Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Royal Wedding Excitment Down Under

Royal Wedding Excitment Down Under

Old May 22nd 2018, 3:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Royal Wedding Excitment Down Under

I'm five years older than my old man. One word from me and he does just as he likes.

I thought the gospel singers were Prince Charles' idea.

A bride should have influence over her own wedding. It wasn't a state event.

Yup. I did think the preacher lost his way a bit in his excitement and so was ad-libbing & repeating himself somewhat but maybe that all adds to the wedding itself.

He was nothing compared to the ad-lib drone of a Russian dissident that me and him and a few hundred others had to listen to at the Ross McWhirter awards. Now that was mentals.
Old May 22nd 2018, 3:47 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My husband's ten years younger and I have a lot of a past. Life is great, so long as he does what he's told.
Old May 22nd 2018, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I liked it so much that I watched it again Sunday (fast forwarding through the American preacher).

Best on ground in the fashion stakes was Imal Clooney, followed closely by Kitty Spencer, James Blunts Mrs and some lady in black chinese shaped hat with an orange dress with tassled cape.
Old May 22nd 2018, 8:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kooky.
My husband's ten years younger and I have a lot of a past. Life is great, so long as he does what he's told.
Cradle robber!
Originally Posted by Kim67
I liked it so much that I watched it again Sunday (fast forwarding through the American preacher).

Best on ground in the fashion stakes was Imal Clooney, followed closely by Kitty Spencer, James Blunts Mrs and some lady in black chinese shaped hat with an orange dress with tassled cape.
Agree 100% with the fashion picks. I thought Amal looked amazing on that yellow. But really, could she look bad in anything? She's beautiful.
I loved the colourof Kitty Spencer's dress. And that the Earl wore a coordinating tie.
James Blunt's +1 looked lovely and springtime. Except the brown shoes. She should have had something lighter - nude maybe?
I didn't see the orange dress. I did think that Meghan's mother looked lovely. That shade of green is very pretty.
Old May 22nd 2018, 8:42 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I've killed off one husband and one fiance (although, to be fair, the fiance was after we split up) - I like to look at the YoungerCurrentMrDreamy and sing 'Two out of three ain't bad'.

He knows better than to misbehave.
Old May 22nd 2018, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Cradle robber!

Agree 100% with the fashion picks. I thought Amal looked amazing on that yellow. But really, could she look bad in anything? She's beautiful.
I loved the colourof Kitty Spencer's dress. And that the Earl wore a coordinating tie.
James Blunt's +1 looked lovely and springtime. Except the brown shoes. She should have had something lighter - nude maybe?
I didn't see the orange dress. I did think that Meghan's mother looked lovely. That shade of green is very pretty.
I agree, the brown shoes were too heavy for the outfit. Meghans mum did look lovely. I felt so sad for her being all aline but thought Prince Charles did a nice job looking after her.

Searched the orange and black number and was American actress Janina Gavanka.
Attached Thumbnails Royal Wedding Excitment Down Under-images.jpg  
Old May 23rd 2018, 2:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

While nature should favour the woman being older than the husband, I'm afraid the reality is men usually prefer younger models, the more powerful or richer the younger, more decorative preferred. There is one classic example that springs to mind, that being the President of France and his partner. But sorry ladies not the norm, however you would prefer to 'dress it up'.
Perhaps too much has been read into the 'cougar' prowling female of above a certain age. While sought for supposed ease at' getting into the sack', doubtful how many actually would partake in a long term relationship would you agree? Certainly my experience from both observation and personal. The greater the age difference the more likelihood of problems. Obviously a year or two should hardly matter (as in the case of Royal couple) NB ( Charles and Diana it did certainly impact)
Old May 23rd 2018, 2:42 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I get it now - apologies, I don't read many threads, I hadn't picked up on the humour in this one.
Old May 23rd 2018, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'm honestly confused by the comments regarding Meghan exerting some influence over the wedding. It was her wedding, was she supposed to close her ears, eyes and mouth with regards to how the wedding went? From personal experience both my husband and I decided on every aspect of our wedding. Also it was reported that the Archbishop of Canterbury suggested quite late on that they include an American religious person. I'm sure both Meghan and Harry thought that a bloody nice idea. The fact he went on a bit long is neither here not there. He made everyone smile and laugh - how dare he. It was a private ceremony in so much as it was not a State event. That they said yes to the filming of it, doesn't mean it wasn't a private family event.

As for her maybe appearing more 'worldliwise' because she's (shock horror) an actress who's three years older than him, wtaf? Maybe he's looking for a mummy figure, given the age difference is so massive. - That was sarcasm by the way.

Edit: couldn't be bothered to quote, I'm too busy being grateful my husband is only a month older than me.
Regardless of 'her' wedding it was conducted in the gaze of a world wide audience. I fully expect the Royal couple dug their heals in on the odd occasion but obviously, we are not privy to the goings on behind closed doors. I would suggest Harry would likely be extremely stubborn in ensuring the desires of his wife to be, were met as near as possible.
Probably be a mistake to omit the power and influence of the monarchy over proceedings up to a point though. Certainly with regards to image and content .

Forget the rolling of eyes, it'll just give you added wrinkles, you don't have to be so sarcastic to my posts you know. By no means compulsory. The age difference was an issue discussed and indeed her past experiences. It most certainly would have caused 'ripples' in past decades within the Royal household. It just shows how the institution has 'matured' even if not entirely by own desire and I suspect it would be only a naïve person that would not accept some of the issues mentioned were not indeed brought up behind closed doors.

AS for your husband being a month older than you, well what to say? Enjoy the remaining time together would probably be the obvious comment....
Old May 23rd 2018, 2:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, I get it now - apologies, I don't read many threads, I hadn't picked up on the humour in this one.
Yep. Talk is the requirement of a 'Comedy Pass' will soon be required to access these threads. Only the most outrageous will gain entry. Being one of the few 'sensible' contributors , I'm living on borrowed time.