British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Sad news about BundyMum (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/sad-news-about-bundymum-343202/)

Woodstock62 Dec 24th 2005 4:56 pm

Re: Sad news about BundyMum

How wonderful to give your Mum such a touching send off.
She sounds like such a lovely person.

I admire you and your family's courage, dignity and love for her.

All the best for 2006.

jeannie Dec 25th 2005 2:17 am

Originally Posted by bundy
Dear All,

I'm sad to say that BundyMum died at 11.12pm last night after a postively heroic battle. She asked to be transferred to the hospice where she died peacefully, surrounded by family (we were all there). Althought it was incredibly hard to watch, the end was peaceful and free of pain or distress.

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while now, but to those of you who knew BundyMum's story, and offered such amazing support, advice and good wishes, thank you. It has been appreciated more than you will know.

Sadness and happiness mixed together, but mainly we all miss the most fantastic mother, wife, sister, daughter and (nearly) granny anyone could wish for.

Bundy xx

Bundy....I am so sorry i do remember when your mom got sick...You were so brave.....Bless you dear and your family............

Jeannie....

bundy Dec 25th 2005 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
(deep breath)

I hope I can find the strength you have had right from the begining.

Happy Christmas Bundy and family, may your mum rest in peace and my mum shortly follow her to join her in a place that we can only dream about.

Love Sam

Hi Sam my lovely - lots of thoughts, prayers and a great big bear hug on its way to you. You are stronger than you know, and your mum will give you strength when you need it most. Trust me.

I lit a candle in church this morning for your mum as well as mine. Tell your mum to find my mum when she goes (hopefully a while yet) and she'll be sure of a friendly welcome and a beaming smile.

Lots of love,

Bxx

bundy Jan 17th 2006 4:48 pm

2 Attachment(s)
A few people have asked if I have any photos of BundyMum that I could post. So here are two. First is of mum and dad on their wedding day, the second is my favourite photo of mum, taken in July 2004 at my brother's wedding, just after she had finished her first course of radiotherapy.

Mrs Jackaroo Jan 17th 2006 5:31 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this very sad news - I've been away from the boards for a while and so hadn't seen it before. Those are lovely photos - what a lovely smile she had.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Take good care of yourselves

Rach xxxx

coolie Jan 17th 2006 6:40 pm

So sorry to hear about your mum!

Hope you and the family are coping alright!

Love to you all

xx

Bella Donna Jan 18th 2006 3:07 am

A few people have asked if I have any photos of BundyMum that I could post. So here are two. First is of mum and dad on their wedding day, the second is my favourite photo of mum, taken in July 2004 at my brother's wedding, just after she had finished her first course of radiotherapy.

Beautiful photo's Bundy. She didn't change much at all, did she? Bundy Dad looks rather spiffy too in his wedding gear....bless....:)

How are you doing?

Sue

bundy Jan 20th 2006 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Beautiful photo's Bundy. She didn't change much at all, did she? Bundy Dad looks rather spiffy too in his wedding gear....bless....:)

How are you doing?

Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm not doing too badly, thanks. Been very busy at work since I got back, but that's not bad thing, and they're all being really lovely to me so it's quite nice to be back. It all caught up with me a little earlier in the week but I needed to let go of some of the stuff I've been sitting on, and I felt better for a good night of sobbing!

BundyDad is hanging in there - we all phone him every night to check that he's ok and he seems to be, although it's hard to tell from a distance. He's got plenty of projects to get on with though. I think he'll be ok.

So, yep, ticking on basically...

debbiemc Jan 20th 2006 2:02 pm

Hi Sue,

I'm not doing too badly, thanks. Been very busy at work since I got back, but that's not bad thing, and they're all being really lovely to me so it's quite nice to be back. It all caught up with me a little earlier in the week but I needed to let go of some of the stuff I've been sitting on, and I felt better for a good night of sobbing!

BundyDad is hanging in there - we all phone him every night to check that he's ok and he seems to be, although it's hard to tell from a distance. He's got plenty of projects to get on with though. I think he'll be ok.

So, yep, ticking on basically...

bundy, i've only just seen the thread!! i'm so sorry that you lost your mum, dont know what to say!

i hope you're doing ok! tthe photos are lovely

dont be a stranger :)

debbie x

bundy Feb 21st 2006 4:45 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it's not all bad news in Bundy World....

