Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schoolboy [14] Arrested in Bali Drug Bust

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
drugs turn someone into a quilter

Jeez...this kid has been punished enough
I know plenty of quilters who havent touched anything stronger than a small glass of harveys bristol cream on a sunday before lunch... Or at most a glass of Blue Nun with their lunch.... We're not all ex druggies you know!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:46 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I know plenty of quilters who havent touched anything stronger than a small glass of harveys bristol cream on a sunday before lunch... Or at most a glass of Blue Nun with their lunch.... We're not all ex druggies you know!
Ooooo you lot really know how to push the boat out. I'd have to watch you in Bali
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:47 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DibDob
Port Talbot Sandfields Estate is looking good for a holiday these days
Why? Do they lock kids up for smoking a spliff there too
Old Oct 9th 2011, 12:21 am
Just Joined

MiekeNL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by deb68
So at fourteen he doesn't understand it is wrong to buy or smoke weed, let alone over the counter tobacco?
This is just why society is so buggered of late, to many people defending this type of behaviour, simply based on the persons age/gender life style whatever, he did it got caught, lock the little sod up.
I do hope you are joking
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:17 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I decided not to comment on this thread as, never having kids, it's easy for me to be the perfect parent

I'm quite shocked, puzzled, by some of your attitudes, though. I've been fourteen; hell I was clubbing at 14, with a well-developed Bacardi habit. I've never been into drugs though - I've tried them, I don't like them, I don't like how they make me feel, but I have no problems with other people doing them. I was part of the club scene for years and I've, ahem, associated with dealers so I'm not sure eddie can categorise me as "mainstream"

None of us knows what really happened in Kuta, and the newspapers are all putting their own special slant on things.

However I refuse to accept that a 14 year-old is too young to understand the risks of taking drugs in Asia, or anywhere. His parents should certainly understand them, there's been enough press about all the Aussies stuck in Kerobokan, and dealers are all over Kuta so IMHO they should have discussed this with him. (I'm also quite intrigued these "children" were going for massages. How many young teenage boys do that for fun? Unless they're expecting a happy ending.)

All this talk of Bali being barbaric, a third-world country - but one we're happy to go to on holiday.

Indonesia has a different culture, different rules. You might not like them, you might not agree with them, but if you go there you should know them and you should obey them. I don't agree with all the laws in Singapore, I don't condone the death penalty, but I went there knowing how it was, and that in their country I would behave how they expected me to or I would leave. I have acquaintances that have fallen foul of drug laws in Singapore and all I can say is, they're ****ing stupid.

Should he be in an adult prison? No, ideally not, but I think I read that Bali doesn't have a separate system for juveniles. You just can't think of this from your own perspective - it's NOT a western country.

I hope he's sent home soon. He's costing us all a fortune and the country yet more embarrassment at how stupid and arrogant some of its citizens can be in a foreign country where their own rules mean jack shit.

Funny that I see it like this and yet I'm the tree-hugging PC hippy of the forum, eh?
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:22 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Just read the first page on this thread and im shocked at debs68 stance on this lad
Yeears ago i used to drive a bus for aop's
One day as we drove up to their house there was two little kids walking along a wall
They were about 4 and 5 years old
One old dear turned to the other and said
They should break their f@ckin legs
With reeal anger too

I asked if they would shoot them should they dare to pull the head off a flower
Debs i can see you sittin on that bus one day

My parents had 10 kids and we all turned out fine
My mother used to cringe when hearing tales wwe got upto as kids and young adults
She was so sure wwe told her everything

I now cringe when my lot tell me what they got upto
And i was so sure that they were eeally honest with me
My daughter ask me for advice that most fathers wouldnt wanna hear never mind answer
So i was so sure i knew them inside out
Kids will never tell you everything!
And thats not just my lot
Thats teens all over
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Why? Do they lock kids up for smoking a spliff there too
exactly my point!
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:44 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
<snip>I now cringe when my lot tell me what they got upto
And i was so sure that they were eeally honest with me<snip>
I once had a boyfriend whose father was a headmaster at an inner-city school, who used to smugly go on about kids on drugs and how could their parents not know? Of course he would know.

He wasn't so smug when I told him one of his had moved on from pills to injecting and was at risk of killing himself (the other two did lots of pills, too).
Old Oct 9th 2011, 1:50 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
I once had a boyfriend whose father was a headmaster at an inner-city school, who used to smugly go on about kids on drugs and how could their parents not know? Of course he would know.

He wasn't so smug when I told him one of his had moved on from pills to injecting and was at risk of killing himself (the other two did lots of pills, too).
I rember a friends mother blaming me for her sons drug habit
I didnt have anything to do with drugs but it was easier for her to blame somene else rather than admit it was the fault of the person she brought up
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:03 am
Master of verbal pish©

Oh and another thing
Most teens wont tell their parents what their pals are up to
Because they know as parents you will judge their pals

I grew up with friends who smoked weed around me
They were not bad people and still not
They just couldnt afford to buy booze and booze wasnt cool at the time anyway lol

I good friend of mine when he was about 16 went to a local pub to buy some hash
I walked him down
He had to wait outside because of his age untill the guy cAme out
I got bored and nipped across the road to a petrol station to buy a drink
When i wlked out he was surrounded by police
The dealer was still in the pub so my mate was lucky
Until one of the policemmen searching him pulled a lump of hash from my mates pocket!
He didnt have it on him when i left about a minute ago
So the police trapped him fact!
If i didnt go for a drink that could have been me
Should i have been there in the first place?
No!
When i look back it was silly of me, but i was just walking my mate down so he wasnt bored
The thought of anything like that happening never crossed my mind
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere in my ramblings I mentioned Gillard and her jar of coffee and paper clips.... All of australias resources to help this lad.. SAS, milatory deploymemt, trade embargoes, lists of countries for australians to NOT visit on holiday ...like afhghanistan etc..

