Wikiposts

Ronaldo

Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:19 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ronaldo

Originally Posted by asprilla
Christiano Ronaldo doesn't strike fear into his opponents in the same way that Ronaldo used to.

I think that there are some truly special footballers that will be remembered for many years to come.....Players like Pele, Maradona, George Weah and Ronaldo fit into that category (in my opinion).
Kidding right? Cristiano absolutely scares the crap out of defenders and has done for several seasons.

Will he be remembered in years to come??.. of course he will.
He's on target to break all sorts of scoring records for Real, some that have stood for a very long time, having already made huge impact in England.

I also don't think George Weah or the Brazilian Ronaldo deserve to be up there with Pele and Maradona.... in my opinion.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:37 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FPE88
Ummmm Messi???
Lionel Messi - Another great player in the top echelon of footballers.... Christiano Ronaldo, Raul, Bergkamp, Van Basten, Fabregas, Veron, Schevcenko.... I could keep on going.... in my opinion these are some of the best footballers the world has ever seen.

But I just don't think that any of them will make their names in history, in the same way that Pele, Zidane, Ronaldo and others have done !

Perhaps Messi will !
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:41 am
Account Closed

Lionel Messi - Another great player in the top echelon of footballers.... Christiano Ronaldo, Raul, Bergkamp, Van Basten, Fabregas, Veron, Schevcenko.... I could keep on going.... in my opinion these are some of the best footballers the world has ever seen.

But I just don't think that any of them will make their names in history, in the same way that Pele, Zidane, Ronaldo and others have done !

Perhaps Messi will !
Veron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best bit of transfer work SAF did, even surpassing getting Cantona from Leeds, was getting Chelsea to pay 15 million for Veron.

I could also add.... Fabregas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by iamthecreaturefromuranus; Feb 20th 2011 at 11:45 am.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:47 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Kidding right? Cristiano absolutely scares the crap out of defenders and has done for several seasons.
All comes down to opinion I guess ! I can totally see where you're coming from. But for me, Christiano doesn't quite pose that same threat that Ronaldo did, in his heyday.... When Ronaldo had the ball in his prime, you almost expected him to score, wherever he was on the pitch !!

Would love to see an updated version of this list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_100

here's another great list. Unbelievable players.... I wish that I could travel back in time and see some of these guys at their best !!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_S...e_20th_Century

Last edited by asprilla; Feb 20th 2011 at 11:53 am.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:52 am
Account Open

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Veron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best bit of transfer work SAF did, even surpassing getting Cantona from Leeds, was getting Chelsea to pay 15 million for Veron.

I could also add.... Fabregas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep - Veron had a shocker at Man utd... yet in Italy, and for Argentina, the guy was incredible!!!! not sure if he's on either of those lists I posted...

...just checked.. he's on Pele's list, but not the World Soccer's "top 100 of the 20th Century"

Fabregas isn't on either list.....
Old Feb 20th 2011, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Yep - Veron had a shocker at Man utd... yet in Italy, and for Argentina, the guy was incredible!!!! not sure if he's on either of those lists I posted...

...just checked.. he's on Pele's list, but not the World Soccer's "top 100 of the 20th Century"

Fabregas isn't on either list.....
Veron was just too slow for English football. Wanted too much time and space, didn't get it, and couldn't adapt. No surprise that he played his best football for United in the Champions League.

Fabregas, decent player, certainly amongst the best midfield men in the Premiership. Not elite class though, but he's still young and does have the potential to become truly top flight.