Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:36 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

Originally Posted by stm1971
Do you mean the ad for Arrow computers??
I cant remember, I shall look out for it.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I cant remember, I shall look out for it.

It's got the annoying (ginger haired) Bill Gates wannabe in it. Very annoying and cheesy. Bit like most WA ad's LOL.
Old Jul 5th 2009, 3:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by squeezzii
back to R.A.M- it says at the bottom of the advert that rugs a million are not closing down- they are just pulling everyones pud - shame- as it DOES rank among the most annoying ads on tv
Every time they say they've over-ordered, their warehouses are full, they need to get rid of unsold over ordered stock.

THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR FOUR YEARS (well at least the four years that I've been here).

Has nobody told him to sack his stock manager. Or sack himself maybe. Has he never heard of Just in time ordering?

And the bleeding heart adverts about how he has had to close some stores. Sheesh , and then the shouting commentary.

I actually can't think of a way to put me off a product more. Unless they said it was made in sweatshops in asia... oh hang on...

JTL
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:25 pm
ABCDiamond

A bit of Rugs a Million info for you...

Misleading carpet advertising prevented - Friday, 30 June 2006

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/Corpor...carpet_ad.html

Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
all I can say is you aint seen nothing till you've seen Tassie ads

Why do they think that shouting at the camera, jiggling a few crap items around in their mucky hands (Chickenfeed) or throwing shoes around the warehouse (Pauls Warehouse) is a good selling technique??

But at least they make me turn off the TV and do something more useful

Sam
Old Jul 5th 2009, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stm1971
It's got the annoying (ginger haired) Bill Gates wannabe in it. Very annoying and cheesy. Bit like most WA ad's LOL.
His name is RUSTY Gates LOL
Old Jul 6th 2009, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

I tell you one ad that surpasses all of those shouty ones in terms of sheer driving me crazy.

That bloody one with Piers Brosnan and the 'anti-sagging' cream.

I HATE IT WITH MY HEART!!!!

"When I'm not campaigning for the environment blah blah blah"

Seriously, that is possibly one of the worst and cheesiest ads I've ever seen.
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:03 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy T

Why do they think that shouting at the camera, jiggling a few crap items around in their mucky hands (Chickenfeed) or throwing shoes around the warehouse (Pauls Warehouse) is a good selling technique??

But at least they make me turn off the TV and do something more useful

Sam
lol Pauls Warehouse must be a southern ad not seen that one, thankfully

the majority look like they've been filmed in someones living room with a camcorder!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
First ? Second ? You haven't been here long have you......

He has had umpteen closing down sales...

I had to check how long...
we've only just started receiving the normal local channels again, had austar for the last year without the normal ones so had forgotten how BAD the adverts are...

The rugs are crud too!!
Old Jul 6th 2009, 11:39 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

It's been running for years.

Every few weeks they seem to overstock and have to ship it all at 99.9% off.
You think he would have sacked his stock manager by now

Originally Posted by sammyg
the first one was a bit of a joke, but jeez, the second, cheesy -awful!!
They really are going down the pan!!!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
It's been running for years.

Every few weeks they seem to overstock and have to ship it all at 99.9% off.
You think he would have sacked his stock manager by now
lol!!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

kericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud ofkericare has much to be proud of

god i cant wait to get bk home,abit of normal tele for once the tv and adverts out here are crap they need to sort it out
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of

Sorry ABCDiamond ,but in my opinion i am spot on with my opinion of Australians ,but we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Northernbird ,there was no need to say move on, but .............actually I HAVE,sadly some people have not moved with the times.Or should i say some States ,no offence.
Even if that advert was three years ago ,they have not improved since then.All i was saying ,was that it made me laugh .
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:59 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: RUGS A MILLION Advert!!! - Arrgghhh!

Originally Posted by bubbles08
Sorry ABCDiamond ,but in my opinion i am spot on with my opinion of Australians ,but we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Northernbird ,there was no need to say move on, but .............actually I HAVE,sadly some people have not moved with the times.Or should i say some States ,no offence.
Even if that advert was three years ago ,they have not improved since then.All i was saying ,was that it made me laugh .
WA Salvage ads made everyone laugh; that was the whole point. Nobody took them seriously, and nobody considered them to be quality ads. They were just ridiculously awful, which is why people enjoyed them (just as you did).
Old Jul 9th 2009, 2:40 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by bubbles08
No need to be sorry, as most Australians think the same as you and I, and agree that it is a very annoying advert.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.