Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Sad news about BundyMum

Sad news about BundyMum

Old Dec 20th 2005, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

funkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant futurefunkybuddah has a brilliant future
Default Re: Sad news about BundyMum

Sorry to hear the sad loss of your mum. She will always be with you in spirit.
Unfortunatley, its always the good ones we loose.
Thinking of you all. Good luck with the funeral arrangements as I really do understand how difficult it all is and how spaced out you must feel.
Sending big hugs, Sharon and Andy.xxxx
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:51 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey everyone,

Well, the funeral has been and gone. It was a good day, which sounds strange, but is true nonetheless.

We all went to see mum for the last time at the funeral home on Thursday evening. I knew exactly what my mum would have said - 'they've done a good job, darling, even got my hair under control'. She looked beautiful, somehow even more beautiful than she did the night she died. She was dressed in the outfit she wore for my brother's wedding and she looked positively regal. Hard saying goodbye, but nice to be able to give her a final kiss.

We chose to have the funeral before Christmas, as mum wanted, so that we can try to start the new year afresh, but this meant that few of the family and friends from the UK could be with us at such short notice, two days before Christmas. Nonetheless, the church was full. Mum had chosen the funeral directors especially as she has a friend who was a hospice nurse for a long time but who then moved to help set up the funeral directors. It was the first funeral she had arranged and she did a fantastic job - she even walked in front of the hearse on the way to the church (mum would have been so embarrassed at the delay to traffic!).

It was a celebration of life, not a funeral. Nobody wore black, there was no mourning although there were tears. We sang happy hymns, finishing with Hark the Herald which was my mum's favourite carol, and a good one for belting out. The choir was there so they even did the descant, just as mum would have done had she been there to sing. My uncle did a cracking tribute making everyone laugh. I didn't cry. Slightly worried about. Even the cremation wasn't as bad as I feared (I HATE cremations). Was just about to wobble when the coffin started to trundle through the doors, until I saw the little old man turning the crank which made me smile.

After the cremation we all piled back into the official cars which drove us right the way to the other end of the island, along the coast road, down the slipway and onto the beach. People must have wondered what on earth we were doing, and we all found it pretty amusing. Not often you see a funeral cortege trundling onto the beach! Family and friends caught us up and we all walked along the beach, pausing at the spot where my dad had proposed to my mum 36 years ago. People had brought their kids and their dogs and we were ambling along, playing frisbee, throwing sticks for the dogs. It was lovely. Then it was up to the little surfers cafe which is almost a second home to us for mulled wine and mince pies. There was lots of laughter and a lovely atmosphere. Mum would have loved it.

Almost everyone has left now, just me and my dad and my younger brother. It feels very strange and the full impact of what has happened has yet to kick in. It's hard to believe that we won't see mum again, although all sorts of bizarre things keep happening to convince thus that she is very definitely close by. Hope she stays this close.

We had strict orders to do Christmas as normal, so the other two are out Christmas shopping (typical men) and I'm about to ice the Christmas cake. It will be a hard day tomorrow - one of many, I suspect - but we will be happy nonetheless.

Thank you for your continued messages of support and good wishes. They mean so much.

Have a happy Christmas one and all.

Bundy and family xx
Old Dec 24th 2005, 1:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bundy
Hey everyone,

Well, the funeral has been and gone. It was a good day, which sounds strange, but is true nonetheless.

We all went to see mum for the last time at the funeral home on Thursday evening. I knew exactly what my mum would have said - 'they've done a good job, darling, even got my hair under control'. She looked beautiful, somehow even more beautiful than she did the night she died. She was dressed in the outfit she wore for my brother's wedding and she looked positively regal. Hard saying goodbye, but nice to be able to give her a final kiss.

We chose to have the funeral before Christmas, as mum wanted, so that we can try to start the new year afresh, but this meant that few of the family and friends from the UK could be with us at such short notice, two days before Christmas. Nonetheless, the church was full. Mum had chosen the funeral directors especially as she has a friend who was a hospice nurse for a long time but who then moved to help set up the funeral directors. It was the first funeral she had arranged and she did a fantastic job - she even walked in front of the hearse on the way to the church (mum would have been so embarrassed at the delay to traffic!).

It was a celebration of life, not a funeral. Nobody wore black, there was no mourning although there were tears. We sang happy hymns, finishing with Hark the Herald which was my mum's favourite carol, and a good one for belting out. The choir was there so they even did the descant, just as mum would have done had she been there to sing. My uncle did a cracking tribute making everyone laugh. I didn't cry. Slightly worried about. Even the cremation wasn't as bad as I feared (I HATE cremations). Was just about to wobble when the coffin started to trundle through the doors, until I saw the little old man turning the crank which made me smile.

After the cremation we all piled back into the official cars which drove us right the way to the other end of the island, along the coast road, down the slipway and onto the beach. People must have wondered what on earth we were doing, and we all found it pretty amusing. Not often you see a funeral cortege trundling onto the beach! Family and friends caught us up and we all walked along the beach, pausing at the spot where my dad had proposed to my mum 36 years ago. People had brought their kids and their dogs and we were ambling along, playing frisbee, throwing sticks for the dogs. It was lovely. Then it was up to the little surfers cafe which is almost a second home to us for mulled wine and mince pies. There was lots of laughter and a lovely atmosphere. Mum would have loved it.

Almost everyone has left now, just me and my dad and my younger brother. It feels very strange and the full impact of what has happened has yet to kick in. It's hard to believe that we won't see mum again, although all sorts of bizarre things keep happening to convince thus that she is very definitely close by. Hope she stays this close.

