Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

View Poll Results: Rugby World Cup 2011 - Who will win?
New Zealand
30.91%
Australia
8.18%
South Africa
12.73%
England
17.27%
Ireland
5.45%
France
2.73%
Scotland
2.73%
Argentina
0.91%
Wales
8.18%
Fiji
1.82%
Samoa
0.91%
Italy
1.82%
Bizarre Outcome
6.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:05 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 Thread

I am off to the tab. Double check that the french wine has not turned overnight.

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
A bright sunny day celebrating a wonderful French win,dinner with my family and a young lady,Saffers to beat the wallibies,NZ also to win
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:09 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
I am off to the tab. Double check that the french wine has not turned overnight.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:37 am
Banned

Wanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to all

They can but will the same team turn up? I just want the best northern hemisphere team to win. Allez les frogs or taffs.
You never know - I reckon New Zealand haven't had much of a taste for 'knock-out' rugby lately.

Question is - would they dare have an attack of the collywobbles in front of their own supporters? After all, Dan Carter is out
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:47 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the expectation level of the kiwi public so high they will blow it under the pressure?
Originally Posted by Wanderer5
You never know - I reckon New Zealand haven't had much of a taste for 'knock-out' rugby lately.

Question is - would they dare have an attack of the collywobbles in front of their own supporters? After all, Dan Carter is out
Old Oct 8th 2011, 10:59 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

To everyone who said England: "WRONG!"
To everyone who said Ireland (including me): "WRONG!"

Heigh ho. Well, at least we've won 6 golf Majors in the last few years.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
To everyone who said England: "WRONG!"
To everyone who said Ireland (including me): "WRONG!"

Heigh ho. Well, at least we've won 6 golf Majors in the last few years.
Well you can't acuse the ref of bias - he was pinging the French in the second half - and in the end it was still the handling.

Flood flicked at least 2 balls nowhere in particular after breaking the line...
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:52 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great game but the score-line is a bit flattering for England as they were never really in it. England's usually solid defence was not there in the 1st half. France's 2 tries were soft but England had to work hard for theirs.

Wales were awesome.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 11:53 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
You were saying
Bugger Missed it as at footie with Sean. They then announced the result at the end FFS suppose it saved me wasting 80 mins

Come on the Welsh now
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Bugger Missed it as at footie with Sean. They then announced the result at the end FFS suppose it saved me wasting 80 mins

Come on the Welsh now
Indeed boyo and I can watch it at a sensible time too
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:28 pm
Banned

Wanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to allWanderer5 is a name known to all

Is the expectation level of the kiwi public so high they will blow it under the pressure?
Well - you never know... only when all the matches have been played will we find out. Think its unlikely (myself) that there'll be any other winner than New Zealand.

I just noticed in the last few World Cups that they lost matches when they were expected to win
Old Oct 8th 2011, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed in the last few World Cups that they lost matches when they were expected to win
Really now?
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:29 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Well - you never know... only when all the matches have been played will we find out. Think its unlikely (myself) that there'll be any other winner than New Zealand.

dont know, i think its going to take a great team to beat the welsh
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Well well well to anyone who knows anything about rugby its turned out exactly as predicted lol at people who thought eng would progress!!!!
Wales v France nice
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Really now?
Yeah - really
Old Oct 8th 2011, 2:35 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Dare I just say that the performance of the English team was disappointingly rubbish?

Though France did play quite well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.