Wikiposts

Room with a view 2

Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Room with a view 2

Thanks G, just the info I need.

Looking for an easy walk (one very slow sub-2-year old, and one heavily pregnant 35-year-old!!). Found a good website (www.peakdistrict.gov.uk) so I'll look up the places you've suggested on the map.

Cheers
HP
Old Feb 24th 2006, 7:55 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Thanks G, just the info I need.

Looking for an easy walk (one very slow sub-2-year old, and one heavily pregnant 35-year-old!!). Found a good website (www.peakdistrict.gov.uk) so I'll look up the places you've suggested on the map.

Cheers
HP
If you go to Carsington there is a visitor's centre and the trail is very easy and you can easily take a pushchair as well.

The High peak and Tissington trails are very similar.

Some pubs may not like letting children in but most are OK. They are usually pretty busy (more so on a Sunday).

G
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:20 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

BTW

Who's the heavily pregnant 35 year old??

Not you is it

G
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:49 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
No koalas but there are wallabies in the Peak district.

Also parrots are becoming very common in the UK

The Ring necked parakeet was one of the most reported birds in the UK last year. There are now around 12000 living wild.

G
I have had 4 long tailed tits on my feeder today
Old Feb 24th 2006, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I have had 4 long tailed tits on my feeder today

:scared:
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

BTW

Who's the heavily pregnant 35 year old??

Not you is it

G
'fraid so! Littl'un will be just two when the new one arrives.....seemed like a good idea at the time, but if I knew then what I know now about tantrums and 'terrible twos' not sure I would have consented .

Well, what a freezing cold day in the Peaks . The wind was bitter and very strong. We ended up at Parsley Hey and had a bit of a walk on the trail, in the snow. Plenty of snow round Buxton way too, so it was an experience for Little HP as she hasn't played in snow before. A good day all round .
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:37 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

'fraid so! Littl'un will be just two when the new one arrives.....seemed like a good idea at the time, but if I knew then what I know now about tantrums and 'terrible twos' not sure I would have consented .

Well, what a freezing cold day in the Peaks . The wind was bitter and very strong. We ended up at Parsley Hey and had a bit of a walk on the trail, in the snow. Plenty of snow round Buxton way too, so it was an experience for Little HP as she hasn't played in snow before. A good day all round .
It has been very cold today, sounds like you had fun though I only made it to the shop and back
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:08 am
Bitter and twisted

'fraid so! Littl'un will be just two when the new one arrives

Congrats HP I didn't know.

You and Possoms are right....it was very cold up here today .

I did not bother going out

Gald you enjoyed it though.

I still think it is one of the most beautiful parts of England and will be very sad to leave .

G
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:59 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Bit different this morning

G

Ikes what happened!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Stitch
Ikes what happened!
Nothing....it just snowed.

I have posted the same view a few times in the past...usually in the summer

It was pretty grim the other morning so I wanted to show folks what they were missing

G
Old Feb 25th 2006, 10:05 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing....it just snowed.

I have posted the same view a few times in the past...usually in the summer

It was pretty grim the other morning so I wanted to show folks what they were missing

G

It's cold up north but nothing like that!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:09 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the impending littleun HP.Crikey...I feel old. I remember you having the littleun and now she's nearly two!!

Grayling: The piccies are lovely. We had a similar view from our house when we lived in UK [we lived near Bronte country].

I don't miss those bloody cold wintery days...bbbrrrrrrr....
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by possoms
It has been very cold today, sounds like you had fun though I only made it to the shop and back
Um, yes, when I said "bit of a walk" I should have elaborated and mentioned that we managed about 1km in each direction (mind you, that took nearly an hour!!). You probably went further than we did!! Little HP wanted to make footprints in the snow and was content just to jump up and down on the spot. It was bitterly cold and standing around not moving was torture!! Very very windy, but not so bad when the sun came out.

Mr HP asked if I'd rather have swapped those temps for 20 degrees in Melbourne....to be honest, I would have settled for 10 degrees!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Congrats on the impending littleun HP.Crikey...I feel old. I remember you having the littleun and now she's nearly two!!

Grayling: The piccies are lovely. We had a similar view from our house when we lived in UK [we lived near Bronte country].

I don't miss those bloody cold wintery days...bbbrrrrrrr....
Thanks P. Time flies doesn't it. How long have you been there now?
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks P. Time flies doesn't it. How long have you been there now?
It does doesn't it. I couldn't believe it when I read your littleun was nearly two!!

....and another one on the way too!...aahhhh....lovely....

We've been here nearly 20 months now.....and wished we'd done it years ago when the lads were younger [one boy still in UK ]

All things considered, we made the right choice for us...... and are happy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.