Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scots Justice

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Oh dear, you dumb baffoon.
Is that the best you've got?????
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:35 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Both the links seem to suggest a connection with Iran, one directly, now if that was the case, can someone tell me why Libya agreed to pay such a massive compensation claim?

Was that also a conspiracy? Was that to cover up what Iran did? Because to my mind it would be more of a coup for Libya and Iran to stand up and embarrass the West by telling what they know about the situation.

If you look hard enough you can find a dozen theories and crack pot ideas, hell, if we rule out Malta as the origin of the feeder bomb we are left with Ireland as the source, and do we all want to get into THAT discussion?
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason, I've just perused your recent posts. You seem to be fixated by Scotland

You have been slagging off the football, the justice system and even made references to alcohol problems.

Why is this?.

I'm sorry for you . I see that your other pre occupation is electricity and the exams that these people must sit in Australia.

Are you projecting your anger on to the country that I call home?

Do you realise that many people in your nation would have contempt for you based solely on your geographical location?
"Darn sarf "they must love folk of your condition i.e. easily divertrd to what's going down nationally. Dear! Dear!
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevin747
Jason, I've just perused your recent posts. You seem to be fixated by Scotland

You have been slagging off the football, the justice system and even made references to alcohol problems.

Why is this?.

I'm sorry for you . I see that your other pre occupation is electricity and the exams that these people must sit in Australia.

Are you projecting your anger on to the country that I call home?

Do you realise that many people in your nation would have contempt for you based solely on your geographical location?
"Darn sarf "they must love folk of your condition i.e. easily divertrd to what's going down nationally. Dear! Dear!
My nation?
Seems quite alright for the large amount of scottish, not all, on here to slag off people from english descent.
So in a nut-shell I dont have a problem with scotland, many scottish on here, not all, seem to have major issues with english and a deep hatred.
The flying of a union flag makes their blood boil, to slag off the english is a major past-time, for a celtic "football" fan to slag off a rangers fan is deemed as good comedy value, not mere banter.
But this moves away from the orig post, I believe sending the guy back home on compasionate grounds was totally wrong. I find it quite bizzare that as he touched down many saltire flags were flying, if I were of scots descent this would pee me off. If this had happened in spain, england, wales, france etc I would feel the same.
As for the country you call home I do not know where it is, at this moment in time, nor do I care.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasonlec
My nation?
Seems quite alright for the large amount of scottish, not all, on here to slag off people from english descent.
So in a nut-shell I dont have a problem with scotland, many scottish on here, not all, seem to have major issues with english and a deep hatred.
The flying of a union flag makes their blood boil, to slag off the english is a major past-time, for a celtic "football" fan to slag off a rangers fan is deemed as good comedy value, not mere banter.
But this moves away from the orig post, I believe sending the guy back home on compasionate grounds was totally wrong. I find it quite bizzare that as he touched down many saltire flags were flying, if I were of scots descent this would pee me off. If this had happened in spain, england, wales, france etc I would feel the same.
As for the country you call home I do not know where it is, at this moment in time, nor do I care.
I have no problems with being Scottish and if you read some of my posts you will see that Scotland / England ,Celtic /Rangers does not really concern me

5 months before Lockerbie an American warship,the Vincennes shot down an Iranian airbus killing 190 civilians.
The warship crew were treated as national heros on their return. So I have a bit of a beef about American hypocricy.
Now,if Megrahi was guilty(which I doubt) whose orders was he following. Obviously Gaddafi's.
Now since that time we have had Blair and royals exchanging pleasantries with him on BP's behalf.
The hypocricy is incredible .
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:01 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a great deal made of the flying of the saltire.I think this was probably just gratitude from his family/tribe.
The Private Eye have covered Lockerbie in some detail and the evidence would suggest that Megrahi was innocent .

I do suspect that the release goes back to Blair and is left with Scotland to administer.
The OP is in a right little state.

Dr Jim Swire (very reasonable and decent man) thinks he is innocent.
The yanks last week were banging on from their state dept about how the Uk should continue to imprison Megrahi without realising that Scotland had a seperate legal system.
Let us remember how Americans dealt with the French refusal to join its little adventure in Iraq(the banning of french fries).I heard one chap saying he had cancelled his trip to "Edinbro".
I would suggest that if the predictable whinge turns into a boycott of Scotch we should boycott sourmash/bourbon which is shite anyway and usually drunk by guys who want to impress the burd by being a little bit Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin
That's a lot of handwashing.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lockerbie Bomber may be released

Originally Posted by kporte
I would say no. Hindley was refused for example. But that is the point. You have to ask yourself why he has been released and why he dropped his appeal. Simple. He would have won his appeal.
I may be wrong, but I read that you can't be released on compassionate grounds if an appeal is pending, which would explain why he dropped it. Not sure though.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice
Default Re: Lockerbie Bomber may be released

Originally Posted by kporte
So you think they did it but got off with it then?
Really wish I could answer that. I'm not sure they are totally innocent. However one thing this thread is teaching me - and is opening my eyes to is that the greater public believe there is an awful lot of meddling and negotiating behind the scenes (All nationalities are affected by these terrorists -the ones that get elected into government to serve there own needs I mean). Its these politicians that need to be serving life sentances.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:21 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Talk tonight of a boycott on Scottish products, including Whisky supplies.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 9:39 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Not gonna happen. I love my whisky marmalade

Besides, if we boycott every product based on underhanded political decision making, we'd not buy anything
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

All the talk over here is that basically it was a decision for the Scotts, and England are distancing themselves BIG TIME. A bit tricky though as Gadaffi has publically thanked Brown, Prince Andrew and the Queen for personally helping with the release. Yoiks!
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:31 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
All the talk over here is that basically it was a decision for the Scotts, and England are distancing themselves BIG TIME. A bit tricky though as Gadaffi has publically thanked Brown, Prince Andrew and the Queen for personally helping with the release. Yoiks!

FBI Chief sees it as a Scots decision
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8216122.stm

Prince Andrew and the Queen having any pull on this, sounds like he's having mischief.
Cooler
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:34 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

The British government are bound to distance themselves and of course Mandelson is completely believable

They are all in it together. Nothing happens without governments say so, regardless as to the law.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 10:57 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problems with being Scottish and if you read some of my posts you will see that Scotland / England ,Celtic /Rangers does not really concern me

5 months before Lockerbie an American warship,the Vincennes shot down an Iranian airbus killing 190 civilians.
The warship crew were treated as national heros on their return. So I have a bit of a beef about American hypocricy.
Now,if Megrahi was guilty(which I doubt) whose orders was he following. Obviously Gaddafi's.
Now since that time we have had Blair and royals exchanging pleasantries with him on BP's behalf.
The hypocricy is incredible .
Good post