Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Scotland and Independance

Scotland and Independance

Old Sep 14th 2014, 7:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotland and Independance

Originally Posted by OzTennis
What does one expect from a native of the country with the former Orange Free State?

Heard in the West of Scotland. 'Daddy, what's 1690?' 'It's the collective IQ of a big Orange march son'.

The Orange order march with 'pride' and much bigotry and ignorance. They have undeniable links past and present with loyalist paramilitary groups and organised crime to fund same. They represent the extremist fringe of the protestant religion in the same way IS do for Sunni Islam. Both don't have a place in any civilised country.
Ooh look, Holland had a bigger influence on the world than many of the blinkered didn't realise

The rest of your post is rubbish. Comparing the Orange order to radical islam and IS - what a load of tosh

But then we are dealing with the modern left.............
Old Sep 14th 2014, 12:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Ooh look, Holland had a bigger influence on the world than many of the blinkered didn't realise

The rest of your post is rubbish. Comparing the Orange order to radical islam and IS - what a load of tosh

But then we are dealing with the modern left.............
You obviously own a chain of stores called 'Condescending r Us'. You know nothing of what I've studied and read about so don't presume what I do and don't know and which way my political persuasion is.

So the atrocities as abhorrent as beheading weren't carried out in Northern Ireland by Orange Loyalists? If you deny that you really do look at the world through orange coloured glasses.

http://www.evangelicaltruth.com/orange.html

And the Dutch were so clever they gave up Manhattan Island (New Amsterdam) in return for some Indonesian spices. The rest, the new name of New York and all that is history. Read Nathaniel's Nutmeg.

Last edited by OzTennis; Sep 14th 2014 at 12:58 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedscottish
Ulster's heritage perhaps, not Scotland's! If you think a knuckle dragging sectarian organisation has a place in the 21 century then you need your head looked at!
But weren't many of the protestants in NI transplanted from Scotland many years ago during the plantation of Ulster?

As for the orange order. They don't particularly appeal to me but they have a right to march for what they believe in, even if I disagree with it (my mothers side are Irish Catholics). If they broke the law then they would be dealt with. Much progress as be made with marching routes, although tensions still remain. And also let us not forget the various groups on the republican side that had paramilitary links.

Are the orange order any more bigoted than the upper middle class Tory house wives of the deep posh home counties of England, probably not. They are not people I would want to share a pint with, but to compare them to Islamic State, do me a favor.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:27 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

What does one expect from a native of the country with the former Orange Free State?

Heard in the West of Scotland. 'Daddy, what's 1690?' 'It's the collective IQ of a big Orange march son'.

The Orange order march with 'pride' and much bigotry and ignorance. They have undeniable links past and present with loyalist paramilitary groups and organised crime to fund same. They represent the extremist fringe of the protestant religion in the same way IS do for Sunni Islam. Both don't have a place in any civilised country.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:31 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously own a chain of stores called 'Condescending r Us'. You know nothing of what I've studied and read about so don't presume what I do and don't know and which way my political persuasion is.

So the atrocities as abhorrent as beheading weren't carried out in Northern Ireland by Orange Loyalists? If you deny that you really do look at the world through orange coloured glasses.

Orange Order Exposed

And the Dutch were so clever they gave up Manhattan Island (New Amsterdam) in return for some Indonesian spices. The rest, the new name of New York and all that is history. Read Nathaniel's Nutmeg.
You were condescending to me so just returning the favour Turbo

Comparing the Orange order to radical islam and the IS was pathetic

The Dutch were responsible for much of the ingenuity and economic prowess that came out of Europe and built the new world

The origins and continuation of Protestantism in the UK is part of the history and fabric of that country. It is the state religion of England and the largest religion in Scotland
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
So now you're doing a 955?

I expect better from you Scotch
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Sinn Fein one of the leading political groups in Northern Ireland had clear and defined links to the IRA and the provisional IRA who were also funded by Irish Americans at the heart of the American government.

Many of the Sinn Feinn politicians have blood on their hands. Sinn Fein have now been incorporated in to main stream politics but there are still a minority with extreme view points.

