Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

scottish banter for those who like

Wikiposts

scottish banter for those who like

Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:22 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Re: scottish banter for those who like

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Do I detect some Ayrshire vernacular?

Ah dinnae ken whit a am, fae Blantirr, bit dwelled in Killie, a lang, lang time
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:26 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

hes a few to get it going again

Blythswood skwerr...........a place frequented by Bix of a night

haun knittit something your granny would make you and make u wear it too

ra morra tomorrow

merrit married

scud to hit someone or something

bawheid me

sideyways to the left ot right

coo's arse ugly

neebur next door

nippy sweetie biggy

now lets see how meny i can join together?

bawheid wiz up rat blythswood skwerr last night, if that nippy sweetie that hes mettit tae finds out she gee him a scud and knock his heid sideyways and ra morra he will have a coupon like a coo's arse, oh by the way his neebur haun knittit him a ballyclaver to hide his scars
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

and the dry boak...feeling nausous, or ye gie me the boak...make me feel sick. And if you get a dissy, you're date doesn't turn up.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:29 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sorchar
and the dry boak...feeling nausous, or ye gie me the boak...make me feel sick. And if you get a dissy, you're date doesn't turn up.
thats one i still use mate. love to watch the strange look on the faces of the guys i work with when i say it
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Ah dinnae ken whit a am, fae Blantirr, bit dwelled in Killie, a lang, lang time
so u talk pish in stereo
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:34 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Michty me, fur classic Scottish Banter you just cannae beat The Broons man........

http://www.thatsbraw.co.uk/The%20Broons/Broons-Page.htm
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:37 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by herrchook
Michty me, fur classic Scottish Banter you just cannae beat The Broons man........

http://www.thatsbraw.co.uk/The%20Broons/Broons-Page.htm
just had a wee swatch and found another of my faves...haverin'
pauline said i was haverin last week. i couldnt stop laughing cos she hasnt said that for years.
haverin talking pish
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:53 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Any of you get a bag off at school (a snog)?
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

rat wid drive yae rite aff yir nut
i use this a lot here
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:57 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by soapy
so u talk pish in stereo

Dochter

Meaning: daughter

blethering

Meaning: conversing

Luk at the snaw

Meaning: Look at the snow

She's a big heaver

Meaning: They are slightly on the plump side.

Whit a haufer

Another one for slightly on the plump side

Soopit

Meaing: scooped

Loaby

Meaning: vestibule

single en

Meaning; studio flat
Old Feb 16th 2006, 7:59 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by Margaret2

Dochter

Meaning: daughter

blethering

Meaning: conversing

Luk at the snaw

Meaning: Look at the snow

She's a big heaver

Meaning: They are slightly on the plump side.

Whit a haufer

Another one for slightly on the plump side

Soopit

Meaing: scooped
Dinnae ken if this wan's been oan afor but hows aboot "bowfin'" meaning horrible
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

mawkit slightly on the dirty side
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:00 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by soapy
CLATTY
ya clatty wee besturt, youve jist pished yursell !
I was posh and grew up in Edinburgh - we werny clatty, we were clarty
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by herrchook
I was posh and grew up in Edinburgh - we werny clatty, we were clarty
awe a furgoat you lot wur broat up wae jaurries in yir mooth
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:05 am
Sunny Sydney

Here's a few fi ma man who's a chookter fi Fife (hence the name herrchook - a man who can speak german who's a chookter).......

peely wally - pale
bin the hoose - through the back of the house
up the close - in the shared stairways
a cuddy - a horse
braw - brilliant
skeemie - a poor person
chuckies - stones
bit - boot
stanes - testicles - ever had a bit in the stanes
a lumbar - a one night stand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.