Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:37 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Originally Posted by papilon
Could you elaborate about what happened in the crowd?

Kiwi's i find normally to be really nice people, but come Rugby time something happens and they transform into obnoxious one eyed idiots.

That's a beautiful part of the world around there, enjoy.
I was reading this earlier (I was bored, forgive me) and it talks about unsporting behaviour by the NZ fans.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugb...921-1kkc8.html

From what I could see it seemed to be a tame version of what a rival fan might cop at the average soccer game. But I am rewinding about 10 years, maybe it's all prawn sandwiches now ...
Old Sep 20th 2011, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I was reading this earlier (I was bored, forgive me) and it talks about unsporting behaviour by the NZ fans.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugb...921-1kkc8.html

From what I could see it seemed to be a tame version of what a rival fan might cop at the average soccer game. But I am rewinding about 10 years, maybe it's all prawn sandwiches now ...
Was just reading that in the Age, all the comments, quite amusing really. God, being English we are well used to our neighbours supporting the other team and we even have the same passports seems to have shocked the Aussies a bit tho, what with ANZAC and all that
Old Sep 20th 2011, 10:24 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the comments after that story are unbelievable. An Aussie telling Kiwis they need to learn to be gracious in victory and defeat People in glass houses. Reading some of comments you would think that Aussie fans are the most sporting in the world.

Was just reading that in the Age, all the comments, quite amusing really. God, being English we are well used to our neighbours supporting the other team and we even have the same passports seems to have shocked the Aussies a bit tho, what with ANZAC and all that
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:37 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I know ... I limit myself to the first page of comments on those things or I find myself spiralling into deep depression ...

As an aside I have seen a former (aussie) workmate on TV being interviewed before the Australia/Ireland match with his Irish mate ... He seemed quite optimistic
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:36 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Romania to beat England tomorrow morning? Or will the bloody side bother to show up this week and actually make good on those ******* pay checks? They are beginning to remind me of the English football side....What is it with these men and their balls? You get paid enough do the bloody job proper innit you big oversized arrogant monk fish!

(apart from Toby Flood - I know his Mum and Dad and he's very lovely)
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

It would be fun, but I doubt it. Some interesting games this weekend - France vs NZ and Scotland vs Argentina.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Springbok coach quote:-

De Villiers said: "You are talking about the perfect world, but we're not in a perfect world, we're in New Zealand."

Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:07 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Just a random comment...we have various tribal dances played out before the releavant games. Could the Irish maybe give us a little jig?

Nice to see the USA give Aus a bit of a hard time for a while. The crowd support of the USA was fantastic.

Did I hear right? The NZ locals were asked not to give Oz too much of a hard time. My goodness, poor dears.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It would be fun, but I doubt it. Some interesting games this weekend - France vs NZ and Scotland vs Argentina.

Tonights's game willl be great I hope and display some of the tenor of the Cup...

The one I have been looking forward to since Argies vs England, and last week's Ire vs Aus.

(Scotland vs England could end up like the 1991 Semi-Final with a few nervous supporters in both camps).
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Springbok coach quote:-

De Villiers said: "You are talking about the perfect world, but we're not in a perfect world, we're in New Zealand."

Great stuff from Div!
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 3:21 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Generally I would never support the French but I will be tonight!
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Generally I would never support the French but I will be tonight!
I want NZ to win. But would giggle like a school girl if they lost.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 5:22 pm
221b Baker Street

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
If NZ do lose and you do as you say, please be sure to video the event and upload to here.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 5:28 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
If NZ do lose and you do as you say, please be sure to video the event and upload to here.
I'd settle for an actual schoolgirl.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 5:51 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Last I heard the kiwis were annoyed the cocks were fielding a sub strength team. At least with a kiwi win there will be a northerner on the final.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.