We had strict orders to do Christmas as normal, so the other two are out Christmas shopping (typical men) and I'm about to ice the Christmas cake. It will be a hard day tomorrow - one of many, I suspect - but we will be happy nonetheless.

Thank you for your continued messages of support and good wishes. They mean so much.

Have a happy Christmas one and all.

Bundy and family xx
(deep breath)

I hope I can find the strength you have had right from the begining.

Happy Christmas Bundy and family, may your mum rest in peace and my mum shortly follow her to join her in a place that we can only dream about.

Love Sam
Old Dec 24th 2005, 2:08 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
(deep breath)

Happy Christmas Bundy and family, may your mum rest in peace and my mum shortly follow her to join her in a place that we can only dream about.

Love Sam
Aye Bundy, aye Sam............peace and happiness is all we can really strive for.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 3:02 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Bundy, Wow what a send off. I'm sure your mum would have been proud. I think it is hard saying goodbye but it's the remembering that makes it. I hope you find the strength to get through this and as you said start afresh.

Ginny

p.s. Sam, thoughts are with you also.
Old Dec 24th 2005, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

How wonderful to give your Mum such a touching send off.
She sounds like such a lovely person.

I admire you and your family's courage, dignity and love for her.

All the best for 2006.
Old Dec 25th 2005, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Dear All,

I'm sad to say that BundyMum died at 11.12pm last night after a postively heroic battle. She asked to be transferred to the hospice where she died peacefully, surrounded by family (we were all there). Althought it was incredibly hard to watch, the end was peaceful and free of pain or distress.

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while now, but to those of you who knew BundyMum's story, and offered such amazing support, advice and good wishes, thank you. It has been appreciated more than you will know.

Sadness and happiness mixed together, but mainly we all miss the most fantastic mother, wife, sister, daughter and (nearly) granny anyone could wish for.

Bundy xx

Bundy....I am so sorry i do remember when your mom got sick...You were so brave.....Bless you dear and your family............

Jeannie....
Old Dec 25th 2005, 11:09 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
(deep breath)

Love Sam

Hi Sam my lovely - lots of thoughts, prayers and a great big bear hug on its way to you. You are stronger than you know, and your mum will give you strength when you need it most. Trust me.

I lit a candle in church this morning for your mum as well as mine. Tell your mum to find my mum when she goes (hopefully a while yet) and she'll be sure of a friendly welcome and a beaming smile.

Lots of love,

Bxx
Old Jan 17th 2006, 4:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

A few people have asked if I have any photos of BundyMum that I could post. So here are two. First is of mum and dad on their wedding day, the second is my favourite photo of mum, taken in July 2004 at my brother's wedding, just after she had finished her first course of radiotherapy.
Attached Thumbnails Sad news about BundyMum-m-d.jpg   Sad news about BundyMum-wallet-photo.jpg  
Old Jan 17th 2006, 5:31 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news - I've been away from the boards for a while and so hadn't seen it before. Those are lovely photos - what a lovely smile she had.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take good care of yourselves

Rach xxxx

Last edited by tygwyn; Jan 17th 2006 at 5:36 pm.
Old Jan 17th 2006, 6:40 pm
It's not my real name....

coolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of lightcoolie is a glorious beacon of light

So sorry to hear about your mum!

Hope you and the family are coping alright!

Love to you all

xx
Old Jan 18th 2006, 3:07 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

A few people have asked if I have any photos of BundyMum that I could post. So here are two. First is of mum and dad on their wedding day, the second is my favourite photo of mum, taken in July 2004 at my brother's wedding, just after she had finished her first course of radiotherapy.
Beautiful photo's Bundy. She didn't change much at all, did she? Bundy Dad looks rather spiffy too in his wedding gear....bless....

How are you doing?

Sue
Old Jan 20th 2006, 12:34 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Beautiful photo's Bundy. She didn't change much at all, did she? Bundy Dad looks rather spiffy too in his wedding gear....bless....

How are you doing?

Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm not doing too badly, thanks. Been very busy at work since I got back, but that's not bad thing, and they're all being really lovely to me so it's quite nice to be back. It all caught up with me a little earlier in the week but I needed to let go of some of the stuff I've been sitting on, and I felt better for a good night of sobbing!

BundyDad is hanging in there - we all phone him every night to check that he's ok and he seems to be, although it's hard to tell from a distance. He's got plenty of projects to get on with though. I think he'll be ok.

So, yep, ticking on basically...
Old Jan 20th 2006, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue,

I'm not doing too badly, thanks. Been very busy at work since I got back, but that's not bad thing, and they're all being really lovely to me so it's quite nice to be back. It all caught up with me a little earlier in the week but I needed to let go of some of the stuff I've been sitting on, and I felt better for a good night of sobbing!

BundyDad is hanging in there - we all phone him every night to check that he's ok and he seems to be, although it's hard to tell from a distance. He's got plenty of projects to get on with though. I think he'll be ok.

So, yep, ticking on basically...
bundy, i've only just seen the thread!! i'm so sorry that you lost your mum, dont know what to say!

i hope you're doing ok! tthe photos are lovely

dont be a stranger

debbie x
Old Feb 21st 2006, 4:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

Well, it's not all bad news in Bundy World....

...meet my new nephew, BundyBaby, born on 15 Feb (3 weeks early).
Attached Thumbnails Sad news about BundyMum-baby.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.