Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2019 thread

Rugby World Cup 2019 thread

Old Nov 4th 2019, 9:04 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I don't buy into the whole English fan arrogance thing you see around the traps online. People pick on England, always have done.
Yes.

My South African colleague sent me a text after the game (he was in the same pub!). It just said - "I was right".
Old Nov 4th 2019, 12:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Wasn't me. I love it here

Bali is awesome
Glad you had a good time, and got the result you wanted

I've probably only been to Bali half a dozen times, but I like it most of it too. Ubud for a complete getaway, Sanur or Nusa Dua for a relatively quiet beach holiday, and the middle of Seminyak for a bit more life but minus the in your face hustling of Kuta. Nice people, the weather's good year round for swimming and you can get a fantastic hotel and flights for around $2,000 for two for a week, what's not to love.
Old Nov 5th 2019, 2:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kim67
So, what's going to happen tomorrow night? My prediction is 15 - 12 to The Sprinboks. Predictions?
Close.

Well done Bokke. Great game it was.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 8:12 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I don't buy into the whole English fan arrogance thing you see around the traps online. People pick on England, always have done. The Celts carry on like pork chops with their crac etc.
I think when people use the word "arrogant" towards England fans it's usually just a bad choice of words.

The truth is that it's more of a case of being carried away into dreamland (as in the last football World Cup with over-excited fans actually believing that "Football's coming home" even though the team was nowhere good enough to even stand a chance) or counting one's chickens before they hatch (after the rugby World Cup semi-final I recall being the only person in the pub who didn't believe that the WC is already won but everyone just needs to wait another week).