Rome the TV series

Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:19 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rome the TV series

I've just bought the box set of Rome season one and watched it for the first time. What an excellent series. just thought I'd post that amazing snippet of and see what others thought of it. Personally I thought it one of the best pieces of TV I've ever watched. Go buy it, $32 in big W.

Last edited by arkon; Jun 4th 2008 at 12:21 pm. Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rome the TV series

Got to agree it's great telly.
Series 1 & 2 are being re-run on various Discovery channels in UK so watching them again. Lots of sex, nudity & violence, what more could you ask for.

Johnnyyt

Last edited by johnnyyt; Jun 4th 2008 at 1:02 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyyt
Lots of sex, nudity & violence, what more could you ask for.

Johnnyyt
But is it historically accurate? If so, I can justify buying it for its educational value.

If its just to see lots of pretty women showing their tits and arses, I'd be struggling to explain that to the Mrs JTL.

JTL
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

i thought it was an excellent series on the beeb i recall
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:36 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
But is it historically accurate? If so, I can justify buying it for its educational value.

If its just to see lots of pretty women showing their tits and arses, I'd be struggling to explain that to the Mrs JTL.

JTL
you don't need to explain she knows why you want it!
I have just bought it for my old man
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

JTL
Who cares how accurate it is, great telly.
Tell Mrs JTL also lots of male dangly bits and fit bodies for her to see, good old BBC balenced broadcasting!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:10 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

JTL
If you watch the documentry on it on the last disc it implies it's all accurate. Well mostly. The setting and morals are all more accurate than anything done befor it. As they say its all pre judo christian values.

Although there is nudity and violence I didn't think it was out of place. infact they skip most of the violence and just leave you to imagine what happens most of the time.

The classic best line ever has got to be, Atia: 'Do you think she will like it?' 'I don't see why not, big penises are always welcome' For me that scene was one of the funniest I've ever seen.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:20 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I love it Arkon.

I am half way through season 2 - it's brilliant!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:21 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares how accurate it is, great telly.
Tell Mrs JTL also lots of male dangly bits and fit bodies for her to see, good old BBC balenced broadcasting!
Exactly! there's something for everyone
Old Jun 5th 2008, 11:25 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Got to agree it's great telly.
Series 1 & 2 are being re-run on various Discovery channels in UK so watching them again. Lots of sex, nudity & violence, what more could you ask for.

Johnnyyt
That's good enough for me. I am downloading it now
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Kapri
Exactly! there's something for everyone
Perhaps not kids though

Johnnyyt
Old Jun 5th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by arkon
The classic best line ever has got to be, Atia: 'Do you think she will like it?' 'I don't see why not, big penises are always welcome' For me that scene was one of the funniest I've ever seen.
Series 2 has a great line from Octavian to his new wife something like ' From time to time I may beat you. It's not that I am displeased with you, it just pleases me to do so.'

Johnnyyt
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
That's good enough for me. I am downloading it now
Where from? If you say UK Nova I'll beat you with a big stick!

Or if you don't want to say publicly, can you PM me.

I want to dowload it, purely for the historical and interesting drama parts. If it happens to include lots of tits and arses so be it.

JTL
Old Jun 5th 2008, 1:19 pm
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon
I've just bought the box set of Rome season one and watched it for the first time. What an excellent series. just thought I'd post that amazing snippet of and see what others thought of it. Personally I thought it one of the best pieces of TV I've ever watched. Go buy it, $32 in big W.
Thanks - think I will. This is how I watch TV these days.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 12:58 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Where from? If you say UK Nova I'll beat you with a big stick!

Or if you don't want to say publicly, can you PM me.

I want to dowload it, purely for the historical and interesting drama parts. If it happens to include lots of tits and arses so be it.

JTL
Thebox.bz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.