British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Is it rude to go swimming in the pool, whilst Nick try to drop the gearbox out (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/rude-go-swimming-pool-whilst-nick-try-drop-gearbox-out-589832/)

suzyt Feb 7th 2009 12:48 am

Is it rude to go swimming in the pool, whilst Nick try to drop the gearbox out

Hi all. I this naughty, poor Nick did the clutch on the Discovery and as we speak is trying to get the gearbox out on his own to repair it :eek:
I have offered to help (rejected), he has already nearly broken two fingers.
Would it be rubbing salt in those wounds to swim :rofl:

Stitch Feb 7th 2009 1:18 am

Re: Is it rude to go swimming in the pool, whilst Nick try to drop the gearbox out

Originally Posted by suzyt (Post 7258736)
Hi all. I this naughty, poor Nick did the clutch on the Discovery and as we speak is trying to get the gearbox out on his own to repair it :eek:

Not at all! Hubby away painting and I am seriously considering going in ours!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Ginny

suzyt Feb 7th 2009 1:21 am

Re: Is it rude to go swimming in the pool, whilst Nick try to drop the gearbox out

Oh the vibe from the garage is not sounding good, and poor Oliver just pushed the buttons for the garage doors and made Nick jump cos he was under the car, hence Nick crapped himself Oliver ended up crying and iam on expats:eek:

suzyt Feb 7th 2009 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 7258778)
Not at all! Hubby away painting and I am seriously considering going in ours!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Ginny

Good for you , you go girl

Stitch Feb 7th 2009 3:12 am

Originally Posted by suzyt (Post 7258779)
Oh the vibe from the garage is not sounding good, and poor Oliver just pushed the buttons for the garage doors and made Nick jump cos he was under the car, hence Nick crapped himself Oliver ended up crying and iam on expats:eek:

So all quiet at your place then:eek:

Cheers

Ginny

emelems Feb 7th 2009 5:22 am

haha! firstly don't EVER off to help... never... men find it an affront to think that they need help from a mere girl...

Wish we had a swimming pool - yeah, I think you ought to go and swim and have a workout... tis very good for you! lmao! then you can say that you were exercising! ;)

Em x

Stitch Feb 7th 2009 6:16 am

Just back in from the pool and hubby now finished painting! Happiness all around!:thumbsup:

Cheers

Ginny

MarkMC Feb 7th 2009 10:26 am

Well in our house I am the qualified mechanic so we repair the car together :)

Kerry.

emelems Feb 7th 2009 10:46 am

Originally Posted by MarkMC (Post 7259657)
Well in our house I am the qualified mechanic so we repair the car together :)

Kerry.

ooh! you're handy! ;) Know who to chat up if we want a diagnosis now?! ;) ;) LOL!

Em x

dolliedimples Feb 7th 2009 11:06 am

nooo..not at all,
just remember to leave the barbie on for him so when hes finished he can crack it on whilest you crack open another tinnie whilest in the pool..enjoy!!!

Dougie Feb 9th 2009 12:42 pm

Like i said hope this is not too late but please see my reply on the other thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...48#post7266448

Dougie

Scrawni 2 Feb 9th 2009 7:33 pm

My husband did his gearbox and he really did break a finger :eek: Not a fun job at all.