Running Club

Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:06 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running Club

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Bl00dy hell Emma...what a pain in the butt!

Well done for running it twice!

You should talk to iPom because between you you have two halves of the kit and you should be able to make a whole one between you.
Good thinkins mate, I'll talk to iPom about it, cheers
Old Feb 15th 2008, 11:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
thanks, i was hoping for closer to the 2 hour mark as my usual lunch time training runs are 10ks in an hour descending and ascending a really steep trail

i ended up having to walk probably 4ks on and off at the end with a sore knee which probably accounts for the extra 20 mins
i would say maybe next time, but then there isn't going to be a next time :shakeshead:
Just thought I'd re-awaken this old thread!

Bet you a pint you can't resist another organised race. Maybe not another half mara, but at least a 5 or 10k.

Anyone in here running in Adelaide at the moment? I did the Casual Beach Bash from Henley Jetty to Grange Jetty and back yesterday. Nice run, but the high tide meant there wasn't much firm sand, and there was a killer headwind on the return leg. Only about 4k, hoped for a sub-17 minute, but only did 19:18 in the end. Still, got 8th place, so quite happy.

Mr JJS, aka Jensen Healey.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:52 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jojosan
Just thought I'd re-awaken this old thread!

Bet you a pint you can't resist another organised race. Maybe not another half mara, but at least a 5 or 10k.

Anyone in here running in Adelaide at the moment? I did the Casual Beach Bash from Henley Jetty to Grange Jetty and back yesterday. Nice run, but the high tide meant there wasn't much firm sand, and there was a killer headwind on the return leg. Only about 4k, hoped for a sub-17 minute, but only did 19:18 in the end. Still, got 8th place, so quite happy.

Mr JJS, aka Jensen Healey.
ayup J, possibly I'd be buying you a pint then
need to get out there and start running a race again
you've got me thinking now... runners in the car for tomorrow lunchtime! cheers
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:58 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still running! Although still never got round to doing an organised run.

Go out once or twice every week and still really enjoying it. It's nice now the weather here is getting better, and it's starting to get lighter in the mornings and evenings now which makes a difference.

Got a question - how often should running trainers be replaced?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

UKEagle2Aus is an unknown quantity at this point

Been doing some good training runs in Coomera Springs QLD, mixing it with some road biking now my stuff has arrived. About 10k on each 3/4 times a week.

All I need is a pool to do some swimming training and a triathlon could be in the making.

Big Bod does the Triathlon, now that would make a good book!

Eagle
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not running. grrrr. My gym stopped all the treadmill burn classes
Old Feb 18th 2008, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
I'm still running! Although still never got round to doing an organised run.

Go out once or twice every week and still really enjoying it. It's nice now the weather here is getting better, and it's starting to get lighter in the mornings and evenings now which makes a difference.

Got a question - how often should running trainers be replaced?
Most people I've talked to reckon on anywhere between 400 and 600 miles. If you know what to look for you can see when the midsole starts to collapse, but it's a bit tricky to describe! I keep a running diary so I know when each pair gets to 4 - 500 hundred miles then I'll only use them for running on soft surfaces for a 100 miles or so, then they're usually pretty knackered so they go in the bin.

Too bleedin hot to run here today!

JH.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:08 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by jojosan
Most people I've talked to reckon on anywhere between 400 and 600 miles. If you know what to look for you can see when the midsole starts to collapse, but it's a bit tricky to describe! I keep a running diary so I know when each pair gets to 4 - 500 hundred miles then I'll only use them for running on soft surfaces for a 100 miles or so, then they're usually pretty knackered so they go in the bin.

Too bleedin hot to run here today!

JH.
That's great, thanks. Think I'm okay with mine then. You sound very organised!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
That's great, thanks. Think I'm okay with mine then. You sound very organised!
Hiya, well we are truley settled here so have began to think about a mini/ half marathon to work towards, any ideas, mornington peninsula area or maybe melbouren, need some motivation to train!
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:23 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by farrierswife
Hiya, well we are truley settled here so have began to think about a mini/ half marathon to work towards, any ideas, mornington peninsula area or maybe melbouren, need some motivation to train!

You have missed most of the runs for the season. there is a 10 k tomorrow around the Botanical Gardens otherwise I believe the next one is the Melbourne Marathon on the 12th October - there is also a half and a 7.5k.

Do you ride and swim? Triathlon season starts soon and they also do mini tri for beginners - I am in Bayside and run, ride with some friends - unfortunately its a bit of a way for you to come.
Old Aug 30th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

farrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud offarrierswife has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vanessa
You have missed most of the runs for the season. there is a 10 k tomorrow around the Botanical Gardens otherwise I believe the next one is the Melbourne Marathon on the 12th October - there is also a half and a 7.5k.

Do you ride and swim? Triathlon season starts soon and they also do mini tri for beginners - I am in Bayside and run, ride with some friends - unfortunately its a bit of a way for you to come.
Thanks , is there a website where you get the schedualed runs. Triathlon is out as my swimming is not the strongest!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:51 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.supersprint.com.au/ - try this one to begin with. there are others but my mind has gone blank
Old Sep 1st 2008, 4:34 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

OK, I know it's a bit tame for you guys, but I am taking part in the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival 9km run on 21 September. The course will take me over the harbour bridge, finishing at the Opera House.

I am doing this to raise funds for Heartkids NSW in the memory of my cousin Jasmine Knapp. Jasmine died in October last year from a heart condition aged just 4 months.

If anyone wants to sponsor me, they can do here....

http://www.gofundraise.com.au/MarkJones

Or, if you would prefer to donate any other way, let me know & I’ll let you know how it can be done.

Thanks,

Mark

Heartkids NSW - We are a not for profit organisation, run by both employees and volunteers who are concerned with the care of children either born with or who acquire Congenital Heart Disease. We offer support to families both in hospital, at home and in rural NSW. We rely on the generosity of our members, the corporate sector and our own fundraising efforts.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Hi Guys

I'm moving to Adelaide in a couple of months and really want to join a running club. Is there anyone on this thread from Adelaide that can help?

I'm just really looking to get out a few times a week and run approx 10k each time.

Thanks