Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:07 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

They might have to show a re-run of Australia's Got Talent.

Originally Posted by Burbage

Wonder if Channel Nine will even bother showing the finals.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

For all the talk of SH running rugby, 1 try between the 2 sides, both opting for drop goals, lots and lots of kicking for position.

The AB's were incredible at the breakdown tho, the only side who i believe could get close them in that area were a full strength Wales.

For the sake of a good competitive final lets hope the real French team turn up.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:41 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Love the look on Pocock's face every time he's been pinged by the ref for not being on his feet. It's as if he's filthy with the ref not letting him get away with Rugby Union murder like Lawrence did last week. Just goes to show what the difference is when you have a semi-decent ref. He should have been done for that at laest half a dozen times against the Boks and got away with all of them.
Totally agree. He tried his shit at the start and Joubert was having none of it. Pocock backed off as he would have got a yellow if he had carried on.

Joubert has been given the final to ref.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we will have a repeat of this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugb...ry/2966114.stm

One of the finest games of rugby I have ever seen.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:53 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I think it will be a bloodbath. I keep hearing how the French have finally turned up, but I'm not convinced. Sure they beat England, but hardly that convincingly. I think England were absolutely shithouse and France were just that little bit better, but that was just in comparison. I still don't think the French were that impressive in the Eng game. Then against Wales, they only won by default. If it weren't for poor kicking from the Welsh they would be on their way home.

They haven't played well in a single game in this WC and I can't see that changing in the final
Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

I think it will be a bloodbath. I keep hearing how the French have finally turned up, but I'm not convinced. Sure they beat England, but hardly that convincingly. I think England were absolutely shithouse and France were just that little bit better, but that was just in comparison. I still don't think the French were that impressive in the Eng game. Then against Wales, they only won by default. If it weren't for poor kicking from the Welsh they would be on their way home.

They haven't played well in a single game in this WC and I can't see that changing in the final
Yep, ABs will walk it.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

That was a bloody good AB's team as well.

It's a shame as i believe if a team turns up and has a really good go at the AB's they are not unbeatable, the 2 teams who could probably have done that, Wales and the Boks are not in the final. France have looked incredibly bad all tournament and the debacle against Tonga the low point, better against an insipid England but very lackluster against Wales. I in no way believe France can win next week but will be very happy if the sporting gods smile on us and give us a match to saviour.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 1:32 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

More than anything, I am just really pissed off that we didn't get to witness a AB v Boks semi. That would have been one hell of a contest, instead of the piss poor match up we saw last night
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

More than anything, I am just really pissed off that we didn't get to witness a AB v Boks semi. That would have been one hell of a contest, instead of the piss poor match up we saw last night
Come on ... the Boks were awful against the Wallabies, the Wallabies were awful against the AB's. England were awful against the French, the French were awful against Wales. Put these games on any other given days and you'll get different results. I wouldn't be putting my house on AB's just yet.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:30 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by Beoz
Come on ... the Boks were awful against the Wallabies,
Did you actually watch the game? The only reason the Boks did not get 20 odd penalties in that game was because of Bryce Lawrence who seems to have a vendetta against the Boks. Pocock should have been carded half a dozen times in that game for his misdemeanors in the ruck. Did you notice how he was the cause for both of the first two penalties for the ABs last night? That was no coincidence, that was Joubert saying to him that he was not going to get away with it two weeks in a row.
The refereeing in that game was the worst I have seen in many many years and completely decided the game. I sit in an office of AB, Wallabies and England supporters and all of the AB and England followers agreed that Australia infringed at nearly every breakdown.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:35 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

From my limited knowledge of the game I agree with all of that.

I wouldn't mind seeing the ABs win, on form they will stuff the French.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Did you actually watch the game? The only reason the Boks did not get 20 odd penalties in that game was because of Bryce Lawrence who seems to have a vendetta against the Boks. Pocock should have been carded half a dozen times in that game for his misdemeanors in the ruck. Did you notice how he was the cause for both of the first two penalties for the ABs last night? That was no coincidence, that was Joubert saying to him that he was not going to get away with it two weeks in a row.
The refereeing in that game was the worst I have seen in many many years and completely decided the game. I sit in an office of AB, Wallabies and England supporters and all of the AB and England followers agreed that Australia infringed at nearly every breakdown.
In great detail on high definition on Fox Sports. Agree .... Pockcock was down on one knee for one of his infringments last night. During the Bok game he had a stormer. Perhaps one infringement I can recall that wasn't spotted and even that was touch and go whether he had hit the ground before or after he made the steel. The rest of the steals were pure class. Give credit where its due. Lets face it ..... you just hate Aussies winning at sport.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:17 am
I'm Old Gregg!

In great detail on high definition on Fox Sports. Agree .... Pockcock was down on one knee for one of his infringments last night. During the Bok game he had a stormer. Perhaps one infringement I can recall that wasn't spotted and even that was touch and go whether he had hit the ground before or after he made the steel. The rest of the steals were pure class. Give credit where its due. Lets face it ..... you just hate Aussies winning at sport.
Not at all. There are two sports where I will not support the Aussies and that is Cricket and RU, basically for the same reasons, their arrogance. Otherwise I am happy to support Aussies on most other sports.

Pocock did not just infringe by not staying on his feet, he was entering a lot of rucks from the side and when he was the tackler he wasn't releasing. Sure, he had a blinder of a game, but any other he would have been carded, just like Owens did to the Argentinian in the NZ game. Clearly you were watching the game through gold-tinted glasses. I was watching them as a neutral. I've never ever felt sorry or supported the Boks before that game, but within 20 mins of that game's kick off I wanted them to win simply because the Wallabies were getting away with RU murder.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:18 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Can't agree with that. The number of times the ball got scooped back onto the Aussie side when NO ONE was on their feet in the ruck in the SA/AUS game was unbelievable. Pocock has a strategy, he always goes into the ruck on the side away from the ref (which is a penalty offence in the first place if he's late) and then he buries himself in there and starts scooping away.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Burbage
Can't agree with that. The number of times the ball got scooped back onto the Aussie side when NO ONE was on their feet in the ruck in the SA/AUS game was unbelievable. Pocock has a strategy, he always goes into the ruck on the side away from the ref (which is a penalty offence in the first place if he's late) and then he buries himself in there and starts scooping away.
...... whilst on hit feet. The Saffa's didn't have an answer to his class. The All Blacks did .... get there in numbers.

Anyway ..... Aussie mate just sent this over ..... I'm glad to see there are no complaints about ref's, cheating or so.

Wallabies arriving at their recovery session this afternoon. ...........They look quite upbeat.
Attached Thumbnails Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread-arrival.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.