Reload this Page >

Rooksie's dilemma of the day

Rooksie's dilemma of the day

Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rooksie's dilemma of the day

Originally Posted by Issie
Excellent ....works wonders for my daughter in times of stress , she's only 8 and is already obssessed with shoes ( god help me) at least its mainly flip flops in OZ

i wonder if hubbie's wallet has just squealed in his back pocket??
Old Mar 6th 2006, 9:58 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i wonder if hubbie's wallet has just squealed in his back pocket??
PMSL......
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:17 am
Floribean in wait

oshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the roughoshel is a jewel in the rough

I would tell the school what's happening and then let her tell all her friends - if she can make them jealous enough they'll stop talking about going to secondary school and then she'll be so much more excited about OZ

I wouldn't keep her off school until you go as she'll be under your feet and you won't be able to get things done. When it calms down at school at least she'll be busy.

I hope it all sorts itself out. Now go and hit the shops! I'll need a full description of all purchases upon your return!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:29 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
I'm at my wits end. Eldest daughter is in her last year of primary school and last Thursday letters were sent out to all the children in the bay of that age stating what secondary school they had been accepted into. Grace goes to a Catholic school so obviously all of her class applied to go to the Catholic Secondary school which, incidentally, is a fantastic school. It seems all of Grace's class were accepted, including Grace.

This is where it hits home exactly what we are doing. Picture the scene: Grace goes into class on Friday and her whole class is demented with excitement because they are all going to the same secondary school - I remember it well when I was that age!! Imagine how Grace is feeling - she wont be going because we are dragging her off to Australia. She is so upset the school ring me to collect her and bring her home.

Today Jed drops her off, she enters the yard and they pounce still carrying on the conversation from Friday! She runs after Jed and he brings her home in floods of tears.

What do I do??? Do I make her suffer this until we leave at the end of March or do I tell the school she is leaving early and of course her younger sister, Daisy (who couldn't actually give a sh**!!)
Oh Jesus Jac that must be so hard. Personally I would pull her out of school early. Danielle (my little one) finishes on 17th March and we fly on 30th. She seems ok about saying goodbye to all her friends at the moment so fingers crossed it will stay that way. Keep reminding yourself that what you are doing is for the best for her. Talk to her as much as you can. Do you know anyone in the area that you're going to whos got children about the same age as her? Luckily we're in touch with someone who has three girls all going to her school. Have you looked at schools online with her? You probably have I know. I love showing Danielle pictures of the school she'll hopefully be going to. Keep her involved as much as you can mate.

Thinking of you.

Take care

Rach xxxx
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tygwyn
Oh Jesus Jac that must be so hard. Personally I would pull her out of school early. Danielle (my little one) finishes on 17th March and we fly on 30th. She seems ok about saying goodbye to all her friends at the moment so fingers crossed it will stay that way. Keep reminding yourself that what you are doing is for the best for her. Talk to her as much as you can. Do you know anyone in the area that you're going to whos got children about the same age as her? Luckily we're in touch with someone who has three girls all going to her school. Have you looked at schools online with her? You probably have I know. I love showing Danielle pictures of the school she'll hopefully be going to. Keep her involved as much as you can mate.

Thinking of you.

Take care

Rach xxxx
thanks mate. i havent quite narrowed school down yet - there are a few choices but hopefully it will all become clear when we get there! its a nightmare really because we havent exchanged contracs yet so there is only so much we can do/plan

we will have a family conference tonight i think because of course if grace leaves earlier than planned then daisy will have to do same (but im sure she wont mind!!). im a school gov which doesnt help either
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by oshel
I would tell the school what's happening and then let her tell all her friends - if she can make them jealous enough they'll stop talking about going to secondary school and then she'll be so much more excited about OZ

I wouldn't keep her off school until you go as she'll be under your feet and you won't be able to get things done. When it calms down at school at least she'll be busy.

I hope it all sorts itself out. Now go and hit the shops! I'll need a full description of all purchases upon your return!!

deal!!!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesnt it break your heart when theyre upset!!!

Hope the shopping trip works a treat Jac, I have an over sensitive 12yr old, and when it comes to our turn I just wouldnt send him.

Hope shes ok xxx
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about Grace,it must be really hard for her to leave her friends.
As you know i have 4 girls and i informed the school as soon as we decided to apply that one day they will be going to oz.We are fortunate enough that their has been 3 people emigrate from the school in the last 18 months,so the kids understand what goes on ,they had big leaving parties cards/pressies and addresses exchanged on their last days of school.

