Reload this Page >

School Detentions in Australia

School Detentions in Australia

Old Aug 24th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

clarinsred is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: School Detentions in Australia

Originally Posted by JoanL
I must have been lucky - went to Heckmondwike Grammar school 1956-61 and corporal punishment was already long gone. One French bloke threatened to cane me - he was employed to teach us French pronunciation - I told him he'd better not dare think of laying a hand on me (I was a bolshie little so and so). He backed off immediately.
We had after school detention - Thursday nights one hour. I got that a couple of times, mainly for being 'mouthy'. I really didn't mind detention: I met all the interesting kids there.

PS One of my sons is a high school teacher - they still do detentions here in Queensland.
I can remembr being about 6 or 7 and I bit a boy for kissing me. I got called to the head teacher for this, as I approached him I wet myself because I was so scared of getting the cane. Needless to say he didn't bother if giving me the cane, if in fact that was his intention.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by clarinsred
I can remembr being about 6 or 7 and I bit a boy for kissing me. I got called to the head teacher for this, as I approached him I wet myself because I was so scared of getting the cane. Needless to say he didn't bother if giving me the cane, if in fact that was his intention.
THAT brings back a memory - I was older than you, about 14 or 15 and a lad at the judo club got me in some sort of lock and kissed me. I bit him, but I was still so furious that I tried a new throw on him - a shoulder throw of some sort that we'd just been taught. He went right over my head and hit the floor outside the mat and got concussion. (seeing him unconscious there I nearly wet MYself too!)

The ambulance came and they took him away. He was OK in the end, but, well, no other lads in the judo club took any interest in me after that.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

virginiec will become famous soon enough

Some excellent memories being dredged up here. Keep em coming!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Sarah17 will become famous soon enough

Well the last time i was punished at school was actually after i had left school. It happened during the few weeks when i was doing my gcse exams when you just went into school to do the exam and was allowed to wear your own clothes. However for one exam i went in a couple of hours early to get some last minute revising done and one of the teachers came in and told me what i was wearing was unsuitable to wear to school. What i was wearing wasnt particularly revealing but the skirt was shorter than the regulation length which shouldnt of mattered because i was wearing my own clothes and not in school uniform. I pointed out that as i was wearing my own clothes the uniform rules shouldnt apply to me but the teacher wasnt interested and not only sent me home to change but told me as i had come to school in inappropriate clothes i had to come back to take that exam and the remaining three exams in school uniform as a punishment! As you can imagine it was pretty humiliating for me as i ended up being the only one in the exams wearing uniform.

I cant beleive thats two years ago now and i cant beleive that in a couple of months im having to go back to school and go through the whole school thing again
Old Aug 30th 2008, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

Just a quick response to those parents who say kids are out of control these days...

You can't just blame the kids, you should blame yourselves as parents as you were the ones who brought us up, and your the generation that allowed us to be like this, probably because you got to stoned and drunk in the 80s !
Old Aug 31st 2008, 12:03 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
The real problem is that she admitted skipping PE to go shopping. What she should have done, is said she had an appointment at the doctors and then forged a fake parental note to verify said appointment.
That's what I did back in the day!
I even forged a few notes for my friends from time to time....

Even though I'm guilty of it myself I'll still be getting my daughter in trouble when the time comes Luckily I've got another 10 years to work out a plan!