Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:47 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
This is a bit late I know. But, the last few minutes of Tonga's effort yesterday was truly memorable. Some of the best rugby I've seen in years.

England were very lucky to win. I'll leave it at that.
Not really lucky, England should have won easily but Johhny did not have his shooting boots on.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:48 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Wilkinson has been finished for a long time.
You obviously do not follow rugby union
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:55 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
You obviously do not follow rugby union
no, he follows the yellow brick road with the rest of the Munchkins
Old Sep 10th 2011, 9:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
no, he follows the yellow brick road with the rest of the Munchkins
Old Sep 10th 2011, 11:30 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Not really lucky, England should have won easily but Johhny did not have his shooting boots on.
You obviously watched a different game then. Argentina had more penalties awarded and their kicker missed a lot as well. If he had been on form then they would have won by miles.

England's discipline was way off for two thirds of the match. The Argies forward play was much better until just near the end.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 11:35 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It was a joke based on the lament when W Somoa beat Wales years back.

"It was a good thing boys it wasn't the whole of Somoa!"
Ah ! I should've checked with old man BEVS then , coz I'm a bit clueless.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 11:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously watched a different game then. Argentina had more penalties awarded and their kicker missed a lot as well. If he had been on form then they would have won by miles.

England's discipline was way off for two thirds of the match. The Argies forward play was much better until just near the end.
He missed 6 penatlies and a drop - 21 wasted points.

JW missed 5 penalties - 15 points.

Had all kicks gone over it would have Arg 30 - Eng 28. Still very close overall.

Just my 2 cents.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 11:56 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

It was a very painfaul game to watch. Neither side played particularly good "Rugby". I don't enjoy games that are all kicking and penalties. Reminded me of the 1995 World Cup final.....

BB
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Like It Is
Geez England made hard work of it but got the result in the end.Hope johnny gets his kicking boots back soon.
I hope he doesn't as somebody will be on to bang on about how England always wins by 3 points..

Thanks for that....the games in my neck of the woods are shown about 3 hours later. England was so awful in the first half that I admit I cheated and checked on the net to see the final score to see if it was worth watching anymore. I was then able to watch knowing that they were going to win!
It's a bit like that...for me when you realise you want them to lose.

Originally Posted by Alfresco
He missed 6 penatlies and a drop - 21 wasted points.

JW missed 5 penalties - 15 points.

Had all kicks gone over it would have Arg 30 - Eng 28. Still very close overall.

Just my 2 cents.
Did he now? I was not able to watch the whole game - I saw the first 20 minutes and dispaired at the way England were getting pinged....I thought they were going to self-implode..

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
It was a very painfaul game to watch. Neither side played particularly good "Rugby". I don't enjoy games that are all kicking and penalties. Reminded me of the 1995 World Cup final.....

BB
Thanks for the invite mate..I then saw the last 10 minutes or so and felt a bit better..

There is no way Australia or New Zealand would have played like that in their first game - even though England will get a lot better.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
There is no way Australia or New Zealand would have played like that in their first game - even though England will get a lot better.
The kiwi first match was against much easier opponents though...and the Oz opener has to be the softest of them all, against Italy...that should be an exercise in how to count points...
Old Sep 11th 2011, 12:46 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the game was pretty good to watch, England looked very rusty for at least half the game but came good in the second half. Way too many silly penalties from both sides and unfortunately golden boots wasnt on form which is incredibly unusual. He still showed how much he has to offer the game though with his non kicking play.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

General Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of lightGeneral Tojo is a glorious beacon of light

Bear in mind the dangerous Argies shocked hosts France at opening 2007 W Cup (and then didn't they beat them again in 3rd place match?) so notorious slow starters England have come out of it okay. Have just been reading the Argentine press, they saw it as logical in the end.

Hope we get more close games today, unusual at the pool stages it has to be said.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by General Tojo
Bear in mind the dangerous Argies shocked hosts France at opening 2007 W Cup (and then didn't they beat them again in 3rd place match?) so notorious slow starters England have come out of it okay. Have just been reading the Argentine press, they saw it as logical in the end.

Hope we get more close games today, unusual at the pool stages it has to be said.
It was never going to be easy. I need to watch the game completely but it seems that Argentina were as ill-disciplined as England. Someone in the Torygraph reckoned the Argentinians got the rub of the green from the ref.

And I've seen that stilted England back play too many times!
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:39 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that....the games in my neck of the woods are shown about 3 hours later. England was so awful in the first half that I admit I cheated and checked on the net to see the final score to see if it was worth watching anymore. I was then able to watch knowing that they were going to win!
Oh crikey, we did something like that. We'd recorded the match (it was afternoon here) and watched it in the evening. Just after half time Mr bakedbean said he'd had enough and switched it off, put some music on. I looked at the result on my Pod and said... ahem, better switch back on

We had Kiwi commentary which was appalling, so biased and incorrect. And read this morning that they were using a "new ball". Does that account for Jonny's inability to score? The Kiwi commentators mentioned nothing about the new ball... pfffft.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:46 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Oh crikey, we did something like that. We'd recorded the match (it was afternoon here) and watched it in the evening. Just after half time Mr bakedbean said he'd had enough and switched it off, put some music on. I looked at the result on my Pod and said... ahem, better switch back on

We had Kiwi commentary which was appalling, so biased and incorrect. And read this morning that they were using a "new ball". Does that account for Jonny's inability to score? The Kiwi commentators mentioned nothing about the new ball... pfffft.
Was it a different shape?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.