Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute
Default RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

the first one was a bit of a joke, but jeez, the second, cheesy -awful!!

They really are going down the pan!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of
Default Re: RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

Sadly the Aussies will know no different and think its a quality advert!!!!!!!Left OZ for UK in December so we have been enjoying good quality TV and adverts.
They just scream and shout and think that will entice people to come into their shop...........well people with no brain !
The ad for WA salvage used to make us laugh .........when the man in a vest and knotted hankie on his head would shout .............."We not fancy but we're cheap " !!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 2:55 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbles08
Sadly the Aussies will know no different and think its a quality advert!!!!!!!Left OZ for UK in December so we have been enjoying good quality TV and adverts.
They just scream and shout and think that will entice people to come into their shop...........well people with no brain !
The ad for WA salvage used to make us laugh .........when the man in a vest and knotted hankie on his head would shout .............."We not fancy but we're cheap " !!!!!!!!!!
WA Salvage went out of business 3 years ago love so move on.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 3:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg

Thank your lucky stars you aren't in Adelaide. They have a carpet guy there who's entire advertising campaign is based on the word "haggle". His TV ads are 30 seconds of him outside his store shouting "YA GOTTA HAGGLE HAGGLE. YA GOTTA HAGGLE" His only redeeming quality is that he's sort of hot looking.
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:19 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

And they don't have any of the rugs they bloody advertise

Loz x
Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:26 am
ABCDiamond

First ? Second ? You haven't been here long have you......

He has had umpteen closing down sales...

I had to check how long...

2004-May-29 » Most annoying ad on TV? whirlpool thread...
This thread goes around 3 or 4 times a year and my answer is still the same.

The ****** Rugs a Million ads!!!!!!!!!

We're closing down and everything's minimum 90-100% off....it's gotta go this weekend.
Note the date of that .... 2004...

Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:28 am
ABCDiamond

Sadly the Aussies will know no different and think its a quality advert!!!!!
Actually, as the 'most annoying advert', I think you may be a tad off with your assumption of the Australians..

Old Jul 4th 2009, 7:29 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
First ? Second ? You haven't been here long have you......

He has had umpteen closing down sales...

I had to check how long...

2004-May-29 » Most annoying ad on TV? whirlpool thread...

Note the date of that .... 2004...
The best thing about it is his massive speech impediment.

Ragthhhhhh a million
Old Jul 4th 2009, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by northernbird
WA Salvage went out of business 3 years ago love so move on.
Charming!!
Old Jul 5th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

FTA Northernbird - no need to be so sarcy.

Old Jul 5th 2009, 6:15 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

all I can say is you aint seen nothing till you've seen Tassie ads
Old Jul 5th 2009, 12:39 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

Originally Posted by Possums
all I can say is you aint seen nothing till you've seen Tassie ads
Hahah, so true! Is Tiger Super Barn still running? Their ads were so spectacularly bad, I actually looked forward to them.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 1:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the John Huges advert is annoying, I bet John Hughes is a secret cross dresser with a penchant for wearing ladies panties, bras and tight blouses and skirts at the weekend.

He hides behind a disguise of a car salesman.

Does John Hughes look like a panty sniffer? You bet he does.

Oh yes, I dont like that ginger Irish bloke, bloody hell I cant remember the advert - he is annoying as well.

However, they dont annoy me that much as I rarely if ever turn over.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:05 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

back to R.A.M- it says at the bottom of the advert that rugs a million are not closing down- they are just pulling everyones pud - shame- as it DOES rank among the most annoying ads on tv
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I think the John Huges advert is annoying, I bet John Hughes is a secret cross dresser with a penchant for wearing ladies panties, bras and tight blouses and skirts at the weekend.

He hides behind a disguise of a car salesman.

Does John Hughes look like a panty sniffer? You bet he does.

Oh yes, I dont like that ginger Irish bloke, bloody hell I cant remember the advert - he is annoying as well.

However, they dont annoy me that much as I rarely if ever turn over.

Do you mean the ad for Arrow computers??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.