...meet my new nephew, BundyBaby, born on 15 Feb (3 weeks early).

Irish Aussie Teen Feb 21st 2006 4:46 pm

Awwww he's adorable! :p

Tweenies Feb 21st 2006 4:53 pm

He's Gorgeous :)

Wendy Feb 21st 2006 4:56 pm

How cute is he !!!!!!!

Fab news.

:beer:

jcapulet Feb 21st 2006 5:11 pm

Dear All,

I'm sad to say that BundyMum died at 11.12pm last night after a postively heroic battle. She asked to be transferred to the hospice where she died peacefully, surrounded by family (we were all there). Althought it was incredibly hard to watch, the end was peaceful and free of pain or distress.

I know I've been absent from the forum for a while now, but to those of you who knew BundyMum's story, and offered such amazing support, advice and good wishes, thank you. It has been appreciated more than you will know.

Sadness and happiness mixed together, but mainly we all miss the most fantastic mother, wife, sister, daughter and (nearly) granny anyone could wish for.

Bundy xx

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Bundy :(

sme Feb 21st 2006 5:57 pm

Dear All,

Bundy xx

So sorry to hear of your loss. My good wishes and thoughts are with you and your family at what must be a sad and difficult time :(
Gillian

tiredwithtwins Feb 21st 2006 7:05 pm

aw.....he's a real cutie pie!!!!

congratulations aunty bundy........your mum would have been dead proud!!

*hugs*

sue x

joho Feb 21st 2006 7:15 pm

I missed this post at christmas as I was laid up for a couple of weeks. I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I had followed your previous threads.

Your new nephew is a cutie and will bring some joy back to the family, what have they called him.

Jo

debbiemc Feb 21st 2006 7:35 pm

he's an absolute beauty bundy :)

hope you and all the family are keeping well, it'd be lovely to catch up soon

congratulations on your little nephew

debs x

wannabetherenow Feb 21st 2006 8:53 pm

my thoughts are with you Bundy!
I know just how it feels. My mum died 8 years ago of cancer and my father is also dying from the disease now.
Its difficult planning my new life in australia when I know that my dads future is so uncertain. I just pray that he doesnt suffer.

atleast your mum isn't suffering now x
xxxxxx
wannabe

ub40fan Feb 21st 2006 9:17 pm

Aw Bundy he is gorgeous! I love babies, but they grow too fast!

moneypenny20 Feb 21st 2006 10:26 pm

Many congrats to your brother and his wife Bundy. Hope you and the rest of the Bundy's are all well.

Simone Feb 21st 2006 11:22 pm

Ahhh, how cute!!!!
Congrats to all the Bundy's!!!

So, how close to BundyBaby do you live? Hopefully close enough to make regurlar visits!!

And how are you? And BundyDad?

bundy Feb 22nd 2006 12:15 pm

Thanks everyone. BundyBaby is indeed a cutie.

Simone - my brother and s-i-l live down south so it's about a 4 or 5 hour drive to get there. We went down at the weekend, but it's a bit of a trek, so I doubt we'll go down there as often as we'd like. But we get regular photo updates and will be seeing them all at family get togethers etc, so not too bad.

For all those that asked, we're doing ok, thanks. The last couple of months have been very difficult. Adjusting to not having mum around is hard, but it's harder adjusting to no longer being on high alert. Life feels somehow rather boring, which may sound odd, but I mean that it's strange knowing that there are no high dramas on the horizon - life just ticks on. Not that I miss the stress of last minute dashes to Jersey, but it's odd knowing that it's no longer about to happen every second. I still have trouble phoning my dad as it was always my mum that answered, and knowing that she won't pick up the phone knocks the wind out of my sails each time.

A dearly beloved great aunt (mum's aunt) died just over a week ago which was sad and chafed on healing wounds. Her funeral was last week, coincidentially at the exact time that my nephew was being born only about 5 miles away!!! The good thing was that my dad was over for the funeral, so he was there for the arrival of bubba too. Great timing in many ways.

My younger brother is still struggling to find a job having been knocked back at second interview stage on the last two occasions. He's pretty low, so there's still plenty for me to worry about.

BundyDad is doing well. He's got lots to do to keep him busy. It's very hard for him over there in a big old house, all on his own, but he's doing a lot better than expected. We're going over next week for what would have been mum's 59th birthday.

