Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Rugby Union Thread

The Rugby Union Thread

Old Aug 10th 2015, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Rugby Union Thread

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It's shit. Teams like Australia, NZ and SA should never lose to Argentina - ever

We can keep saying that we're experimenting and that the WC is the only thing that matters but now I'm not too sure - I think we have problems

Lot's of talk in SA about the way the French ref policed the scrums and kept on penalising the Bokke unfairly but that's papering over the cracks - we were beaten fair and square

There's some time until the WC but we're leaving it a bit late......
Didn't see the game but reading the autopsy, they (coach & captain) didn't appear to blame anyone else like the ref etc... only themselves, which is a good sign. Hope they fix it soon.

Originally Posted by Beoz
I think from memory Australia and England were having some pretty tough times leading up to a World Cup win. If there's a silver lining and all.

I think its pretty wide open as it currently stands.
I hope you are right. Most world cups seem to have upsets and anything can happen. I just hope S.A. doesn't crash out anywhere before the semis. That would be really upsetting to me.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 11:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I have a $50 bet with someone at work that England will get further than Australia in the RWC. I think this could be quite close.

BB
Old Aug 11th 2015, 12:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Didn't see the game but reading the autopsy, they (coach & captain) didn't appear to blame anyone else like the ref etc... only themselves, which is a good sign. Hope they fix it soon.

I hope you are right. Most world cups seem to have upsets and anything can happen. I just hope S.A. doesn't crash out anywhere before the semis. That would be really upsetting to me.
Just thanks your lucky stars you aren't in the pool of death.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 2:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes indeed. Fortunately that is because they could play rugby in the distant past.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 3:36 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
OK here is the spreadsheet, hope you find it useful.

It is best if it is printed out in A3 colour!

BB
Good work Buzzy--Bee, thanks for sharing that

I can't see the winner coming from that group. Group A teams are playing knock out rugby from the start.

Does anyone know if the ENG v FRA game this weekend is being shown in Australia? I had a quick look but can't see it in the foxtel guide or on Sultana sports or whatever it's called these days.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NJJ
Good work Buzzy--Bee, thanks for sharing that

I can't see the winner coming from that group. Group A teams are playing knock out rugby from the start.

Does anyone know if the ENG v FRA game this weekend is being shown in Australia? I had a quick look but can't see it in the foxtel guide or on Sultana sports or whatever it's called these days.
Don't write off Fiji just yet.

To be fair on Fiji, they played South Africa in the quarters in 2007 and gave them a very good run. Nearly an upset. Another one to watch out for in the pool of death.
Old Aug 15th 2015, 9:31 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done the All Blacks 41-6.
I've lived in Australia 13 years & not seen them win a Bledisloe yet
Old Aug 15th 2015, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cresta57
Well done the All Blacks 41-6.
I've lived in Australia 13 years & not seen them win a Bledisloe yet
I don’t think the Bledisloe was on the agenda this year. For a start, you don't start Quade Cooper ahead of Foley, especially at Eden Park. All still tinkering and trying things out.

I like the result which was 41-13 BTW. It ensures we are not confident going into the World Cup which would be a disaster if we were, and secondly it makes sure that Quade Cooper is not on that plane to England.
Old Aug 16th 2015, 1:30 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think the Bledisloe was on the agenda this year. For a start, you don't start Quade Cooper ahead of Foley, especially at Eden Park. All still tinkering and trying things out.

I like the result which was 41-13 BTW. It ensures we are not confident going into the World Cup which would be a disaster if we were, and secondly it makes sure that Quade Cooper is not on that plane to England.
Lol yeah 41-13 I missed the last 5 mins as my dad skyped. Cooper is another personality that everyone loves to hate. Good[e] job he's not booed................
Old Aug 16th 2015, 2:00 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Lol yeah 41-13 I missed the last 5 mins as my dad skyped. Cooper is another personality that everyone loves to hate. Good[e] job he's not booed................
The Wallabies were poor yesterday - Cooper's sin bin cost them a few tries that's for sure!

The Bokke got a win - finally!
Old Aug 26th 2015, 11:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Rugby World Cup

RWC 2015 hosts England have fallen to fifth in the World Rugby Rankings after their 25-20 defeat to France in Paris on Saturday.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:47 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby World Cup

RWC 2015 hosts England have fallen to fifth in the World Rugby Rankings after their 25-20 defeat to France in Paris on Saturday.
I watched the game and although the playing surface was terrible, I don't think any other teams will be 'quaking in their boots' about England's scrum if they perform like they did against France.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 6:02 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby World Cup

That's a shame
Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:51 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Wallabies have climbed into 2nd in the World Rankings, not bad considering they were 6th in March.

BB
Old Aug 31st 2015, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Wallabies have climbed into 2nd in the World Rankings, not bad considering they were 6th in March.

BB

I'll support the Wallabies this World Cup as the Springboks have chosen a team based on quotas and not merit. I can only see them going further down the rankings going forward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.