Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Originally Posted by papilon
For all the talk of SH running rugby, 1 try between the 2 sides, both opting for drop goals, lots and lots of kicking for position.

The AB's were incredible at the breakdown tho, the only side who i believe could get close them in that area were a full strength Wales.

For the sake of a good competitive final lets hope the real French team turn up.
Even the commentators talked about this sort of rugby and spoke about 'test match' conditions - my emphasis. 10 man rugby after all...but I tell you what impressed me - in the SH way: the change of direction of attack, getting across the gainline...when England stutters and is wooden I can hear the SH way ringing in my ears...

At the peak of England in 2003 I saw it in England too but alas, I don't see so much of it now!
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
The Saffa's didn't have an answer to his class.
Brussow - unfortunately he got injured after 20 mins or so.

Pocock got away with his shite against us but not the ABs. He played well yesterday and is a class act. It was good to see the devastation on his face after losing last night.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:47 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Pocock got away with his shite against us but not the ABs. He played well yesterday and is a class act. It was good to see the devastation on his face after losing last night.
I thought Burger was better that Brussouw
Old Oct 17th 2011, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

There have been some pretty devastated faces in this World Cup. Martin Johnsons is outstanding.

Brussow must be a big disappointment for you guys. He got absolutely smashed by the Wallabies. Dread to think what this AB's might have done to him.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

There have been some pretty devastated faces in this World Cup. Martin Johnsons is outstanding.

Brussow must be a big disappointment for you guys. He got absolutely smashed by the Wallabies. Dread to think what this AB's might have done to him.
He got injured (a flare up of an old injury) - it happens to all rugby players. Fully fit he is an awesome player, and has a great future ahead of him.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 5:14 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I thought Burger was better that Brussouw
I was refering to his role as a fetcher. Schalkie is awesome at taking the ball into the opposition line and gaining metres - he can do it for 80mins, time and again.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 6:18 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

...... whilst on hit feet. The Saffa's didn't have an answer to his class. The All Blacks did .... get there in numbers.

Anyway ..... Aussie mate just sent this over ..... I'm glad to see there are no complaints about ref's, cheating or so.

Wallabies arriving at their recovery session this afternoon. ...........They look quite upbeat.
On your feet doesn't mean your feet touching the ground while your weight is supported by the pile of bodies in front of you. Your entire weight has to be supported by your feet and only your feet. The only difference between the match last night and the SA match was that the referee didn't let him get away with it. Pocock didn't "play a blinder" but the referee was certainly blind. As, I have noticed, are almost all Aussies when their teams do anything wrong...
Old Oct 17th 2011, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
On your feet doesn't mean your feet touching the ground while your weight is supported by the pile of bodies in front of you. Your entire weight has to be supported by your feet and only your feet. The only difference between the match last night and the SA match was that the referee didn't let him get away with it. Pocock didn't "play a blinder" but the referee was certainly blind. As, I have noticed, are almost all Aussies when their teams do anything wrong...
Perhaps you need to take another good look at the game again as I'm doing right now. First half nearly complete. Pockock has had 2 excellent steals, no resting on bodies, in through the gate, listens to the ref, then that muppet Cooper kicks it out on the full. He was penalised when he broke the rules.

Get over it. He's an excellent poacher. Simple as that.

The AB's were simply awesome. The Aussie forwards went walkabout.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:19 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's those alternate universe glasses available to Aussie sports fans.

Perhaps you need to take another good look at the game again as I'm doing right now. First half nearly complete. Pockock has had 2 excellent steals, no resting on bodies, in through the gate, listens to the ref, then that muppet Cooper kicks it out on the full. He was penalised when he broke the rules.

Get over it. He's an excellent poacher. Simple as that.

The AB's were simply awesome. The Aussie forwards went walkabout.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:25 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by IvanM
I think it's those alternate universe glasses available to Aussie sports fans.
and they have a very rose colored tint.

The ref obviously judged Pocock just right against the Bokke, but totally wrong against the ABs.

Damn those pesky refs.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 8:34 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you need to take another good look at the game again...
Even in Australia there are a million better things to do than watch a replay of the Wobblies, me Old Macademia Nut
Old Oct 17th 2011, 9:30 am

I still think it was Cooper getting smashed at the end of the AB game.

Originally Posted by papilon
It's probably the defining factor of this whole world cup, total lack of consistency by the refs, shame really
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
I still think it was Cooper getting smashed at the end of the AB game.
I missed it as posting on here....what happened?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 10:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

and they have a very rose colored tint.

The ref obviously judged Pocock just right against the Bokke, but totally wrong against the ABs.

Damn those pesky refs.
Not what I said. Your forwards got smashed by Australia and that help Pockock massively. The AB's smashed the Aussie forwards and Pockock had very few chances to poach correctly and was pinged when he didn't.

Had the Wallabies stood up and lost in a 2 point cracker, the England supporters would be back in there depressed hole, rather than taking the opportunity to have a crack at the Aussies, who made it one step further.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:09 pm

From what The rest of world saw the ref was blind to constant wallaby cheating in the pack. Pocock is average but seeing as the Aussie forwards are shite he is seen in a different light through those alternate goggles available in Australia.

Not what I said. Your forwards got smashed by Australia and that help Pockock massively. The AB's smashed the Aussie forwards and Pockock had very few chances to poach correctly and was pinged when he didn't.

Had the Wallabies stood up and lost in a 2 point cracker, the England supporters would be back in there depressed hole, rather than taking the opportunity to have a crack at the Aussies, who made it one step further.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.