So, we're all getting on ok. My GP suspects that I'm coping a bit too well and not grieving quite enough, so I'm off to the counsellor this afternoon in an attempt to stave off the massive emotional breakdown my GP seems to think is heading my way! I don't believe it personally, but then I wouldn't, would I ;)

Hope everyone is ok,

Bundy :)

moneypenny20 Feb 22nd 2006 12:28 pm

So, we're all getting on ok. My GP suspects that I'm coping a bit too well and not grieving quite enough, so I'm off to the counsellor this afternoon in an attempt to stave off the massive emotional breakdown my GP seems to think is heading my way! I don't believe it personally, but then I wouldn't, would I ;)

Hope everyone is ok,

Bundy :)

GP sounds a bit of an ass. Doesn't he/she realise everyone copes and deals with grief in different ways :rolleyes:

Good luck to you all.

Wendy Feb 22nd 2006 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
GP sounds a bit of an ass. Doesn't he/she realise everyone copes and deals with grief in different ways :rolleyes:

Good luck to you all.

When my mum died I didn't "grieve" in the conventional way either. It hit me about a year later. Everyone takes it at their own pace. Bundy will deal with it when she is ready.

GP's eh, think they know it all :rolleyes:

bundy Feb 22nd 2006 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
When my mum died I didn't "grieve" in the conventional way either. It hit me about a year later. Everyone takes it at their own pace. Bundy will deal with it when she is ready.

GP's eh, think they know it all :rolleyes:

I think my GP forgets that we knew my mum's cancer was terminal when it was diagnosed and therefore had two years to deal with it. We did, in effect, grieve for much of those two years. The hospice staff were so amazing - truly amazing - at getting us to talk and think about how we were feeling that I feel like I've done my grieving. I cry when I need to, and I feel happy too when I think about mum. There's a sense of emptiness and I miss her very much indeed. But I don't think I'm sitting on my grief...I just think I've dealt with it in different ways.

And then there's the fact that when I went for pre-bereavement counselling ( :rolleyes: ) they told me that I was basically uncounsellable, if that makes sense, because I'm highly analytical, very self-aware, not in any denial and totally in control of my emotions. Basically, the problems I had were practical (at the time, mum's illness, dad's breakdown, my impending redundancy, the break up with Mr B etc etc and now, well, mum's death). The problems are still practical so I deal with them practically, by talking about them with family and friends and allowing myself to feel sad.

But hey-ho. I'm sure it won't do any harm to go to the counsellor and just check that I'm not, in fact, living a life of total denial!

BTW - I've got a place on the Great North Run and will be running for mum's hospice cos I promised I would. See, doing something practical yet again ;)

Wendy Feb 22nd 2006 12:50 pm

I think my GP forgets that we knew my mum's cancer was terminal when it was diagnosed and therefore had two years to deal with it. We did, in effect, grieve for much of those two years. The hospice staff were so amazing - truly amazing - at getting us to talk and think about how we were feeling that I feel like I've done my grieving. I cry when I need to, and I feel happy too when I think about mum. There's a sense of emptiness and I miss her very much indeed. But I don't think I'm sitting on my grief...I just think I've dealt with it in different ways.

And then there's the fact that when I went for pre-bereavement counselling ( :rolleyes: ) they told me that I was basically uncounsellable, if that makes sense, because I'm highly analytical, very self-aware, not in any denial and totally in control of my emotions. Basically, the problems I had were practical (at the time, mum's illness, dad's breakdown, my impending redundancy, the break up with Mr B etc etc and now, well, mum's death). The problems are still practical so I deal with them practically, by talking about them with family and friends and allowing myself to feel sad.

But hey-ho. I'm sure it won't do any harm to go to the counsellor and just check that I'm not, in fact, living a life of total denial!

BTW - I've got a place on the Great North Run and will be running for mum's hospice cos I promised I would. See, doing something practical yet again ;)

It was the same for me as my Mum had terminal cancer for over a year aswell, so I can relate to what you are saying. There is times even now that I think of her and feel really sad (she died August 2004) and others where I sit and giggle at the silly things she did or said.

I think you are doing fine and sounds to me like you are enjoying life. I'm sure that's what your Mum would have wanted.

bundy Feb 22nd 2006 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
It was the same for me as my Mum had terminal cancer for over a year aswell, so I can relate to what you are saying. There is times even now that I think of her and feel really sad (she died August 2004) and others where I sit and giggle at the silly things she did or said.

