Scots Justice

Old Aug 20th 2009, 4:44 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lockerbie Bomber may be released

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
(There's a thingymajig happening with the quote function. It's bolloxing it all up, so it looks like someone else quoted what you didn't say.... or summat)
Fixed it
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:17 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Back on to the original debate....

I don't know much about the ins and outs and why the bomber was let out - however....

If he's innocent I don't understand why his release has not coincided with a full pardon and a wad of compensation for an innocent man being jailed?

Alternatively if he's guilty but has been let out due to illness I'm not sure why if he was found guilty?

If it's the former i.e he's since been found innocent , I don't think anyone has a problem with an innocent man going free.

If however it's the latter i.e he's been let out due to him being ill then people have every right to be upset, especially if they have family or friends who lost their loved ones due to his actions of blowing them up.

At the end of the day a court of law found him guilty and only a court of law can overrule this ruling.

No change should be made based on emotions.

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Aug 20th 2009 at 6:29 pm.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

this is all to do with oil

read it recently that once he is freed then BP are going to be able to heavily invest / earn in libya , which IF true is disgusting .
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:14 pm

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
this is all to do with oil

read it recently that once he is freed then BP are going to be able to heavily invest / earn in libya , which IF true is disgusting .
Exactly!......Peter Mandelson recently met Gaddafi's son in the Rothschild mansion in Corfu as you know Libia is dripping in oil. Jack straw until very recently was adamant that Ronnie Biggs would never be released, Biggs who has been dying for a while now was suddenly released on "compassionate grounds", The cynical might think that this act of compassion might smooth the way for the release of this Libian scum.

So at the end of the day whether he is guilty or not does not make any difference to this government, its all down to pound notes and this must be a sad day for the poor relatives of the people whose body parts were scattered over Lockerbie.

Ive just watched news at 10 and saw a frail old man board Gaddafi's private jet to the jeers of locals and then the landing in Libia where he punched the air to a hero's welcome.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

He drops his appeal and is miraculously released. No prizes for guessing a face save deal there.
It is very common for a dying prisoner to be released on compassionate grounds, and rightly so, we are not animals.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:29 pm

london cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud oflondon cabbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kporte
He drops his appeal and is miraculously released. No prizes for guessing a face save deal there.
It is very common for a dying prisoner to be released on compassionate grounds, and rightly so, we are not animals.
Yeah your probably right, in fact i think the British government should give him and his family a huge chunk of money by way of compensation for not letting him go sooner, and the friends and loved ones of all people who lost their lives that day should send him hand written letters of apology for any inconvenience he might have endured...hows that?
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of lightLoneRanger is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Scots Justice

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Have been around and killed terroists all my adult life.this guy is innocent.
Totally agree with you but how many innocents down through the years have taken the rap for various organisations, governments, gangsters etc to stay alive or merely just for £s / $ ?

The good doctor, Mr Swire, who lost his daughter on that flight has been an ardent campaigner for years to have Megrahi freed and the truth outed but seems to be banging his head against a brick wall!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by london cabbie
Yeah your probably right, in fact i think the British government should give him and his family a huge chunk of money by way of compensation for not letting him go sooner, and the friends and loved ones of all people who lost their lives that day should send him hand written letters of apology for any inconvenience he might have endured...hows that?
If he didn't do it that wouldn't really cut it. Many of the families concerned believe him innocent. Don't get caught up with vengeance, it should be justice. If he didn't do it my preference would be to get the ones that did but some seem happy to have somebody punished regardless of whether or not it is the right man....
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

you will never get the ones THAT DONE IT as he was put up as a sacrificial lamb ( so to speak )
if he was found guilty then without doubt he should have stayed in regardless of any compassionate grounds , where is the compassion for the 270 that were killed on that flight
THIS IS ALL ABOUT OIL AND MONEY without doubt .
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Totally agree with you but how many innocents down through the years have taken the rap for various organisations, governments, gangsters etc to stay alive or merely just for £s / $ ?

The good doctor, Mr Swire, who lost his daughter on that flight has been an ardent campaigner for years to have Megrahi freed and the truth outed but seems to be banging his head against a brick wall!
It amazes me the number of people who are quite content to have some patsy in jail whilst the actual culprit is playing tennis. I want the scumbags who actually did it. Swire must be in such turmoil.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steve_kelly_and_boys
you will never get the ones THAT DONE IT as he was put up as a sacrificial lamb ( so to speak )
if he was found guilty then without doubt he should have stayed in regardless of any compassionate grounds , where is the compassion for the 270 that were killed on that flight
THIS IS ALL ABOUT OIL AND MONEY without doubt .
You will certainly never get the ones that did it if we carry on pretending this bloke did. There is plenty compassion for the victims, rightly so. They deserve justice but they are not getting it and never will, that ship has sailed. Dr Swire has been a tireless campaigner to get this guy out and to find out what really happened but people are happy to have some random patsy rather than looking for the truth.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:34 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

It amazes me the number of people who are quite content to have some patsy in jail whilst the actual culprit is playing tennis. I want the scumbags who actually did it. Swire must be in such turmoil.
I know, poor man, I hope he discovers some of the truth before he dies, but I doubt it.

Remember Timothy McVeigh (how could anyone forget really) - the Oklahoma Bomber? - he took the rap for everyone involved, even tried to say he was a one man mission and refused to speak. I know he was directly involved and most people were happy that he died, but the other killers are still free.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:44 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I hear what you are saying K, but, is it right for a prisoner to be released on compassionate grounds if he has massacred so many people? - i'm not specifically relating to Megrani btw.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:46 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Yes he would be guilty no doubt and blamed for everything else in the world that we seem to get blamed for and he would be pilloried for observing a minutes silence on Remembrance Sunday and for daring to fly the flag of his country! Strange that one isn't it?
A red hand of ULSTER flag
Old Aug 21st 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

You will certainly never get the ones that did it if we carry on pretending this bloke did. There is plenty compassion for the victims, rightly so. They deserve justice but they are not getting it and never will, that ship has sailed. Dr Swire has been a tireless campaigner to get this guy out and to find out what really happened but people are happy to have some random patsy rather than looking for the truth.
kporte

you seem very sure he did not do it and although there are people who believe he did not, there are probably many more who believe he did - and only a few who know as close to the truth as they can get.

The fact he has been welcomed back to Libya today with open arms, with singing of songs and the waving of Scottish flags shows their complete lack of care and disrespect to the Scottish people. There is the fact that he undoubtedly had very strong ties to the company that made that specific detonator that caused the bomb, and many other bits of evidence seem to indicate he was either a very very unlucky person or he's not as innocent as is made out. He may not have planted the bomb, but he was pretty certain to be involved...

I'm also of the belief there was more than one person involved at all levels.

Bottom line is he was found guilty and in my book deserves to die in prison - this whole compassionate grounds and your comment about us not being animals is, I believe, nonsense.

Ignoring this situation, no-one who is convicted of life imprisonment should be allowed out on compassionate grounds. The have none and have never exercised any so why should we give it to them? Anyone who has been tried and found guilty should not be allowed out compassionate grounds in my book. Their guilt or not is a totally separate matter...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.