British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Rugby World Cup 2019 thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/rugby-world-cup-2019-thread-927781/)

Alfresco Sep 9th 2019 12:04 pm

Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 
Discussion and predictions.

The Springboks need to beat New Zilland in their first game, and then to go on to win it. :fingerscrossed:

I predict three southern hemisphere teams and one northern hemisphere will make the semi finals and a southern hemisphere to win, but hopefully not the all blokes.


Beoz Sep 10th 2019 1:38 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 12733418)
Discussion and predictions.

The Springboks need to beat New Zilland in their first game, and then to go on to win it. :fingerscrossed:

I predict three southern hemisphere teams and one northern hemisphere will make the semi finals and a southern hemisphere to win, but hopefully not the all blokes.

Can't see the wallabies making the semi's.

Alfresco Sep 10th 2019 2:28 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12733664)
Can't see the wallabies making the semi's.

Hmmm. They did beat the All Blacks once this year, so anything is possible with them.

Amazulu Sep 10th 2019 4:39 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 12733418)
Discussion and predictions.

The Springboks need to beat New Zilland in their first game, and then to go on to win it. :fingerscrossed:

I predict three southern hemisphere teams and one northern hemisphere will make the semi finals and a southern hemisphere to win, but hopefully not the all blokes.

Things looking better for the Bokke this year - they seem more settled and cohesive. How good would it be to be in Japan - the best country to visit in Asia - for this. Yokohama is a cracking city and the Japanese will have organised this well

Who's showing the WC in Australia? If it's Foxtel, ITV Hub (available via a simple DNS redirect) is streaming all the games. Okay, you have to watch a few stupid UK ads but worth it for a free service

Beoz Sep 10th 2019 5:20 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12733687)
the Japanese will have organised this well

Ha ha ha ha ...... have you tried to get accommodation?

Buzzy--Bee Sep 10th 2019 5:35 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 
We're going to be watching all the Australian, English and New Zealand matches. I've been trying to buy a Rugby top for my wife. Admittedly it's an All Blacks top, she is a born and bred Kiwi after all, but I can't even find Wallabies tops. In our local Westfield there is of course a huge shop that sells all things AFL. There is also a shop that sells all things Basketball. But even visiting the Adidas shop, who make the All Blacks gear, results in a response " we don't get much call for Rugby merchandise" . Rebel sport have 2 XXL size All Blacks tops and 1 Wallabies top. My wife ain't XXL. Another shop that resells all sports gear had nothing. DFO Adidas had nothing.

So considering Rugby is only the 6th most popular mens sport in Australia after AFL, Soccer, Rugby League, Basketball and Cricket I think we punch well above our weight.

This could end up being a very interesting World Cup, several teams are playing well - Ireland, Wales, England, South Africa can be added to the potential winners as well as the New Zealanders and the Australians.

Amazulu Sep 10th 2019 6:48 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12733691)
Ha ha ha ha ...... have you tried to get accommodation?

Obviously not as I ain't going (!) but I reckon that if you'd booked your accommodation well in advance, you'd be sorted. Also, the beauty of Japan is that they have an insanely integrated and efficient public transport system, so you'd easily be able to get get digs well away from the venues and have little problem getting there

Beoz Sep 10th 2019 10:15 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12733696)
Obviously not as I ain't going (!) but I reckon that if you'd booked your accommodation well in advance, you'd be sorted. Also, the beauty of Japan is that they have an insanely integrated and efficient public transport system, so you'd easily be able to get get digs well away from the venues and have little problem getting there

The accommodation was a ball ache to get from the moment the ticket ballots were decided.

Amazulu Sep 10th 2019 1:54 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12733734)
The accommodation was a ball ache to get from the moment the ticket ballots were decided.

Sure but any city hosting a huge international sporting event is going to have issues with accommodation. I know London did in 2012

Retirednow Sep 14th 2019 10:54 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 
What’s Rugby??

Kim67 Sep 18th 2019 9:51 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Retirednow (Post 12735550)
What’s Rugby??

The thing that will keep our neighbors awake all night because of the screaming and swearing coming from our house for the next month.

Beoz Sep 19th 2019 1:35 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 12737096)
The thing that will keep our neighbors awake all night because of the screaming and swearing coming from our house for the next month.

All afternoon and evening. It's in Japan. Similar time zone.

Kim67 Sep 19th 2019 11:08 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12737118)
All afternoon and evening. It's in Japan. Similar time zone.

But if the Wallabies beat the Sprinboks or visaversa, the expletives carry on all night lol.

DeadVim Sep 19th 2019 12:20 pm

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 

Originally Posted by Retirednow (Post 12735550)
What’s Rugby??

Mostly bad childhood memories of being forced to play in my underwear and yer stereotypically sadistic PE teacher.

Probably a paedo too.

Retirednow Sep 23rd 2019 1:40 am

Re: Rugby World Cup 2019 thread
 
Thank god for the AFL & NRL


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:38 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.