Maybe people SHOULD boycot countries whose "systems" are so alien to ours and judicial systems are so corrupt or unintelligable...
Old Oct 9th 2011, 2:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Seasider
I decided not to comment on this thread as, never having kids, it's easy for me to be the perfect parent

I'm quite shocked, puzzled, by some of your attitudes, though. I've been fourteen; hell I was clubbing at 14, with a well-developed Bacardi habit. I've never been into drugs though - I've tried them, I don't like them, I don't like how they make me feel, but I have no problems with other people doing them. I was part of the club scene for years and I've, ahem, associated with dealers so I'm not sure eddie can categorise me as "mainstream"

None of us knows what really happened in Kuta, and the newspapers are all putting their own special slant on things.

However I refuse to accept that a 14 year-old is too young to understand the risks of taking drugs in Asia, or anywhere. His parents should certainly understand them, there's been enough press about all the Aussies stuck in Kerobokan, and dealers are all over Kuta so IMHO they should have discussed this with him. (I'm also quite intrigued these "children" were going for massages. How many young teenage boys do that for fun? Unless they're expecting a happy ending.)

All this talk of Bali being barbaric, a third-world country - but one we're happy to go to on holiday.

Indonesia has a different culture, different rules. You might not like them, you might not agree with them, but if you go there you should know them and you should obey them. I don't agree with all the laws in Singapore, I don't condone the death penalty, but I went there knowing how it was, and that in their country I would behave how they expected me to or I would leave. I have acquaintances that have fallen foul of drug laws in Singapore and all I can say is, they're ****ing stupid.

Should he be in an adult prison? No, ideally not, but I think I read that Bali doesn't have a separate system for juveniles. You just can't think of this from your own perspective - it's NOT a western country.

I hope he's sent home soon. He's costing us all a fortune and the country yet more embarrassment at how stupid and arrogant some of its citizens can be in a foreign country where their own rules mean jack shit.

Funny that I see it like this and yet I'm the tree-hugging PC hippy of the forum, eh?

You were clubbing/drinking at 14...... Thats illegal, carries heavy penalties for alcohol vendors... Just As WRONG as buying/smoking a spliff AT 14 imho.... Who ever led you up that path should be recognised for the abuser of children that they are....And alochol is SO much more dangerous.... Look at alcohol related detahs in any country vs drug related deaths.... Beats me how people cant make that correlation
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Of course what the boy did is wrong but chucking him in an adult prison aboard with killers and peodophiles is not the answer. I think that's what people are saying.
Australia doesn't seem to have a problem locking up foreign national kids together with adults. ie boat people.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:25 am
Auntie Fa

Somewhere in my ramblings I mentioned Gillard and her jar of coffee and paper clips.... All of australias resources to help this lad.. SAS, milatory deploymemt, trade embargoes, lists of countries for australians to NOT visit on holiday ...like afhghanistan etc..

Maybe people SHOULD boycot countries whose "systems" are so alien to ours and judicial systems are so corrupt or unintelligable...
You can boycott wherever you like, eddie; likewise I will go wherever I like and boycott others as I see fit (and I do).

You were clubbing/drinking at 14...... Thats illegal, carries heavy penalties for alcohol vendors... Just As WRONG as buying/smoking a spliff AT 14 imho.... Who ever led you up that path should be recognised for the abuser of children that they are....And alochol is SO much more dangerous.... Look at alcohol related detahs in any country vs drug related deaths.... Beats me how people cant make that correlation
Nobody led me up that path Why can't I be responsible for my own actions? I never felt the need to do anything to fit in; I've never even smoked a cigarette.

My family circumstances required me to grow up fast.

I don't have an addictive personality, for which I am very thankful - I've had neither drink nor drug problem. I have/had friends with one or the other, or both, I've watched people destroy themselves, people with drug problems top themselves, I've attended AA meetings, I've driven 80 miles in the middle of the night more than once to rescue my mother from the violence of my prescription-addict sister (who I've had taken away in an ambulance twice), so please don't think you're the only one that understands any of this.
Old Oct 9th 2011, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Since the bali bombings and the main man being worshipped a hero and let off......and now this crap......it's beginning to look like not the best place in the world to find yourself holidaying with your family.

Personally I'd rather stitch my arse up without anesthetic than take my family to a third world country where life is valued less than a rat
Good, one less bogan to spoil my next Balinese holiday. This could turn out to be a positive for Bali if the increasing loutish behaviour in Bali by young Aussies decreases.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.