You come on here and shout off about the orange order being linked to the likes of the UVF. Yes they probably were, but I fail to see in the scheme of things in Northern Ireland how this makes a difference.

Each side were / still are corrupt to the core and neither side can hold its head high in that respect. But each side have a right to walk the streets if they wish and a right talk about their views, however much we might dislike them, and I do.

Are the Orange Order worse than the on the rise 'Front National' in France? Well you cannot vote for the Orange Order as far as I am aware, nor can anyone just roll up and join the order, they keep themselves to themselves in that respect.

Last edited by Jon77; Sep 14th 2014 at 1:58 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Jon77, I don't why you are quoting me then going on about retaliating to Isis.... Think you are getting mixed up there?

Also, I think you are going off track... This is about Scotland, if some scottish were shipped over to Ireland 300 years ago I hardly think it's of relevance.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 10:38 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I think you are going off track... This is about Scotland, if some scottish were shipped over to Ireland 300 years ago I hardly think it's of relevance.
And getting on track, it looks like its going to get very ugly if there is a slight yes vote :

Concern as child aged three registered to vote in referendum - Telegraph

Pro-union campaigners fear rules allowing 16 and 17-year-olds to vote are open to error or abuse as it emerged that in Dundee, a Yes stronghold, there were almost 10 per cent more 16 and 17-year-olds registered to vote than were living in the city.

Due to privacy laws, 16 and 17-year-olds are listed on a special “young voters’ register” which is not subject to the same scrutiny as the adult register – a public document.

This lack of scrutiny allows the undetected registration of children younger than 16 and therefore not entitled to vote.
Voter fraud and electoral incompetence....
Old Sep 14th 2014, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Jon77, I don't why you are quoting me then going on about retaliating to Isis.... Think you are getting mixed up there?

Do you think a possible yes vote will cause increased sectarianism or not ?

I do, Plus I can't see the Orange order moving en masse to England as they are totally irrelevant there. They will only cause problems where they are noticeable, No one will give a flying tinkers about them in England. Just another nutty religious clan is likely to be the majority view.

50/50 is going to be the absolute worse possible scenario in this, you could be buying yourselves years and years of NI style conflict... The relgious aspect of this is almost zero to do with the last 7 or 8 and probably more generations of Englands populace.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can envisage it happening.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 14th 2014 at 10:49 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 10:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I do, Plus I can't see the Orange order moving en masse to England as they are totally irrelevant there. They will only cause problems where they are noticeable, No one will give a flying tinkers about them in England. Just another nutty religious clan is likely to be the majority view.

They are not irrelevant in England.....There are already plenty of Orange marches in England...I once accidently found myself in the middle of one in Southport and there are plenty more all over England....and even in London

Last edited by Grayling; Sep 14th 2014 at 10:58 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

gedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to beholdgedscottish is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Do you think a possible yes vote will cause increased sectarianism or not ?

50/50 is going to be the absolute worse possible scenario in this, you could be buying yourselves years and years of NI style conflict... The relgious aspect of this is almost zero to do with the last 7 or 8 and probably more generations of Englands populace.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can envisage it happening.

No! Perhaps for a short time but then they will soon realise there is no way they can put the union back together again, their silly union flag waving days will be gone and they will hopefully realise they are irrelevant when all sectarian marches are banned!
Old Sep 14th 2014, 11:17 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

when all sectarian marches are banned!
Why will sectarian marches be banned? Scotland will continue to be blighted by sectarianism (and many other problems) regardless of the outcome on Thursday.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 11:24 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

No! Perhaps for a short time but then they will soon realise there is no way they can put the union back together again, their silly union flag waving days will be gone and they will hopefully realise they are irrelevant when all sectarian marches are banned!
All sectarian marches in Scotland ARE banned - apart from the orange order ones, surprisingly (not).
Old Sep 14th 2014, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
They are not irrelevant in England.....There are already plenty of Orange marches in England...I once accidently found myself in the middle of one in Southport and there are plenty more all over England....and even in London
Absolutely. Many of the UVFers that were ran out of Ireland are now in England, still doing the same shit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.