Scots Justice

Old Aug 22nd 2009, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

robclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nicerobclaridge is just really nice
Default Re: Lockerbie Bomber may be released

Originally Posted by kporte
An unsafe conviction is an unsafe conviction.The crown must prove it's case. They were beaten to confess and the police were found to have fabricated evidence. They were awarded massive compo. Safe to say they should have never been convicted in the first place
...I do not doubt the sincerity of your argument at all, you are right... But Paul Hill (One of those convicted - was also implicated in the murder of Brian Shaw a British soldier - ironically Mr Hill went on to marry Courtney Kennedy Sister/daughter (I cannot remember which) of the assasinated Robert Kennedy. The Kennedy clan are staunchly proud of their Irish roots. (strings pulled?) The six the four guilty? Maybe not, wholly innocent, I also suspect not. I guess we will never know for sure. As for Megri - the same applies. To quote what you say 'An unsafe conviction is an unsafe conviction' The crown must prove it's case.. Free is one thing, but innocent? Not sure? As a wise old teacher once said. There is no smoke without fire - or a more apt modern phrase would be... If its raining outside and your caught without an umbrella, expect to get pissed on.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 5:14 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots Justice

A relative of mine was in Northern Ireland during the height of IRA bombing campaign. He said they knew who he was and he knew who they were. Sometimes things went on behond closed doors to suit both parties. The same applies in lots of cases where we [the general public] don't always know the true ins and outs

Either way. Lots of people lost their lives and that's the saddest part of it all.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:33 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lockerbie Bomber may be released

Originally Posted by robclaridge
...I do not doubt the sincerity of your argument at all, you are right... But Paul Hill (One of those convicted - was also implicated in the murder of Brian Shaw a British soldier - ironically Mr Hill went on to marry Courtney Kennedy Sister/daughter (I cannot remember which) of the assasinated Robert Kennedy. The Kennedy clan are staunchly proud of their Irish roots. (strings pulled?) The six the four guilty? Maybe not, wholly innocent, I also suspect not. I guess we will never know for sure. As for Megri - the same applies. To quote what you say 'An unsafe conviction is an unsafe conviction' The crown must prove it's case.. Free is one thing, but innocent? Not sure? As a wise old teacher once said. There is no smoke without fire - or a more apt modern phrase would be... If its raining outside and your caught without an umbrella, expect to get pissed on.
So you think they did it but got off with it then?
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

You could lock him up for life but theres potential for another dozen to take his place.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Have a heart. The Libyans got to party like it was 1499 on his arrival, so some good has come of it.

Couscous anyone?
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

There has been a great deal made of the flying of the saltire.I think this was probably just gratitude from his family/tribe.
The Private Eye have covered Lockerbie in some detail and the evidence would suggest that Megrahi was innocent .

I do suspect that the release goes back to Blair and is left with Scotland to administer.
The OP is in a right little state.

Dr Jim Swire (very reasonable and decent man) thinks he is innocent.
The yanks last week were banging on from their state dept about how the Uk should continue to imprison Megrahi without realising that Scotland had a seperate legal system.
Let us remember how Americans dealt with the French refusal to join its little adventure in Iraq(the banning of french fries).I heard one chap saying he had cancelled his trip to "Edinbro".
I would suggest that if the predictable whinge turns into a boycott of Scotch we should boycott sourmash/bourbon which is shite anyway and usually drunk by guys who want to impress the burd by being a little bit Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 7:55 am
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevin747
There has been a great deal made of the flying of the saltire.I think this was probably just gratitude from his family/tribe.
Many scots over there? Seem to have got hold of the flags rather sharpish. E-bay must be doing some rapid trade, I reckon the Americans will be buying them too, but for different reasons.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jasonlec
Many scots over there? Seem to have got hold of the flags rather sharpish. E-bay must be doing some rapid trade, I reckon the Americans will be buying them too, but for different reasons.
You really are a cock aren't you, are you going to buy one as well????

What does it matter. This sort of thing happens regularly and we as lowly people will never know what perks are behind this release, if there are any that is.

Personally i don't think he done it but thats my opinion. The guy has also said pretty much from the outset that he didn't do it either.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:09 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

The Private Eye have covered Lockerbie in some detail and the evidence would suggest that Megrahi was innocent .

I do suspect that the release goes back to Blair and is left with Scotland to administer.
The OP is in a right little state.

Dr Jim Swire (very reasonable and decent man) thinks he is innocent.
The yanks last week were banging on from their state dept about how the Uk should continue to imprison Megrahi without realising that Scotland had a seperate legal system.
Let us remember how Americans dealt with the French refusal to join its little adventure in Iraq(the banning of french fries).I heard one chap saying he had cancelled his trip to "Edinbro".
I would suggest that if the predictable whinge turns into a boycott of Scotch we should boycott sourmash/bourbon which is shite anyway and usually drunk by guys who want to impress the burd by being a little bit Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin
lmfao
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Jason,please take off the string vest. Move away from The Sun,consider taking the pit bull terrier to the park.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wullieb1
You really are a cock aren't you, are you going to buy one as well????

What does it matter. This sort of thing happens regularly and we as lowly people will never know what perks are behind this release, if there are any that is.

Personally i don't think he done it but thats my opinion. The guy has also said pretty much from the outset that he didn't do it either.
Waste of money buying an imitation of the canarian flag.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:13 am
Account Closed

Jason,please take off the string vest. Move away from The Sun,consider taking the pit bull terrier to the park.
If only
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Waste of money buying an imitation of the canarian flag.
What the heck is Canarian??? Hopefully not the Canary Islands flag cause if it is you need to do some research ;-)
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wullieb1
What the heck is Canarian??? Hopefully not the Canary Islands flag cause if it is you need to do some research ;-)
Oh dear, you dumb baffoon.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

If only
Apologies . I meant whippet and ferrets. Take a black pudding say" I'm a bloody jock" and start to thump yourself over the head continously.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.