Wikiposts

SATS

Old May 11th 2008, 6:40 pm
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all
Default SATS

my poor Grandaughter has been up and dressed since 5 oclock this morning,
its the dreaded SATS exams today, she has been tossing and turning all night,

so to my beautiful grandaughter and all the other children in England and Oz

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMS,to all

nan,xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by nanny2six; May 11th 2008 at 7:01 pm.
Old May 11th 2008, 6:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SATS

yep it's the equivalent here(Perth) aswell, it's called NAPLAN. My son sits his this week (tues, wed and thurs) good luck to all our little darlings
Old May 11th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Both mine have them....eldest is 11, so it's SATS week for her, and other one is 9 (year 4), and she's got em an'all. Think it's too young for the 9 year old...specially mine, cos she might be 9, but she acts more like 6, so i don';t think she'll cope well.
Good luck to em all!!!!
Old May 11th 2008, 9:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Mine forgot she had them until she was about to walk through the school gates when she remembered!
Old May 11th 2008, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

eve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to alleve209 is a name known to all

Too much pressure is put on our children with these SATS, life is about more than passing an exam!
Old May 12th 2008, 1:35 am
Who's the nanny?

nanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to allnanny2six is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eve209
Too much pressure is put on our children with these SATS, life is about more than passing an exam!

my grandaughter came home from school at dinner time and said the science exam was too easy ive been biting my nails and worrying and she is as happy as larry,
she has said she is not going to be too confident though, she has the rest of the week to go yet english and maths over the next 4 days
Old May 12th 2008, 1:37 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

My 7 year old has them this week but the teachers help them out a bit to ease the pressure as they dont agree with them either.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:45 am

cheekivimto07 is an unknown quantity at this point

My son is sitting his SAT'S all this week, he said it was his Science today, i told him just to do the best he can and not to worry too much. My heart goes out to all children sitting them.
And the fact we wont know what hes got until we land in Oz, is even more daunting as i have to email the headmaster at his school in the UK to find out his results. Bless
Old May 12th 2008, 1:52 am
Who's the nanny?

Originally Posted by cheekivimto07
My son is sitting his SAT'S all this week, he said it was his Science today, i told him just to do the best he can and not to worry too much. My heart goes out to all children sitting them.
And the fact we wont know what hes got until we land in Oz, is even more daunting as i have to email the headmaster at his school in the UK to find out his results. Bless

thats what we said, do your best you cant do anymore, my grandaughter is 11years old so wants to do well for when she gets to Oz, we are very proud of her, but then what grandparent isnt
Old May 12th 2008, 11:00 am
Back in the UK

alicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond reputealicecat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winedonju
Both mine have them....eldest is 11, so it's SATS week for her, and other one is 9 (year 4), and she's got em an'all. Think it's too young for the 9 year old...specially mine, cos she might be 9, but she acts more like 6, so i don';t think she'll cope well.
Good luck to em all!!!!

The SATs are only for year 6. The exams your year 4 child is most likely doing are optional QCA papers. It is unfortunate that the school have decided to do them in the same week as the SATs as that does seem to put more emphasis on them then there needs to be. They are just a standardised assessment tool for teachers to coincide with their own judgements made throughout the year. This helps with setting future targets and support required.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Sick to death of hearing about SATS. My kids are both far too aware of them. Its a way of marking the performance of the SCHOOL, not our kids!!!

Lets just let them be kids for now. Life is shit enough after school
Old May 12th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RenShen
Sick to death of hearing about SATS. My kids are both far too aware of them. Its a way of marking the performance of the SCHOOL, not our kids!!!

Lets just let them be kids for now. Life is shit enough after school
Especially if you have no qualifications and no direction in life eh!!!
Old May 12th 2008, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eve209
But passing exams and getting on in life is important too surely

By assessing kids you can tell the academic ones from the practical, hands on ones and steer them in the right direction... They all have to be measured in some way...
Old May 12th 2008, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but these are not exams for the kids. Its to assess the school performance.

Any teacher worth their salt knows how a child is doing, what their strengths and weaknesses are and how to position them in the class. They dont need SATS to do that for them.

Formal exams in secondary schools are needed for the CHILDREN to take as qualifications to further education or jobs. Also the hope is that, by then they will have a bit of direction and the maturity to cope better with the stress.
Old May 12th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

I have always agreed with exams. I think life is about challenges and realising you have to really apply yourself at certain times is a life lesson. The fact kids do exams all at the same time now I think is great as it teaches them that the 2 weeks in the middle of May are test time. Kids are only under as much pressure as their parents put them under. Ultimatley you cant ignore Johnnys school work for 48 weeks of the year, hear at the school gates there are tests coming up get into a tizz, stress the kid with threats if he doesnt do well then blame the school when he doesnt....IMHO of course!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.