sausages.........

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sausages.........

Originally Posted by spartacus
Western suburbs, Moggill.

I'm being a bit unfair to ozzie sausages as there's a very good german butcher just around the corner from where we are, and he does a lovely sausage; a different variation on a sausage theme every time.
Moggil as in moggil road? The butcher in mount ommaney does an english sausage and cumberland sausage. Not bad either.

Jazzys
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Keith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond reputeKeith&Lol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs

How on earth did you know that?

The one in the middle looks more like black puddin than sausage

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1.../cyclists1.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Moggil as in moggil road? The butcher in mount ommaney does an english sausage and cumberland sausage. Not bad either.

Jazzys
The very end of same . . .
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

So which bloke is going to be bold enough to have a women-only poll asking where to find the best sausage?

TD
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
Any one tried....or knows what a Cumberland Sausage is....?
The reason i ask is a new company here in Adelaide, The British Sausage Company, [i kid you not] is advertising on radio that they make and sell genuine Cumberland Sausages..................mm
Prob a different kind of offal here, sausages here are poor.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

wanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant futurewanttobedownunder has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: sausages.........

For all the scottish,

Here is a recipe for square sliced sausage HHmmmmm
often called Lorne sausage (for the english).

Ingredients:
2 lbs Ground/minced Beef
2 lbs Ground Pork
3 Cups Fine Bread Crumbs
2 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Nutmeg
3 tsp Coriander
3 tsp Salt
1 Cup of water.

Method:
The beef and pork should not be too lean or the sausage may be too dry.
Mix really well by hand then place in an oblong pan (I use a 2lb loaf tin )about 10" x 4" x 3". You might need two pans. Place in the freezer for a little while till it's just starting to set. Remove it and cut them to the thicknes you like and put them into freezer bags and put them back in the freezer. When required, defrost and fry in a little fat or oil until brown and cooked through.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:46 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanttobedownunder
For all the scottish,

Here is a recipe for square sliced sausage HHmmmmm
often called Lorne sausage (for the english).

Actually it's called Lorne sausage on the east coast of Scotland too....only the weegies call it square sausage!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:08 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mr mover
Any one tried....or knows what a Cumberland Sausage is....?
The reason i ask is a new company here in Adelaide, The British Sausage Company, [i kid you not] is advertising on radio that they make and sell genuine Cumberland Sausages..................mm
The BSC sausages are fine, but the adverts are so crap, I wouldn't give them my business anymore.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nat1971 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
so where abouts in adelaide are The British Sausage Company?
i googled it and only got shops in WA ...

i have already found a shop that sells redcurrent jelly so i have dug out my cumberland sauce recipe ... all i need now are the sausages
Woolworths sell the British Sausage Co's sausages.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:55 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nat1971
Woolworths sell the British Sausage Co's sausages.
ooooh i will have to check that one out ... thanks
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond reputeBenandPam has a reputation beyond repute

Best pork sausages I have found in Melbourne are in South Melbourne Market. i forget the name of the butcher, but it is near the food court and is opposite the toilets. They do thick or thin sausages that taste great and don't give off loads of fat when you cook them. Only $6 or $7 a kilo as well