Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Royal Perth Hospital launches probe into cleaning staff cancer

Wikiposts

Royal Perth Hospital launches probe into cleaning staff cancer

Old Oct 31st 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Royal Perth Hospital launches probe into cleaning staff cancer

Cancer fears for former RPH patients, doctors and nurses

"There are literally hundreds of other former staff and patients who could have been exposed to the strong detergent being blamed for the potential medical disaster."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...01/2729845.htm

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...2-2761,00.html

Now people might wake up and realise how dangerous some chemicals can actually be for your health.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 12:08 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Perth Hospital launches probe into cleaning staff cancer

Originally Posted by Luma

"There are literally hundreds of other former staff and patients who could have been exposed to the strong detergent being blamed for the potential medical disaster."

Now people might wake up and realise how dangerous some chemicals can actually be for your health.
I read about that in the papers yesterday, the bit that made me laugh was that the staff exposed 'would be offered counselling'

Like that is really going to help them if cancer is what they are facing.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 12:12 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

That's why i take me own hand wash to work,the shit they give us to use would melt yer hands
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I read about that in the papers yesterday, the bit that made me laugh was that the staff exposed 'would be offered counselling'

Like that is really going to help them if cancer is what they are facing.
Actually, counselling does help cancer patients. The cancer clinic I worked in here had psychologists and counselling available to patients and their families to help them deal with the emotional part of their illness and the cancer hospice where my dad spent his last couple of weeks had psych nurses, chaplains, social workers, etc to help patients.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:23 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Actually, counselling does help cancer patients. The cancer clinic I worked in here had psychologists and counselling available to patients and their families to help them deal with the emotional part of their illness and the cancer hospice where my dad spent his last couple of weeks had psych nurses, chaplains, social workers, etc to help patients.
Oh Im not doubting it Dorothy, I know how effective counselling can help as I am having it myself.

I meant that I cant imagine how the staff or people affected by this are feeling. It is a case of blame - they will probably feel that this could have been avoidable and subsequently feel very angry at what has happened or what may happen.

Counselling should be the very least that is being offered to those affected by this.

I really hope they are all OK, when people smoke they know the risks and choose to take the possible risk of lung cancer.

When people drink excessively, they know the risks, but when people go to work for their wages, they dont expect the risk of cancer - it's not what they have 'signed up for'.

A fair days pay for a fair days work - but not the risk of cancer.

I feel so sorry for them.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma

On one of many health and safety seminars we found out you need 5ml of bleach diluted in a sink or bucket to sanitise a large area. 5ml, I like most people used to pour in half the bloody bottle