I think you are doing fine and sounds to me like you are enjoying life. I'm sure that's what your Mum would have wanted.

...sometimes I feel secretly jealous that I can seem to bring myself to wallow in self-pity, wail and howl and be bloodyminded, lose 6 stone and look distracted... ;)

Simone Feb 22nd 2006 12:55 pm

Sounds like you're coping just fine, for your situation! (well, according to what I've learned from tv ;) )
Geez, and how long does the 'bad luck' have to go on for!! Hope your brother gets a job soon!

So how is your job going? Is it going anywhere?
Not sure about mine at the moment, though it's going to look much better on my resume than 'receptionist', and I'll be able to get something better in a year or so.

Well, 4/5 hours away from the baby, that's nothing for you after living in Nundle!! Good stuff! :)

Ohhh, good luck with the run! Are you training for it? (it sounds like it's some sort of marathon?)

Simone Feb 22nd 2006 1:04 pm

...sometimes I feel secretly jealous that I can seem to bring myself to wallow in self-pity, wail and howl and be bloodyminded, lose 6 stone and look distracted... ;)

6 stone! I have no idea how many kilos that is, I just know it's plenty, and you were already thin. Right, it's dinner time for you now isn't it? STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO AND EAT. AND HAVE A BIG DESSERT.

bundy Feb 23rd 2006 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Simone
6 stone! I have no idea how many kilos that is, I just know it's plenty, and you were already thin. Right, it's dinner time for you now isn't it? STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND GO AND EAT. AND HAVE A BIG DESSERT.

Well the six stone thing was a bit of an exaggeration, but it's the principle that counts....

Counselling session proved that I am not, in fact, nuts. Just mildly depressed (!!!) and suffering from nervous anxiety. In other words, I worry to much, about too many things and too many people. And with my family history of OCD, panic disorder, social anxiety (and that's just my dad!), I'm being referred for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to stop me winding myself up.

Now I'm worried about that :rolleyes:

Grayling Feb 23rd 2006 3:15 pm

I'm being referred for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to stop me winding myself up.

I do CBT for a living :)
If you want any information just ask.

G

Desdemona Feb 23rd 2006 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling

G

Lovely to see you G :) Ah Bundy good to hear you dealing with your loss. Just take care ok?

bundy Feb 23rd 2006 3:41 pm

G

Ah yes, so you do. I remember now.

I've been given vast chapters of Mind Over Mood to read. Bound to have questions after that....

How are you G? Long time, no hear (although clearly I've been in hiding for a while now ;) )

Grayling Feb 23rd 2006 3:45 pm

Ah yes, so you do. I remember now.

I've been given vast chapters of Mind Over Mood to read. Bound to have questions after that....

How are you G? Long time, no hear (although clearly I've been in hiding for a while now ;) )

Im Ok thanks.

Sorry about all your bad news.

I don't pop in all that often now....far too busy :o

Have a look here:

http://www.babcp.org.uk/

G

bundy Feb 23rd 2006 3:46 pm

Im Ok thanks.

Sorry about all your bad news.

I don't pop in all that often now....far too busy :o

Have a look here:

http://www.babcp.org.uk/

G

Thanks G, you're a star.

My dad's been having CBT for the last year now and it's done wonders for him, so I know it works. I'm being open-minded - I didn't think I was that bad.

Grayling Feb 23rd 2006 3:48 pm

I'm being open-minded - I didn't think I was that bad.

Prevention is better than cure ;)

G

bundy Feb 23rd 2006 3:49 pm

Prevention is better than cure ;)

G

Very true. And I doubt I'm the best qualified person to judge my own mental state.

Oooh, a world without worrying. I won't know what to do with myself. :rolleyes:

Grayling Feb 23rd 2006 3:51 pm

Very true. And I doubt I'm the best qualified person to judge my own mental state.

Oooh, a world without worrying. I won't know what to do with myself. :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with worrying....it is a natural process.

It's what you worry about that matters.

G

bundy Feb 23rd 2006 3:52 pm

Nothing wrong with worrying....it is a natural process.

It's what you worry about that matters.

G

Bl*ody everything.

I even worry that I'm not worrying if I don't have anything to worry about...