`s the west end drinkers or yobbos as you call em that are more of a concern, to me anyway
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:01 pm
Up The Arse!!

My cousin/brother/husband. How did you know??
educated guess
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

as I said previously and given you`re description give me a feral anyday! as far as i`m concerned they are harmless. it`s the west end drinkers or yobbos as you call em that are more of a concern, to me anyway

I agree... Ferals are harmless. But some people in Australia call the Yobbos 'Ferals' so it just depends.

To me the bogans and yobbos are the problem. They are the ones with bad attitudes.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

haha no no... I am talking about TIGHT white pants bought from Supre. Made out of Lyrca or something. Usually they'll smartly team them with a black g-string (makes sense).

I am only 22, so honestly I am talking about those 17-20 year old bogans who you just know are already a lost cause.
Phew !!
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:06 pm
Up The Arse!!

Originally Posted by CasG
Phew !!
bet you`re glad you took of the black g string and tight lycra pants
Old Jul 27th 2006, 10:09 pm
Account Closed

bet you`re glad you took of the black g string and tight lycra pants
Thanks for the vote of confidence !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.