Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

saw my mum cry today :(

Wikiposts

saw my mum cry today :(

Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default saw my mum cry today :(

well bumped into my mum at our local shopping centre this morning before i started work, we had a walk to the estate agents cos i'd run out of brochures.

while we were there an offer came in and as we were leaving another one did!!! F****** hell :scared: house only went in property guide friday!

well, off we were walking chatting away and we bumped into an old friend of mums from school who knew all about our impending move and sad to mum, oh wwont be long now will it lily?!! well, mum put her head down and was trying to speak to this woman and couldnt, she was crying ! then i had to hold back the tears but ive felt sad all day!

my parents have been really supportive and havent once said dont go but it made me realise just how hard its going to be leaving my mum and dad and if ryan ends up staying here too! soz for all the little saddy's!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: saw my mum cry today :(

Aww Deb Its the worst part innit.
My mums been crying for weeks and I feel crap
Both mine and Keiths mums are on their own and it cant be easy for them

Well there you go more saddy's
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
well bumped into my mum at our local shopping centre this morning before i started work, we had a walk to the estate agents cos i'd run out of brochures.

while we were there an offer came in and as we were leaving another one did!!! F****** hell :scared: house only went in property guide friday!

well, off we were walking chatting away and we bumped into an old friend of mums from school who knew all about our impending move and sad to mum, oh wwont be long now will it lily?!! well, mum put her head down and was trying to speak to this woman and couldnt, she was crying ! then i had to hold back the tears but ive felt sad all day!

my parents have been really supportive and havent once said dont go but it made me realise just how hard its going to be leaving my mum and dad and if ryan ends up staying here too! soz for all the little saddy's!

Sorry your so upset try to be positive at least the house should sell ok.

Sending a geordie hug )))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((
Mandy
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:33 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Usually it is rare a post upsets me. This one really has, to the point I can imagine your Mum.

Tell her you love her everyday, twice a day. Make the most of each day and when you start your new life, you email/phone/send videos of your new life to include her.

You are just moving forward and its down to your Mum that you are brave enough to do it, shes passed on her knowledge to you and now you are living for yourself.

Its going to be hard as you say, just make every day count from now on, for her and for you.

Im going because I feel upset (sorry, just me being a wuss)
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Sorry your so upset try to be positive at least the house should sell ok.

Sending a geordie hug )))))))))))))))((((((((((((((((
Mandy
thanks mand and hils! glad youre still up hilary thought i was on my own!!

eye, looks like the house will be sold this weekend!! cant believe it, so scary though cos one is a first time buyer and it could all be done and dusted in 6 weeks.

mum said it was because its becoming reality now, and it is! this whole process, all the paperwork, court crap etc, thats just not real is it?! but to sell your home is a different kettle of fish!

i've said that i'm going to buy tickets for mum an dad before we leave so they have something to look forward too and also getting them set up on the internet so they can have a web cam etc!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Usually it is rare a post upsets me. This one really has, to the point I can imagine your Mum.

Tell her you love her everyday, twice a day. Make the most of each day and when you start your new life, you email/phone/send videos of your new life to include her.

You are just moving forward and its down to your Mum that you are brave enough to do it, shes passed on her knowledge to you and now you are living for yourself.

Its going to be hard as you say, just make every day count from now on, for her and for you.

Im going because I feel upset (sorry, just me being a wuss)
sam, when i was writing it i swear i was thinking of you!!!! and can understand why its upset you and i apologise for that . i dont tell her i love her that often but she knows i do. funnily enough i went and bought a beautiful card that says on the front 'sweep a pathway through your dreams, the world is waiting at your feet' and it has a little girl sweeping up that looked like me as a kid 'yeah she was a slave driver my mother
i'm going to write her a letter inside it and post it to her just to tell her how i feel about her!!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks mand and hils! glad youre still up hilary thought i was on my own!!

eye, looks like the house will be sold this weekend!! cant believe it, so scary though cos one is a first time buyer and it could all be done and dusted in 6 weeks.

mum said it was because its becoming reality now, and it is! this whole process, all the paperwork, court crap etc, thats just not real is it?! but to sell your home is a different kettle of fish!

i've said that i'm going to buy tickets for mum an dad before we leave so they have something to look forward too and also getting them set up on the internet so they can have a web cam etc!

technology is a wonderful tool we are doing that for both sets of parents they will become 'silver surfers' unfortunatly we may not be able to afford tickets for them. Keep your chin up and good luck
Mandy
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:41 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

the MIL and FIL were exactly the same,very supportive all the way through.
personally i think it does`nt actually sink in for them until the house is on the market and under offer,that`s when the hope that you`ll change your mind finally leaves and the realisation that you are really going sets in
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
technology is a wonderful tool we are doing that for both sets of parents they will become 'silver surfers' unfortunatly we may not be able to afford tickets for them. Keep your chin up and good luck
Mandy
only reason i will be able to afford tickets is i'm a nurse whose expecting a whopping pay rise from agenda for change, about 4 grand
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by wengerboy
the MIL and FIL were exactly the same,very supportive all the way through.
personally i think it does`nt actually sink in for them until the house is on the market and under offer,that`s when the hope that you`ll change your mind finally leaves and the realisation that you are really going sets in

does it get easier though or is it always goin to be painful??
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:46 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I know exactly where your coming from Debs
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, debs.

I don't know what to say really as I'm not going to have that problem. I do know that losing my Mum has left a huge gap in my life so can relate to not having her about. I know it's different cos you're Mum can visit, but in a way it's the same as she won't be close enough to just pop in on when you feel like it.

I'm sure she feels the same.

Give her a big hug and tell her that you love her.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
I know exactly where your coming from Debs
crap int it bout time we met again for a cup of hot chocolate wi marshmallows again to cheer us up see, just mention chocolate and i'm smiling.

goin to meet a new be bud too next time we meet, killamarsh who works in town if you up for it?!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by WendyC
Aw, debs.

I don't know what to say really as I'm not going to have that problem. I do know that losing my Mum has left a huge gap in my life so can relate to not having her about. I know it's different cos you're Mum can visit, but in a way it's the same as she won't be close enough to just pop in on when you feel like it.

I'm sure she feels the same.

Give her a big hug and tell her that you love her.

now the lumps in my throat bloody hell, wish i'd never wrote it now!!

to all of you that have lost a parent then my heart goes out to you and i apologise if me talkin bout my mum is upsetting you!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 9:56 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

crap int it bout time we met again for a cup of hot chocolate wi marshmallows again to cheer us up see, just mention chocolate and i'm smiling.

goin to meet a new be bud too next time we meet, killamarsh who works in town if you up for it?!
aye course I am just let me know when oo and can you text me the hairdressers phone number Deb, need to make an appointment before our trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.