Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rules on Refunds in NSW? Anyone know?

Rules on Refunds in NSW? Anyone know?

Old Nov 13th 2010, 3:59 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of
Default Re: Rules on Refunds in NSW? Anyone know?

Fingers xx'd TP, cant wait to hear what happens!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 1:46 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by squeezzii
Fingers xx'd TP, cant wait to hear what happens!
Ta. Sure it'll be fine. As soon as we've got a date, I'll let y'all know.
Old Nov 30th 2010, 11:39 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

So, TP, any news yet?
Old Dec 1st 2010, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by squeezzii
So, TP, any news yet?
We've got a date for 9 Dec.

I've had several accusatory and snotty emails from the husband and wife team in the meantime, mainly blaming me for taking them to tribunal and talking about their 'guarantee'... (the one they voided and then re-instated).
It was fun to write back to them.
I hear that this woman has previously taken a large sum of money for a similar service and not delivered the goods. I talked to the victim in that case and apparently she was so cowed by the constant flow of blaming emails, which threatened legal action if she continued, that she just let it go. The money was inherritance money from her father's death. :-/
Presumably the couple think they'll get away with it again.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:42 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
We've got a date for 9 Dec.

I've had several accusatory and snotty emails from the husband and wife team in the meantime, mainly blaming me for taking them to tribunal and talking about their 'guarantee'... (the one they voided and then re-instated).
It was fun to write back to them.
I hear that this woman has previously taken a large sum of money for a similar service and not delivered the goods. I talked to the victim in that case and apparently she was so cowed by the constant flow of blaming emails, which threatened legal action if she continued, that she just let it go. The money was inherritance money from her father's death. :-/
Presumably the couple think they'll get away with it again.
Puts a whole new slant on things - hope the nasty arseholes get what's coming to them.

Hope you're printing out the emails ready for the tribunal (I'm sure you are anyway!!)
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Puts a whole new slant on things - hope the nasty arseholes get what's coming to them.

Hope you're printing out the emails ready for the tribunal (I'm sure you are anyway!!)
I have everything, printed and notated, in triplicate.
I have a statement from someone who heard him say he hadn't started my project and so really, all it takes is for us to lay this out.

They've also sadly for them, not provided a proper GST receipt. The problem with this is that I believe it might be illegal not to provide it after request.
When we asked he said he'd 'sort out the paperwork a bit later on'.
Still waiting.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:01 pm

It's a sad state of affairs. I have to say that local Blue Mountains businesses seem really on the ball most of the time. There's the odd one or two here and there but generally, we get great service up here. It may be due to tourism but these are local services for people who live here I'm talking about.

I hope it resolves ok.
Got our Fair Trading thing this morning. Got everything sorted, printed, laid out in full. Looking forward to it.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to allcharlie5 is a name known to all

Best of luck.

Charlie
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:11 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Got our Fair Trading thing this morning. Got everything sorted, printed, laid out in full. Looking forward to it.

Good luck TP! Let's see those 'A' Level law skills at work!

S
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
Yeah baby! I know I shouldn't but I so enjoy this sort of thing. Perhaps I'll take up the studies again...
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:19 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o

S
'A' Level Law.... bloody Hell I did that as well. Never found it the most exiting of subjects.

Carlill vs Carbolic Smoke Ball Company still stuck with me to this day.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
'A' Level Law.... bloody Hell I did that as well. Never found it the most exiting of subjects.

Carlill vs Carbolic Smoke Ball Company still stuck with me to this day.
Ummm . . . that old chestnut . . .
Old Dec 8th 2010, 10:47 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
Ummm . . . that old chestnut . . .
First case for anybody doing law... that name is just one that sticks in the mind.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 11:14 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with it all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.