Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Same brand, different name...

Same brand, different name...

Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:09 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Same brand, different name...

Originally Posted by Mrs Vash
So vitaBrits is no better than Weetbix which also tastes of cardboard. Back to square one.
Back to rectangular cuboid actually. Perhaps you could sand off the corners?

Last edited by WillBlack; Nov 6th 2009 at 10:11 am.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Just after some advice not some wise guy cracks, thanks.
What did you think your were gunna get J some real advice??? sorry hun wrong place for that only "funny guys" here

But to answer you I've not seen any here but will keep a look out for you new time I send the maid out shopping
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:14 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WillBlack
Advice: cook.
I do cook, thanks. Why do you think I'm after these things. Don't get involved with things you obviously don't understand.

Originally Posted by steveandtina
What did you think your were gunna get J some real advice??? sorry hun wrong place for that only "funny guys" here

But to answer you I've not seen any here but will keep a look out for you new time I send the maid out shopping
Cheers hun.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:19 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute

I do cook, thanks. Why do you think I'm after these things. Don't get involved with things you obviously don't understand.
Sorry, I assumed you needed a poultice to draw a boil brought on by eating baked beans.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emelems
WIsh someone would import Shreddies

Em x
Funny you mention Shreddies. Apparently, if I remember correctly, Shreddies are only exported to NZ & Canada and that is all. Wonderful presentation I saw where the chap talked about a young kid from an ad agency in NZ who had to come up with a new idea for selling them and he 'turned' them into diamonds. Quality bit of impro... but back to the task, you can possibly import them from NZ...

As for the other names, the curse of Americanisation on Australia takes hold. I love the USA< but would rather Australia did not become an off-shoot, language-wise, of the States. Bandaid, diapers and the like are all from the US and, in my view, mostly down to the inability over the past 15 or so years for the TV stations here to ever make theior own programmes and just buy cheap American rubbish thus influicitng the ewntire population with US brands and names.

The country was built on the poms (fair enough) and then established it's own off-shoot of langguage with English as abase. Fair enough again. But to start being American is silly but getting worse...

Stay Australian Australia - I liked it when you were...
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:34 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I assumed you needed a poultice to draw a boil brought on by eating baked beans.
Stick to your capabilities. You're obviously an egg and chips kind of person.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:42 am
Banned

Stick to your capabilities. You're obviously an egg and chips kind of person.
Sir / Madam / Other,

Is fabricating Harissa paste beyond you or merely beneath you?

If beyond then no hope for your cooking. Beneath then arse the servants.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:43 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Same brand, different name...

Originally Posted by slipshot
Funny you mention Shreddies. Apparently, if I remember correctly, Shreddies are only exported to NZ & Canada and that is all.
Shreddies is owned by Nestlé now, so they're not even truly British anymore.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:48 am
aka bunja

Sir / Madam / Other,

Thanks for that. Bring me some harissa paste, servant.
Old Nov 6th 2009, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Sir / Madam / Other,

I think you may need to look at getting your medication changed.................
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:01 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I'm officially surprised. Had a look in the supermarket the other day and not a bar to be seen.
We found it in a fair few places when we visited Sydney & Melbourne, but trust me, it's not the same as Galaxy

General consensus from our own Chocolate Consultants, who made it their mission to find a decent Oz chocolate, was that is was gluey & tasteless. Further research from other Consultants resident in the Melbourne area backed up our findings & consequently we had to bring our own supply on our most recent visit!
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:06 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Sir / Madam / Other,

One of the (many) examples of how BE is fast becoming the last refuge of the mad, bad & sad...

votes please on which category this genius fits into
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:13 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JenniGee
One of the (many) examples of how BE is fast becoming the last refuge of the mad, bad & sad...

votes please on which category this genius fits into
I vote for mad
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I might be wrong but I think that Willblack might be hinting that its possible, even quite easy, to make these items yourself and that a "real" cook would do so
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:23 am
Banned

Originally Posted by RenShen
I might be wrong but I think that Willblack might be hinting that its possible, even quite easy, to make these items yourself and that a "real" cook would do so
Credit card users tend to find it more difficult but.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.