I would leave them at school and contact the teachers and see if you could get them to do a leaving party for your girls,their will be tears but you must remind them that they willl make new friends(what i usually do is ask them if they have had any new girls in their year and go from there)

We are aiming to go in July(all depends on whether house is sold or not but we have to validate by 8th sept),and lauren who is 11 is going to doly-moch at the end of the month,much to the despair of my OH as its costing us 110pounds,but it is something that she will remember her friends by.
also i intend to have abig leaving party and have told the girls that they can invite all of their friends.
If you want laurens msn address just pm me
Hope everything works out for all of you
Jo
Old Mar 6th 2006, 11:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

rooksie, now where do i start lol
i rmbr reading a great post by walla...................yes i did say wall so u can get off the floor and back to your seat
he was talking about making sure when u get here that the kids start when the school starts. it was a really good point and one that is overlooked by most.
when we arrived the school was going to be off for a week, so we thought it best to let the girls miss the first week of school and then have the week off that the school was having. we didnt see the point in letting them go to school for a week and then have a week off.
it was the best move we made. by the time the girls got the next school holiday, they had made friends and had something to do and look forward to while at school.
we also took the out of school a week early in the UK, cos we were moving to my sisters for a week before we left. that meant that the girls had lost 3 weeks.
it was the best thing we did mate. a few weeks off wont make that much of a difference. rmbr shes moving to another country with other ways of teaching lol.
dont get upset about it, just let her stay off and tell her u are doing it for her. she will think u are the best mum in the world. we all know u aren't, but hey.............we wont tell
just spend as much time with her as u can
we will be think of u mate
Old Mar 6th 2006, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly how you feel ! Our daughter Georgia is 9, she has been so excited about going to Oz, but just recently she has been getting a little bit upset thinking about leaving her friends especially her best friend Alyce.
It might be a good idea to have her look forward to something when she leaves.
She probably has about 3 weeks left at school before we go & have decided she can have a limousine party with her & 7 friends, they drive them around for around for a while with music playing and DVD's , they also get kiddies champagne & a photos taken which get put on the website.

Hope you enjoyed your shopping trip ! i love Next ( god I'm gonna miss it )

All the best

Nicky
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

hi Rooksie
hope things sort themselves out, am in same boat at moment as 11 yr old has also just been accepted at secondary school of choice, but probably won't be going. i say proably, as i am going to oz on the 30th april, but wife and children (11&7) have to stay behind until house sells, which is going nowhere fast. 11 yr old had to give her rabbit away on Sunday which has broken her heart, wife is getting more depressed by the day due to the uncertainty of it all, i just hope its worth all this sh*t at the other end!
sorry, started out to offer support!
Dom
Old Mar 6th 2006, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by don544
hi Rooksie
hope things sort themselves out, am in same boat at moment as 11 yr old has also just been accepted at secondary school of choice, but probably won't be going. i say proably, as i am going to oz on the 30th april, but wife and children (11&7) have to stay behind until house sells, which is going nowhere fast. 11 yr old had to give her rabbit away on Sunday which has broken her heart, wife is getting more depressed by the day due to the uncertainty of it all, i just hope its worth all this sh*t at the other end!
Dom
Hi,
Things are never straight forward are they. We have to enter Oz by 5th Sept.
We accepted offer on our house, brilliant!! then my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer,devastating what on earth are we going to do we thought.
Then our eldest son who is 11 didn't get the school we were hoping for. He
is really disappointed with the school he's been given. We are hoping we go to Oz in August (if mum is OK). Then son doesn't have to start secondary school. I am so fed up with trying to think about what we should do for the best. Please, please let it be all right once we get to Oz
Sorry this e-mail isn't cheerful!!
Sharon
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by pioneer
Hi,
Things are never straight forward are they. We have to enter Oz by 5th Sept.
We accepted offer on our house, brilliant!! then my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer,devastating what on earth are we going to do we thought.
Then our eldest son who is 11 didn't get the school we were hoping for. He
is really disappointed with the school he's been given. We are hoping we go to Oz in August (if mum is OK). Then son doesn't have to start secondary school. I am so fed up with trying to think about what we should do for the best. Please, please let it be all right once we get to Oz
Sorry this e-mail isn't cheerful!!
Sharon

doesnt it all just do your head in

hope things work out for you ok
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:49 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by don544
hi Rooksie
Dom

yup we had to give grace's cat away the other week. poor bugger, shes not having much luck at the moment

better be bloody worth it mate
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by soapy
rooksie, now where do i start lol
i rmbr reading a great post by walla...................yes i did say wall so u can get off the floor and back to your seat
he was talking about making sure when u get here that the kids start when the school starts. it was a really good point and one that is overlooked by most.
when we arrived the school was going to be off for a week, so we thought it best to let the girls miss the first week of school and then have the week off that the school was having. we didnt see the point in letting them go to school for a week and then have a week off.
it was the best move we made. by the time the girls got the next school holiday, they had made friends and had something to do and look forward to while at school.
we also took the out of school a week early in the UK, cos we were moving to my sisters for a week before we left. that meant that the girls had lost 3 weeks.
it was the best thing we did mate. a few weeks off wont make that much of a difference. rmbr shes moving to another country with other ways of teaching lol.
dont get upset about it, just let her stay off and tell her u are doing it for her. she will think u are the best mum in the world. we all know u aren't, but hey.............we wont tell
just spend as much time with her as u can
we will be think of u mate

well mate i have agreed to let her stay home tomorrow and then she can go in for the rest of the week - see how that goes and decide from there!!! cost me a bloody fortune at Next today!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.